Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

It's proven fact by doctors. This is the reason, Australians didn't play Cummins in test cricket since 2011 for 6 years when he suffeted stress fracture after his test debut in SA. CA was advised not put him in tests by doctors due to stess fractures. He played second test at 24 after six years of his debut.

Yes it's the part of growth process, flexibility, bone getting stronger and dense n happens at a older age

5 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

BTW , how good it would be to see pitches like these in most of the IPL matches instead massacre of bowling everyday ? 

Yes, was craving for a pitch like this.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think having a good yorker or slower ball do not necessarily make someone an LOI bowler.

Along with these and decent channel deliveries ... what I liked about Prasidh in the IPL and VHT and Khaleel in SMA Trophy was that ... they kept a cool head when the batters were trying to attack.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

And I for one believe that Test cricket is the best form of the game to make a debut in. Not any form of LOI. The batsmen do not jump at you in Test cricket. And even if you fail on the first day, you always have the 2nd day or the 2nd innings to make amends. But a bad outing in an ODI or T20 could very well mean mental disintegration and a long time scar. Not to forget, a bad innigs could break one's career entirely.

A very valid point.  However,  I don't  remember the last time a young pacer was debuted in test matches.  

The next best option is ODIs.

21 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Rajpoot to Billings 

https://imgur.com/a/lqdUojy

Didnt bowl even 1%of this kind in previous matches ,he possesses so much spark,its only 4 overs bowl with your full effort don't spare a bit ,great delivery,we have got huge pool of fast bowlers now ..not only for t20s but others too..i think the current crop forced the likes of Umesh to evolve may be its insecurity,really hope the tall Unlucky Sharma too gets insecure and gets Lucky

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Didnt bowl even 1%of this kind in previous matches ,he possesses so much spark,its only 4 overs bowl with your full effort don't spare a bit ,great delivery,we have got huge pool of fast bowlers now ..not only for t20s but others too..i think the current crop forced the likes of Umesh to evolve may be its insecurity,really hope the tall Unlucky Sharma too gets insecure and gets Lucky

It's all about conditions.

18 minutes ago, speedheat said:

He does get some swing brother whenever he pitches it up, mostly outswing, reason why he is using that new ball, but its his pace and bounce  and seam is what does more damage, the guy is a complete bowler.

Speedbhai ...  looking at Rajpoot bowl , one just hopes that he wants to bowl at the pace he did today in every match.  I don't know why he doesn't.

It makes him look so much better as a bowler.

Rajpoot can be a good option too for England but I would like him to get fitter. He is looking a bit flabby right now. I hate flabby fast bowlers. Big reason that put me off from Shami. You dont deserve to play for India if you have excess flab. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Speedbhai ...  looking at Rajpoot bowl , one just hopes that he wants to bowl at the pace he did today in every match.  I don't know why he doesn't.

They have played many day games in 40 degrees heat. Also, he seems to have gained some excess flab that he needs to shed.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bro, he did bowl with the same pace as of today in this tournament, he bowled quick in all those matches he played,  trust me its just that inconsistent speedometer showing fluctuation in his speed.

20 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Thats because when there is no help in pitch , batters will simply play through the line and thrash even good / back of length balls .    Due to this bowlers have to go for variations and most of young ones do not have that control  for such variations .

Also if you noticed today , there was no attempt for variations . Just classic Test match bowling with pace  and with some movement it looked very good . 

Can't expect same level of bowling on dead pitches . 

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Unhelpful conditions should not mean a young pacer bowling much slower.

Archer, Bumrah, Mavi, Boult, Prasidh and Avesh never dropped pace irrespective of pitches.

And they still got thrashed.

12 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Thats because when there is no help in pitch , batters will simply play through the line and thrash even good / back of length balls .    Due to this bowlers have to go for variations and most of young ones do not have that control  for such variations .

Also if you noticed today , there was no attempt for variations . Just classic Test match bowling with pace  and with some movement it looked very good . 

Can't expect same level of bowling on dead pitches . 

Yes. It becomes very difficult to bowl quick consistently when you have to bowl slow balls. They concentrate more on variations.

2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

this over was thousand times better than avesh khan.....avesh khan needs  control......

he will get control very soon..that's not some thing which he cannot get.

Umesh was so reckless , even Varun Aroon- now they have good control.

if he is criticised he will go for too much of control and then become a serious trundler. i guess he was not in full rhythm and thats why he lost his control ..this is a part of growing up of a pace bowler.

if rajput starts bowling like today- he will be a terror. if rajput bowls at avesh's Speed and has the control of a rajput, he will be in indian 11 very very soon.

rajput is a little slower than avesh...or if i say the other way if avesh has the control of rajput , avesh will play for India very soon. i think avesh will get the control soon..not sure rajput will have the speed of avesh though.

46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And they still got thrashed.

Not talking about thrashing here ( which is common in T20s played on flat tracks )  ... but the tendency of a pacer to bowl at full pace or intensity ...  or not to do so.

This tendency to bowl at full pace or intensity is very helpful in test matches and reasonably helpful in ODIs.

Edited by express bowling