BCCI wants Kohli to play Afghanistan test by prioritising it over his County stint

Afg would turn out to be a fast improving team in world cricket. They would pass BAN who is just now growing up. And Afg wouldn't do nagin dance, act unsportingly and cry after they lose.

you haven't watched too many afg matches have you? LOL. They are a bunch of cocky guys. It seems fine now cause they are consider a minnow and everyone is in awe but the moment they start winning more matches, those attitudes would feel like a virus. Same thing that is happening with BD. No one cared when they didnt win but huffed and puffed but now they started winning, those stupid sh*ts they do on the field is annoying. 

On the thread subject: I feel like Virat should play test against AFG. Give them the respect they deserve by providing a full strength team for their first match. Atleast they have earned it fair and square. 

Edited by Zero_Unit

Also Stokes has learnt to bowl good outswingers, so it will be tough for Kohli. If he scores runs against this attack in the summer, he will be the undisputed complete batsman.

Hold your horses there buddy, Kohli has done zilch on rank turners and is a non entity in WCs, more so in KOs...that's 3 big holes to fill. 

you haven't watched too many afg matches have you? LOL. They are a bunch of cocky guys. It seems fine now cause they are consider a minnow and everyone is in awe but the moment they start winning more matches, those attitudes would feel like a virus. Same thing that is happening with BD. No one cared when they didnt win but huffed and puffed but now they started winning, those stupid sh*ts they do on the field is annoying. 

+1, once they improve they will be unlikable. Bunch of cocky, hot blooded rogues those Afghans, posters here should take a look at their football team and see how they behave with India (and other South Asian teams) to get an idea. Luckily the cricket team will depend on BCCI, so if they show too much attitude they will be knocked down a notch or two.

Edited by Gollum

Hold your horses there buddy, Kohli has done zilch on rank turners and is a non entity in WCs, more so in KOs...that's 3 big holes to fill. 

You're being too tough on Kohli, Lara and Dravid too have not done much in World Cups or ICC trophies (except Dravid being highest scorer in that disastrous 1999 WC). Kohli made 103 at Nagpur against Swann and Panesar, which IMO is his greatest test knock (which also beats his 70 odd against Saffers recently), he may not have complete mastery over spin but he will get there. Even though he may never achieve Sehwag level awesomeness against spin I see Kohli being on par with Sachin and Dravid in future when it comes to play spin. 

Edited by MechEng

You're being too tough on Kohli, Lara and Dravid too have not done much in World Cups or ICC trophies (except Dravid being highest scorer in that disastrous 1999 WC). Kohli made 103 at Nagpur against Swann and Panesar, which IMO is his greatest test knock (which also beats his 70 odd against Saffers recently), he may not have complete mastery over spin but he will get there. Even though he may never achieve Sehwag level awesomeness against spin I see Kohli being on par with Sachin and Dravid in future when it comes to play spin. 

IMO both Lara and Dravid aren't perfectly complete batsmen, very few like SRT, Viv, Sanga, Smith (almost there) can be regarded as complete. Still Dravid in spite of being a limited ODI batsman was brilliant (top scorer) in 1999 and ok in 2003. Lara who was the best early 90s ODI bat was magnificent in 1992 and had a few stellar knocks in other WCs. Kohli is nowhere close to them, he needs only 1 awesome WC to fill the WC wallah void..he can do that by either scoring 500+ runs or being a hero in KOs like Smith in 2015. 

That Nagpur pitch was flat, nowhere close to a square turner. It came under heavy criticism for its dead nature back then, very slow spin and low bounce meaning scoring quickly was difficult but also tough to get 20 wickets. Mumba/Kolkata 2012, Mohali/Nagur 2015, Pune/Bengaluru 2017...those were the rank turners and Kohli failed every single time. Che, Vijay, KLR played match winning/high quality knocks on some of those bunsens while Kohli was nowhere to be seen. Kohli has to 1st get to Che/Vijay/KLR level on rank turners...Sachin aur Dravid toh bahut door hai. 

