Time for President's Rule in West Bangladesh was yesterday

surajmal

50 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

I am taking Bengal as whole .If in East Bengal Hindu's are attacked then they must fleed to West Bengal , which results in increase in Hindu population of West Bengal .If East Bengali Muslims are illegally immigrating to West Bengal then population of Muslims should have been decline in Bangladesh.But unfortunately in both areas population of Hindu's declined which is very surprising

Genocide may affect population , but it's affect in Bengal's case could be 1-2 %  But decline in Hindu population is at very large rate.So either they are converting or tfr is very low

Majority immigration of Hindus from East to West Bengal occurred in 1947-80s period. You can see that the Muslim population increased from 19.85% to 21.5% in the 1947-1981 period HERE. This is a paltry 1.6% growth in 3.5 decades compared to 2.5 % growth in 2001-2011 period. This can only be explained by low TFR of Hindu women, the influx of Hindus only somewhat compensated the difference in TFR in this 35 year period. Once immigration trickled down the difference in TFR resulted in M population growing from 21.5% to approx 30% in the next 35 odd years !!! I read a paper by an ISI Kolkata prof in which he concluded that post 1991 immigration to West Bengal has come down drastically and most of the immigration has shifted to the North East. So yeah low TFR must be the biggest reason for the decline in Hindu population. In Bangladesh it is obvious because Hindus don't want their girl children to get kidnapped/raped by Muslims......every month there are a dozen riots in that country targeting Hindus. Whenever there is a climate of fear TFR drops down drastically and hence even though Hindus of Bnagladesh are dirt poor, they refrain from having more kids. Same in Kashmir Valley which is predominantly Muslim but TFR is quite low. 

Edited by Gollum

@Singh bling You are underestimating the effect of genocide on population. Genocide may only wipe out 2% of the country's population but that group won't be able to procreate, so automatically the % of that group in the next generation will drop down...carryover effect. For example if my grandparents had 4 children and each of their children had 2 children of their own, think of how the population is multiplied. Now had they been killed before being able to have kids that group's population would suffer in the 25-35 year time span. Then add to it the psychological effect. If you have lost everything (relatives, property, job, money...) in a genocide and if you can't flee the country will you try to just survive or think about getting married and having many kids? I truly pity Bangladeshi Hindus (think of Kashmiri Pandits multiplied by 15000 in terms of casualty), maximum sufferers in South Asia. If after all this Indian Bongs want to live in la la land and lecture everyone else about all matters under the Sun instead of self introspection God save them !!! After Kashmir Bengal is our biggest worry, Assamese at least understood the gravity of the situation a long time back.

The truth is Bangladeshis are screwing both WB and Assam and by extension the NE and further all of India.

Climate change is going to hit Bangladesh hard; I remember one NASA study saying Chittagong will be underwater in 100 years and over 60% of Bangladesh is less than 5 m above sea level. The whole place will be under water soon enough. 

These people are going to pour into neighboring countries and turn them to ****. They are going to make the Rohingya menace look benign by comparison. The Indian government, SC, and buddhi-jeevi class is so crap and suicidal anyway that they will let them in also, totally screwing the country.  

14 hours ago, Pollack said:

Typical bong intellectual. :p:

Beggars can't be choosers. You can wait forever for right kind of right wing-ism. :rotfl:

Have to start somewhere... BJP in WB  has some presence unlike in TN 

3 hours ago, diga said:

Have to start somewhere... BJP in WB  has some presence unlike in TN 

TN isn't in critical state yet, in fact far from such a situation with their current demographics and geographical location. Moreover after LTTE's defeat and lack of left wing extremism it doesn't face any real threat, a largely peaceful state. 

Bengal is facing a huge crisis, compounded by climate change fears as @Tibarn rightly pointed out. Moreover it neighbors an Islamic country that can be a menace if the wrong party is in power. Once BNP+Jamaat comes back to power both Bengal and India will be under immense pressure because that alliance is basically Pakistan's B team. And with such a hostile neighbor you can't afford to have someone like Mamata ruling the state. 

BJP leader hacked to death in South 24 Parganas

4th BJP leader murdered in Bengal in the last 2 months. Yet democracy isn't in danger, awards won't be returned, 'Idea of India' is intact and Mamata is the best choice for PM post in 2019. Not one word from this woman about these deaths. Political violence is common in Kerala but at least Communists there have the decency to condemn killings even if they don't follow up via action. This lady is shameless.

Edited by Gollum

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

BJP leader hacked to death in South 24 Parganas

4th BJP leader murdered in Bengal in the last 2 months. Yet democracy isn't in danger, awards won't be returned, 'Idea of India' is intact and Mamata is the best choice for PM post in 2019. Not one word from this woman about these deaths. Political violence is common in Kerala but at least Communists there have the decency to condemn killings even if they don't follow up via action. This lady is shameless.

How is she seen by majority Bengalis? 

30 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

How is she seen by majority Bengalis? 

I left Bengal in 2011 and that time she was very popular because of her long struggle in politics (that part is truly praiseworthy IMO, she was a real streetfighter against some very violent Left Front goons.....had a much tougher political journey compared to Jaya, Maya, Sonia etc), people were sick and tired of CPI(M) and obviously Nandigram saga was fresh in their minds.

Now obviously that popularity has diminished but almost all Muslims (Urdu and Bengali speaking) are rallying behind her and Muslims are 30% of the electorate. Earlier there was a split in Muslim votes between Bengali Muslims and Bihari (Urdu speaking) Muslims, now that is a consolidated chunk totally behind Mamata and as a result even Left/Congress are in dire straits. My Bengali Hindu friends are still divided. Many have become hardcore anti TMC but a few are still steadfastly loyal to her. You know the thing about urban Bengalis and their mannerisms right? Pseudo intellectual bhadraloks who have a certain mindset that is hard to come to terms with. Even after all this Bengali intellectuals are standing by her to prevent so called fascist takeover by Hindutva extremists led by the wicked Gujju duo. The situation in rural areas is different with TMC holding sway.

