Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

I started watching cricket circa 1998 and understood the LBW rules somewhat only post 1999 :p:, maybe a serious fan with some understanding only in this millennium. Here is my list:

1. Australia: 2008 SCG, greatest organized cheating in the history of any sport which denied us a historic series win downunder. Never have I outraged that much over the result of a sports match. Close contender 2004 SCG.....Parthiv Patel :whack2:. 2003 WC, 2015 WC, 2004 home series etc don't affect one bit me because we were brutally outplayed in those ones, have made peace with the results.  

2. England: 2011 0-4.....such a hyped series with us coming in as no 1 team but we were made to look like schoolboys on and off the field. Humiliation at the hands of fans from other countries, experts, opponent players (Bresnan :finger:) etc made me depressed. We were on such a high (SA 2010-11, CWC 2011) and the way we came tumbling down in Eng, hard to take. Close contender 2006 Wankhede Udal test. 2012 Eng home series was torture but can't deny we were comfortably outplayed by a superior outfit...as such I had very low expectations of Team India that time courtesy 0-8 and Dhoni's leadership, utna bura nahi laga kyon ki aadat pad gayi thi maar khane ki. 

3. RSA: 2018 test tour...was there for the taking if only we knew how to catch. Prior to this one it was 2011 Cape Town where Kallis and Dhoni denied us a series victory. Pappu royally *ed us up for the 2nd time after 2003-04 Aus.

4. Pakistan: Tied between 2005 Chinnaswamy and 2006 Karachi....too young during 1999 Chepauk to understand its magnitude. 2005 Pak team was a minnow level team (esp bowling wise) yet we were unrecognizable. Remember the 'Match Ka Mujrim' specials after each day's play where Bedi, Zaheer Abbas and Kiramni would feature. Bedi was very harsh on Dada who was in crisis mode, as a Dada fan I used to hate the Sardarji back then...later I started admiring him. Karachi was a choke job post 39/6...we took our feet off the pedal, also I was confident Tendu (Endulkar?) would call quits any time in the near future, gladly proven wrong post 2007 WC. 

5. NZ: 2000 Mini WC final.....cried a lot after that match. Tore away Sportstar posters of Sachin & Dada which I had plastered in my room. Can't believe we lost to NZ after trumping Aus/SA in QF/SF. Like that story of the soldier who made it through 2 vicious wars only to trip in his bathtub to death. 

6. Sri Lanka: 2014 WT20 F, no right to lose that match, Yuvi :whack: Cool :whack2:....during 1996 WC I was very young and family was in vacation in Gangtok with only my dad following the running commentary on transistor radio, warna that Eden SF would have topped, most shameful episode in our WC history. 

7. WI: 2006 CT group match in Motera. Cost us a SF spot because we were never really in a position to challenge that Aus ODI team anywhere on the planet. Still remember Agarkar's moronic short and wide bowling when we had a chance to sneak through. 

8. Zimbabwe: A test match in Harare in 2001 IIRC. An injured Andy Flower took them home after a **** show by our over rated batsmen in the 3rd innings. That travesty of a performance came 2 months after 2001 Aus series :facepalm:.Close 2nd will be the 1999 WC group game. 

9. Toygers: 2007 WC, enuff said :((

Edited by Gollum

Aus - 2003 WC Final

Eng: Home spinning test series loss - how cook ,kp, swann  owned India.

SA - None but the ceremonial thrashings while touring.

WI- None, too young and not following during the painful periods of trashings from them.

Pak - None, i think they beat us well when they did and India beat them in big games. 

SL - WC loss in Calcutta

NZ - that test series when India put up scores around 200 in all games and lost most of he games to NZ under Fleming.

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

.cried a lot after that match.

we know you do that a lot here too..grow a pair.

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

so basically 1996 wc semifinal by SL is the worst ever..lol Sanath Jayasurya mentally scarred a generation of Indians..hehe

Mad Max did the damage in the SF. Sanath destroyed us often including the group match in the same WC (Delhi) but in Eden we had them at 1/2 in the 1st over before a sick Aravinda played a gem of a counter attacking innings. 

P.S : Just checked that Sanath had bowling figures of 12/3 in 7 overs. You are right, he managed to find a way to screw us even here albeit with the ball :facepalm:

Edited by Gollum
8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Aus - 2003 WC Final

Eng: Home spinning test series loss - how cook ,kp, swann  owned India.

SA - None but the ceremonial thrashings while touring.

WI- None, too young and not following during the painful periods of trashings from them.

Pak - None, i think they beat us well when they did and India beat them in big games. 

SL - WC loss in Calcutta

NZ - that test series when India put up scores around 200 in all games and lost most of he games to NZ under Fleming.

we know you do that a lot here too..grow a pair.

Lol at last part

2014 t 20 loss

2017 ct final loss

Most of the knockout losses before were against Champ teams ,1996 loss hurts too but that team didnt pique any confidence among the fans either, it was purely all about Tendulkar,once he got out ,the team used to fall behind him,it wasnt an anomaly.The above two losses hurt most as a rampaging team was stopped by teams  we were fancying our chances than against the SENA countries

2014 Adelaide test vs Australia. 

2010 3rd test vs South Africa 

2017 CT final vs Pakistan 

2014 second test vs NZ where Bmac scored a triple. 

2011 0-4 vs England 

2014 WT20 final vs Sri Lanka. 

2016 WT20 semifinal vs West Indies 

2007 World Cup vs Bangladesh

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Chennai 1999.

Barbados 1997

ICC KO Final 2000.

Cape Town Test in 2007.

WC 2003 Final and CT 2017 were total thrashings so they don't hurt that much.

That was painful Franklin Rose Ambrose Bishop destroyes us and we were bundled out for 81 :((

Cairns hammered Kumble and we lost the match 

Our maharathis batted so slowly and made Paul Hariss lool like Lord Hariss.

Edited by gambhirfan

1996 WC Semi final vs SL

1999 WC Group Stage vs Zim if I am not wrong the match was fixed and Azhar was accused of it

2002 Test series against Windies after leading 1-0 we lost 0-2 Chanderpaul and Hooper were scoring centuries for fun against us

2003 WC Finals vs Aus

2007 WC vs Bd and Sl was very painful to watch

2010 vs Aus where Sachin score 175 odd 

2011 0-4 vs England  and the 2014 tour as well

2014 WC T20 Finals Yuvi screwed us

2013 vs NZ the first test we lost by 39 runs should have been won by us 

2014 Adelaide test vs Australia.

2017 CT final vs Pakistan that was RCB level of captaincy by Kohli

T20 games against Zimbabwe where Dhoni lost us the game and against Windies too captain cool proved to be captain fool lost by 1 run there.

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Mad Max did the damage in the SF. Sanath destroyed us often including the group match in the same WC (Delhi) but in Eden we had them at 1/2 in the 1st over before a sick Aravinda played a gem of a counter attacking innings. 

P.S : Just checked that Sanath had bowling figures of 12/3 in 7 overs. You are right, he managed to find a way to screw us even here albeit with the ball :facepalm:

The downfall started after Tendulkar's wicket and Azhar bowled first and instead of batting first which Ranatunga said as well.