Edited by Gollum

Play this XI against AFG:-

Shaw

KLR

Che (Eng me koi kaam ka nahin hai ye banda, let him tackle AFG spinners) 

Mayank Agarwal

Nair

Karthik as wk(anyway he should be in Eng squad as 2nd keeper, let him get free of nerves here in stead of making a comeback against Anderson/Broad...make Saha keep for India A in Eng)

Jadeja

Ashwin (c)

Jayant Yadav

Shami

Umesh

These guys should be in Eng either with county or India A :Kohli, Rahane, Vijay, Dhawan, Hardik, Bhuvi, Ishant, Saha, Kuldeep. Others can join after AFG test.

Edited by Gollum

On the thread subject: I feel like Virat should play test against AFG. Give them the respect they deserve by providing a full strength team for their first match. Atleast they have earned it fair and square. 

That happens naturally doesnt it. It is basic human behavior. Everyone including me have acted cocky in their life ( not proud of it. In fact I sometimes feel like I should travel back in time to punch my younger self). Same thing may have happened in BD but they havent won any test series let alone win a match. And their celebrations and emotions are funny. Them and their fans cry when the lose.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:11 AM, Gollum said:

County stint is vital for Kohli. Don't forget his 2014 show in Eng was the worst ever show by any no 4 batsman in the last 130 years of test cricket. Statistically Kohli is the worst batsman to ever set foot in the home of cricket, even no 11 batsmen have much better resume than him. He must prioritize county and look to get a good tour, else he can never be taken seriously as a great batsman esp compared to his peers. We shouldn't take AFG very lightly because they have potential and may spring a surprise against a depleted Team India, but Kohli/Vijay/Rahane/Che etc must be in county/India A 1 month before the tour......more than bowlers batsmen need time to acclimatize to those conditions. Play the full bowling attack and likes of KLR, Nair, Dhawan, Rohit etc, that should be enough to deal with the Afghans. 

I now see why you fight tooth and nail to praise Steve Smith. You have an insatiable bias against Kohli- strange for you, as you generally appreciate good players 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

I now see why you fight tooth and nail to praise Steve Smith. You have an insatiable bias against Kohli- strange for you, as you generally appreciate good players 

I love Kohli the batsman and want him to correct voids in his career so that when all is done he will be remembered as a complete batsman like SRT, just hate his selection policies. The fact that I rate Smith highly doesn't have anything to do with VK....Smith is my no 1, then ABDV, Kohli 3rd among current batsmen.

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I love Kohli the batsman and want him to correct voids in his career so that when all is done he will be remembered as a complete batsman like SRT, just hate his selection policies. The fact that I rate Smith highly doesn't have anything to do with VK....Smith is my no 1, then ABDV, Kohli 3rd among current batsmen.

most in the world rate as follows (including Mark Nicholas and Shane Warne as per their recent discussion during South Africa/Aus test series- before ball tampering incident):

1. VK 

2. ABDV 

3. Steve Smith 

your view is a minority view- but you're entitled to it. 

1 minute ago, mancalledsting said:

most in the world rate as follows (including Mark Nicholas and Shane Warne as per their recent discussion during South Africa/Aus test series- before ball tampering incident):

1. VK 

2. ABDV 

3. Steve Smith 

your view is a minority view- but you're entitled to it. 

I give more importance to test cricket and ICC tourney records. I don't rate T20 and last 10 years or so even ODI bilaterals have lost their charm for me.

I guess most sensible people will rate VK, ABDV, SS as top 3 but order may vary. A lot can change in the coming 2 years. In light of recent events I believe VK has a great chance to end as this era's finest batsman. But come to think of it, even ABDV may fulfill his real potential...imagine him having a blockbuster ICC 2019 tourney with big scores in latter stages something which he is very much capable of doing. If he continues his test cricket resurgence like he showed earlier this year ABDV may end up as the greatest post Tendulkar batsman.