But at least the good thing is that many Bengalis have become hardcore BJP fans and the party is now at number 2 position in the State, even though the gap between 1 and 2 is enormous. With the ever growing Muslim population and it being a 3/4 cornered fight, she will have a very long innings. Not to forget the blatant poll booth capturing and political violence. You followed the Panchayat polls recently right? 25+ deaths and 16000+ seats went uncontested.

Edited by Gollum

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I left Bengal in 2011 and that time she was very popular because of her long struggle in politics (that part is truly praiseworthy IMO, she was a real streetfighter against some very violent Left Front goons.....had a much tougher political journey compared to Jaya, Maya, Sonia etc), people were sick and tired of CPI(M) and obviously Nandigram saga was fresh in their minds.

Now obviously that popularity has diminished but almost all Muslims (Urdu and Bengali speaking) are rallying behind her and Muslims are 30% of the electorate. Earlier there was a split in Muslim votes between Bengali Muslims and Bihari (Urdu speaking) Muslims, now that is a consolidated chunk totally behind Mamata and as a result even Left/Congress are in dire straits. My Bengali Hindu friends are still divided. Many have become hardcore anti TMC but a few are still steadfastly loyal to her. You know the thing about urban Bengalis and their mannerisms right? Pseudo intellectual bhadraloks who have a certain mindset that is hard to come to terms with. Even after all this Bengali intellectuals are standing by her to prevent so called fascist takeover by Hindutva extremists led by the wicked Gujju duo. The situation in rural areas is different with TMC holding sway.

But at least the good thing is that many Bengalis have become hardcore BJP fans and the party is now at number 2 position in the State, even though the gap between 1 and 2 is enormous. With the ever growing Muslim population and it being a 3/4 cornered fight, she will have a very long innings. Not to forget the blatant poll booth capturing and political violence. You followed the Panchayat polls recently right? 25+ deaths and 16000+ seats went uncontested.

This sounds gloomy. Could never understood the mindset of educated Urban Bengalis tbh.Had the state been on a path to rapid economic progress under Mamta, I could have understand people's fascination with her even if we disregard the mindless killings and riots aspect.

What boggles my mind is that despite losing so much in last 70 years from their preeminent place among Indian states to their culture , values as well as a comparative robust industrial set up and educational infrastructure, the common Urban Bengalis aren't yet ready to admit that something has gone terribly amiss with their otherwise beautiful state after Independence.

The fall from the grace has been so quick that they didn't even realize the outside extremist forces which have been steadily consolidating their grip in their society have fully entrenched themselves so much so that now it seems too late to take any action.

But no let's go about chastising and admonishing the right wing forces since apparently that's a new cool and helps you earn brownie points over internet.

Had a debate with this young Bong of my age. American educated, extremely bright with real articulation of thoughts.

The guy for no reason brought in the cow urine argument and kept on asking me to have a sip since apparently we Rajasthanis are lacking in where it counts the most i.e brains. He refused to accept the problem of religious fundamentalism rampant in Bengali society and kept on calling me names such as BJP stooge and other ad hominem attacks.

Finally I was like Bhai tum logo ka allah hi malik hai.

12 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

The guy for no reason brought in the cow urine argument and kept on asking me to have a sip since apparently we Rajasthanis are lacking in where it counts the most i.e brains. He refused to accept the problem of religious fundamentalism rampant in Bengali society and kept on calling me names such as BJP stooge and other ad hominem attacks.

Wow, sounds like a proper dickhead to me, hope you gave him a piece of your mind, no mercy on such chewts. You'll get that with Bongs, either they will be the most sensible or most delusional but always argumentative. Same with Tamils, even in present day India the leading patriotic voices as well as anti India lobby are filled with Bongs and Tamils...I mean there is no middle ground with these people. Baaki sab jagahon mein there is a consistency in thoughts. My interactions/discussions with these 2 groups have either been awesome or very bitter. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Wow, sounds like a proper dickhead to me, hope you gave him a piece of your mind, no mercy on such chewts. You'll get that with Bongs, either they will be the most sensible or most delusional but always argumentative. Same with Tamils, even in present day India the leading patriotic voices as well as anti India lobby are filled with Bongs and Tamils...I mean there is no middle ground with these people. Baaki sab jagahon mein there is a consistency in thoughts. My interactions/discussions with these 2 groups have either been awesome or very bitter. 

Aise log 2 thappad k hote h(The eventual recourse I had to take with him since I knew where he lived in Delhi.).

Laton k bhoot baton se nahin mante.

18 minutes ago, asterix said:

It’s a shame and real tragedy that he is a BJP worker in frontline States like WB or Kerala...

He’s actually an idiot to think BJP will do something for him...

They are hoping that BJP comes to power, otherwise their lives were lost in vain. The centre can dismiss governments like WB, but when the next election comes, Mamata would come back anyway

Mamata Banerjee warns of ‘bloodbath, civil war’

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/mamata-banerjee-warns-of-bloodbath-civil-war-mayawati-says-assam-nrc-draft-anarth-5285547/

I know I am sounding repetitive but what do Bengalis see in Mamata :facepalm:? Don't they realize how screwed they are?
  •  

She represents the angry Bangali who is superior to the Northies & Gujjus and will do Street fight to uphold the Bangali Ashmita...

She’s the last Warrior fighting against the RSS, Yindoo, Northie-Gujju hegemony...

You see it’s the fight between Bangla & Non-Bangla (Trying to make it as a language war, otherwise Hindu Bengalis be damned once job done)...