Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i think he will be dropped next game.  His bowling is more suited to test cricket. He will be handy in England. BK, Chahar, Bumrah/any another genuine pacer should be our pace trio on England tour. Swing is the king there.

Yes, agreed, is our best swing bowler after bk,should get chance in eng.in test matches but shouldn't be anywhere near our odi n t20 team on those flat roads.

2017 top 3 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Bhuvi / 14 / 26 / 7.05 / 12

Jaydev / 12 / 24 / 7.02 / 11.4

Jas /  16 / 20 / 7.41 / 17.8

2018 top 2 wicket takers:

Player / Innings / Wickets / eco rate / strike rate

Mayank Markande / 3 / 7 / 8 / 9.4

Woakes / 3/ 7 / 10.50 / 9.7

11 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Can you tell out of so many Big Bash editions and few stints at IPL, how many seasons he has topped as highest wicket taker. I don't remember even one season. He was an injury material and it impacted his performances.

you dont need to be highest wicket-taker to do that. Unadkut was the highest wicket taker last year. does it makes him a great short form bowler? RP Singh once was also among top wicket takers. but wasnt a good LOI bowler.  Tait has 218 wickets in 71 T20s. avg of 22 and SR of 16, 1.27 wickets per match. BK has 150 in 128 matches, 1.17 wickets per match, slightly worse SR of 18, average of just 21.90, but better ER. BK is a top T20 bowler, same way Tait was too.

Edited by rkt.india

35 minutes ago, speedheat said:

This joker dpak chahar keeps on getting chance despite being thrashed :facepalm: csk should play asiff over him, or certain someone fingers are more important than team  i think :thinking:

honestly chahar is better than other pace bowlers .. his sister is super hot :Giggity:

never seen asif though

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you dont need to be highest wicket-taker to do that. Unadkut was the highest wicket taker last year. does it makes him a great short form bowler? RP Singh once was also among top wicket takers. but wasnt a good LOI bowler.  Tait has 218 wickets in 71 T20s. avg of 22 and SR of 16, 1.27 wickets per match. BK has 150 in 128 matches, 1.17 wickets per match, slightly worse SR of 18, average of just 21.90, but better ER. BK is a top T20 bowler, same way Tait was too.

I take the point that Tait was not as bad i said now that you have pointed out the overall records of Tait in T20. 

Coming back to the actual point of debate. My reply was lack of control over the line and length and the pace being used by the youngsters nowadays to score runs off them. Even Samson used the pace yesterday to tonk runs. He was hurried by some deliveries but still the fact remains that he tonked them for fours and sixers and won the match for team. The upper glide over the short third man is one shot where the batsmen of these days use the pace of the bowlers to glide it for six. Hence the point about control over line and length becomes important in gaining the end performance. Even Samson was tonking the pace beautifully over the sight screen.  The fear factor that he was facing pace of Umesh Yadav was not seen. Think he is used to it due to reasons mentioned before.

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I take the point that Tait was not as bad i said now that you have pointed out the overall records of Tait in T20. 

Coming back to the actual point of debate. My reply was lack of control over the line and length and the pace being used by the youngsters nowadays to score runs off them. Even Samson used the pace yesterday to tonk runs. He was hurried by some deliveries but still the fact remains that he tonked them for fours and sixers and won the match for team. The upper glide over the short third man is one shot where the batsmen of these days use the pace of the bowlers to glide it for six. Hence the point about control over line and length becomes important in gaining the end performance. Even Samson was tonking the pace beautifully over the sight screen.  The fear factor that he was facing pace of Umesh Yadav was not seen. Think he is used to it due to reasons mentioned before.

Problem is not pace but not enough pace. Tait used to bowl close to 150 and more and that is what called pace. It was very difficult to line Tait with his unpredictability and pace. There is no substitute for real pace. 140KPH is very hitable pace.  Starc has that pace bowling in high 140s up low 150s.  None of the Indian bowlers have that pace.  140K is just fast medium. Yesterday, Umesh did not bowl quick at all he was bowling mid to high 130s.

Edited by rkt.india

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Problem is not pace but not enough pace. Tait used to bowl close to 150 and more and that is what called pace. It was very difficult to line Tait with his unpredictability and pace. There is no substitute for real pace. 140KPH is very hitable pace.  Starc has that pace bowling in high 140s up low 150s.  None of the Indian bowlers have that pace.  140K is just fast medium. Yesterday, Umesh did not bowl quick at all he was bowling mid to high 130s.

