Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

24 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Anyone remember 1996 Durban Test Match where we were bundled out for 100 and 66.

thing is you can only get hurt when you lose something you are good at. we were never great overseas. so, even 2011 and 2012, England and Aus losses dont hurt me much.  we may be #1 then but that is ranking, didnt mean we could win series overseas.  we have two test series win against decent teams overseas, 2007 England and 2009 NZ and those were out best ever teams. In 90s, team was in general not that good.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

thing is you can only get hurt when you lose something you are good at. we were never great overseas. so, even 2011 and 2012, England and Aus losses dont hurt me much.  we may be #1 then but that is ranking, didnt mean we could win series overseas.  we have two test series win against decent teams overseas, 2007 England and 2009 NZ and those were out best ever teams. In 90s, team was in general not that good.

Actually in 2011I was expecting us to lose maybe 1-2 or 2-0 even against the Aussies it was the same feeling like you said we have been poor overseas even now with the England series I’m keeping my expectations low as our team crumbles under pressure playing outside Asia.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:00 PM, MechEng said:

We were also all-out for 125 against Australia in the previous group game where we batted first, so that should be considered too

this was the reason, it was a proper beat down. Aus were the best team and Ind was clearly the second best in the tourny, and they made an example out of the second team.