Karthik vs Saha

44 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Very very uncharacteristic of vvvs.

Asking for Karthik as wk in tests is like asking for Rohit the batsman in tests.

KKD was never discarded for his keeping. He was discarded because DHoni was not ignorable. Initially Dhoni was more of a goalkeeper than a keeper. He got better only later on. He had his fumbles like other keepers. All i am asking  is in current form are the difference between KKD and Saha so big that Saha is a necessary evil?

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Time is not far when all rounders will replace the bowlers and teams may have 10 batsman and 7 to 8 bowlers. 

Just keeping skills will ensure that he is dumped soon... If Saha fails with the bat... Kartik shud replace him but Saha shud get a chance at least in two tests more. 

Definitely, he will get it. But Kohli will not have too much patience with him. Saha will be under pressure to hold on to every single catch that come his way. If he drops a crucial catch or misses a crucial stumping he could be in hot seat. Only way he can remove that uncertainty is by performing with the bat. England is a relatively easier place to score that too against older ball. Let us see how he does there.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

one thing ill give karthik as keeper over Saha is DRS which he was good in SA in watever Lil time. 

Specially with kohli n DRS u need someone to shout - " Nahin Cheeku"

He is way more self-aware than he was with us as a regular keeper. He has been captaining his stateside for a while. So responsibility has made him more focused.

Those who want Karthik based on his exploits against a grade Z team in a grade Z tournament, recall the Lanka tour in 2008, M and M wallah, how many did this guy drop in the test series: 10, 15, 20? What did hero do in the 2014 Asia cup, cost us 2 matches in the group stages that eventually got us kicked out of the tourney. And FFS he averages lesser than Saha, he may have had a stellar 2007 Eng tour but in 2007 summer Roberto Carlos was playing for Brazil and Lehman Brothers was intact...11 saal ho gaye hai bhai log. Karthik may still get 2-3 runs per innings more than Saha if he plays lights out, it's not like Saha doesn't know how to hold a bat (has a 100 outside SC, Dhoni+PP+Karthik have combined 0 :hysterical:) and Karthik is a superior version of Gilly..... Saha is an outstanding keeper who has missed 4 chances in last 17 completed test matches, same as what PP did in 1 test in Cape Town....best against pace, best against spin (sorry Dhoni chamchabots), he fits into an all time Indian test XI and here we are arguing whether he should play in England this summer !!! Add to the fact keeping in England is bloody tough, better keepers than Karthik have been made to look like fools there because of the movement in the air, with our horrendous catching last thing we need is a poor keeper. I think our boys can take 25 wickets per match but 27-28 will be too much. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Those who want Karthik based on his exploits against a grade Z team in a grade Z tournament, recall the Lanka tour in 2008, M and M wallah, how many did this guy drop in the test series: 10, 15, 20? What did hero do in the 2014 Asia cup, cost us 2 matches in the group stages that eventually got us kicked out of the tourney. And FFS he averages lesser than Saha, he may have had a stellar 2007 Eng tour but in 2007 summer Roberto Carlos was playing for Brazil and Lehman Brothers was intact...11 saal ho gaye hai bhai log. Karthik may still get 2-3 runs per innings more than Saha if he plays lights out, it's not like Saha doesn't know how to hold a bat (has a 100 outside SC, Dhoni+PP+Karthik have combined 0 :hysterical:) and Karthik is a superior version of Gilly..... Saha is an outstanding keeper who has missed 4 chances in last 17 completed test matches, same as what PP did in 1 test in Cape Town....best against pace, best against spin (sorry Dhoni chamchabots), he fits into an all time Indian test XI and here we are arguing whether he should play in England this summer !!!

Hyperbolic is an understatement. He has missed easy stumpings. I take a dig at Dhoni. But Saha cannot hold a candle to Dhoni when it comes to stumping. Yes he is average. He is under tremendous pressure to score runs in Tests. If he drops catches and mucks up with bat too he could easily be "rested"  like in SA. 

This missed opportunity did not allow India to push for a win. They drew the test.
6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Hyperbolic is an understatement. He has missed easy stumpings. I take a dig at Dhoni. But Saha cannot hold a candle to Dhoni when it comes to stumping. Yes he is average. He is under tremendous pressure to score runs in Tests. If he drops catches and mucks up with bat too he could easily be "rested"  like in SA. 

This missed opportunity did not allow India to push for a win. They drew the test.

Everybody misses a few, even Healy cost his side a series win in 1994 Pak with an easy stumping miss. I will take someone who misses once in 3-4 tests over someone who misses every innings, no brainer esp considering our state of catching. I have seen Dhoni miss many catches off spinners, his stumpings are generally good but not his catching. Saha may be a mediocre batsman but what exactly has Karthik shown all these years to prove he has what is takes, an average of 27 with a solitary 100 against 2007 Bangladesh is no crowning achievement. He was good in 2007 Eng but that was 11 years back. I like Karthik and he will be my back up keeper and back up opener for Eng, any day Karthik over that buffoon PP. Just that I see Saha's spot as permanent in our test team barring injury. 

Edited by Gollum