He used to slide the ball on leg stump which the batsman just had to get an micron of wood on to make it disappear. I watched a lot of those on Big bash. His other problem was no ball resulting in Free Hits. Some Aussie batsmen used to just guide the short ball over third man and bang.He was terribly fast though in Big Bash too. Agree he was unpredictable . I would add unpredictable in line when he tried different lengths. The other bowler i saw was Nantie Hayward. Real fast. But same issues, no control over it.

10 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He used to slide the ball on leg stump which the batsman just had to get an micron of wood on to make it disappear. I watched a lot of those on Big bash. His other problem was no ball resulting in Free Hits. Some Aussie batsmen used to just guide the short ball over third man and bang.He was terribly fast though in Big Bash too. Agree he was unpredictable . I would add unpredictable in line when he tried different lengths. The other bowler i saw was Nantie Hayward. Real fast. But same issues, no control over it.

Unpredictability is the king in T20s.  Batsman cannot lineup an unpredictable bowler and that got him a lot of wickets.  accuracy also depends on bowling action. High arm bowlers are more accurate but less quicker than around arm bowlers who will be less accurate.

Edited by rkt.india

45 minutes ago, velu said:

honestly chahar is better than other pace bowlers .. his sister is super hot :Giggity:

never seen asif though

Km asif is another genuinely quick pacer from Kerala, has quick short ball can hit 145kph, asif, thakur, bravo can be a handy pace attack for csk.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Km asif is another genuinely quick pacer from Kerala, has quick short ball can hit 145kph, asif, thakur, bravo can be a handy pace attack for csk.

our mule is stuborn.. :wall: 

our Team management decided to with 7 bowlers.. so cant accomodate another pacer

jaddu + tahir + bhajji 

chahr + takur

bravo + watto 

35 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Unpredictability is the king in T20s.  Batsman cannot lineup an unpredictable bowler and that got him a lot of wickets.  accuracy also depends on bowling action. High arm bowlers are more accurate but less quicker than around arm bowlers who will be less accurate.

There are a lot of basic skills required for pace bowling. I used to coach at our club. A lot of aspects are concentrated on while developing pacers. It's just not we used to see that high arm bowlers are more accurate. In fact  every bowler should be having control over accuracy, be it someone with high arm or normal arm. Coaching does not works like that, neither is performance depending on height and arm. It did not make any difference. I observed that the better bowlers had control and their height did not correlate to their accuracy.So i disagree with that part of your post. 

56 minutes ago, velu said:

our Team management decided to with 7 bowlers.. so cant accomodate another pacer

jaddu + tahir + bhajji 

chahr + takur

bravo + watto 

Just replace chahar with asif, and it looks more balanced, your mule is more than stubborn, decides to send jddu ahead of bravo lol,  @velu what's the name of dipk chahars sister?? :drool:

1 hour ago, velu said:

jaddu + tahir + bhajji 

chahr + takur

bravo + watto 

With so much experience in batting unit why there is requirement of more batters. Surely CSK can go with a team having Bravo at 6 at least in T20 where Bravo is superstar. In fact CSK can have 6 bowlers rather than 5.

Edited by Straight Drive

29 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Just replace chahar with asif, and it looks more balanced, your mule is more than stubborn, decides to send jddu ahead of bravo lol,  @velu what's the name of dipk chahars sister?? :drool:

we can replace one bolwer with a batsmen .. will strengthen our batting as well 

malati chahar :Giggity:

47799310.cms?width=350&height=350

Spoiler

037716822d310916e9f84c19a59de8bb.jpg

24 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

With so much experience in batting unit why there is requirement of more batters. Surely CSK can go with a team having Bravo at 6 at least in T20 where Bravo is superstar. In fact CSK can have 6 bowlers rather than 5.

we can keep hitting instaed of consoalidationg .. again raydud and jaddu in the top 7.. wont trust them :p:

jaddu didnt bowl .. if we have 3 allrounders , we can use them for atleast 8 overs

1 hour ago, velu said:

we can keep hitting instaed of consoalidationg .. again raydud and jaddu in the top 7.. wont trust them :p:

jaddu didnt bowl .. if we have 3 allrounders , we can use them for atleast 8 overs

Yes, Jaddu is the problem here. He cannot be trusted with 4 overs. The bowling attack needs to be strengthened imo. RCB and CSK have similar problems. The batting unit is under too much pressure due to bowling attack leaking lot of runs.