Which was our most successful tour to SENA countries?

Which was most successful away tour for Indian cricket team in SENA countries?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which was most successful away tour for Indian cricket team in SENA countries?

• 1968 NZ tour
    • 1971 Eng tour
    • 1986 Eng tour
    • 2007 Eng tour
    • 2009 NZ tour
    • 2018 SA tour
    • 2011 SA tour

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It was our best tour to SA but our best tour to Sena countries was 2009 NZ tour at least in last 25 years. Won test and ODI both, lost T20 3-0 but test series win gets higher weight.

I think there were two T20 games but we had a great tour there and as you said we won after 25 years was great feeling.

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yeah. JAMODI. How many JAMODI series we won in SA before? It's so easy to say rubbish but difficult to understand how great is an achievement for our team was to win an ODI series in SA. Not just win but Dominate.

Some of them feel that the Proteas team were C grade with Faf Qdk Abd not playing the entire series so we had an easy pass that must be the reason they don’t rate the Odi series highly.

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yeah. JAMODI. How many JAMODI series we won in SA before? It's so easy to say rubbish but difficult to understand how great is an achievement for our team was to win an ODI series in SA. Not just win but Dominate.

Just because we didn't win on previous tours against stronger S.A. sides doesn't make winning a JAMODI series in 2018 a great achievement. Bilateral ODIs mean nothing in this era. It's ICC events or bust. 

I didn't even watch the India-SA ODI/T20 series earlier this year, besides Saffers were clearly trolling with their XI selection..I mean Kenya of 2001 would have smashed the **** team SA fielded :hysterical:. I thought posters were fooling around when they bigged up our win there...now I guess they were being serious :omg:.

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I didn't even watch the India-SA ODI/T20 series earlier this year, besides Saffers were clearly trolling with their XI selection..I mean Kenya of 2001 would have smashed the **** team SA fielded :hysterical:. I thought posters were fooling around when they bigged up our win there...now I guess they were being serious :omg:.

So, you discredit SA and Aus test series win in India because some of our players missing.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Neither bilateral tests mean anything then.

Not until you see the best players regularly opting out of bilateral Test series the way it happens in ODIs. The day I see Australia/South Africa playing the likes of Jhye Richardson/Junior Dala  in Tests even when someone like Starc/Rabada is fit I'd stop taking Tests seriously too.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

So, you discredit SA and Aus test series win in India because some of our players missing.

I am not talking about tests where players were legit injured. Here in ODIs CSA rested them to get ready for the all important test series against Aus. I always discredit ODI series results in recent times, lost all relevance. SA won both ODI and T20 legs here in 2015 but who won the tour? Similarly we lost so many overseas ODI assignments under Dhoni post 2011 WC but we won CT 2013 and lost just a single match in 2015 CWC, so you can say our ODI team did great in those 4 odd years.

Hey @rkt.india as an Indian fan rank the below 3 in order of heartburn it caused you.

Eng 2006, Eng 2012, SA 2015.

Eng 2006:

they drew test series 1-1

lost ODI series 5-1

Eng 2012:
they won test series 2-1
they lost ODI series 2-3

SA 2015:

they won ODI series 3-2

they won T20 series 2-0

they lost test series 0-3

Edited by Gollum
54 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am not talking about tests where players were legit injured. Here in ODIs CSA rested them to get ready for the all important test series against Aus. I always discredit ODI series results in recent times, lost all relevance. SA won both ODI and T20 legs here in 2015 but who won the tour? Similarly we lost so many overseas ODI assignments under Dhoni post 2011 WC but we won CT 2013 and lost just a single match in 2015 CWC, so you can say our ODI team did great in those 4 odd years.

Hi Junaids.

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

They were not rested. They were injured. Don't be ignorant to undermine the achievement of our team.  We did well in wC and CT because matched were not played against home team. We played home team in SF against Aus and lost. For me, overseas, bilateral ODIs are far more challenging against likes of SA, Aus, NZ than playing a WC or CT games against non-home teams. We lost 4-0 to NZ in NZ. We lost to SA in SA everytime. We won just one ODI series in Aus.

Let me see who did not play for SA in ODIs. First ODI, only ABDV was missing who was injured, we won.  Faf got injured in ist ODI hit by Bumrah that broke hi finger and missed second ODI. QDK was injured or probably dropped due to poor form in third ODI. Klassen made his debut.  ABDV recoverd and came back for 4th and 5th ODIs and remember Rambada, Morkel, Morris, Ngidi all played the ODI series. So, their first rate fast bowlers played. 

Didn't expect to make you to make such uninformed post and undermine how well our team played.

11 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Same tour, what difference does it make anyway? No one remembers ODI or T20 bilateral results 

So you don't remember CB series 2008 win? You don't remember Aussie banging us 4-1 last time in ODIs. You dont remember us losing 4-0 in NZ. You dont remember us winning in NZ ODIs in 2009. For me, every indian game is as important and every win overseas is memorable because they don't come on platter.

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hey @rkt.india as an Indian fan rank the below 3 in order of heartburn it caused you.

Eng 2006, Eng 2012, SA 2015.

Eng 2006:

they drew test series 1-1

lost ODI series 5-1

Eng 2012:
they won test series 2-1
they lost ODI series 2-3

SA 2015:

they won ODI series 3-2

they won T20 series 2-0

they lost test series 0-3

How does it relates to this context? We have never won a test series in SA, won ODI series in SA for the first time. So, that is why this was our best tour to SA ever because we won a series. If we won a test series in SA in future then that will become our best tour to SA. 

19 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Not until you see the best players regularly opting out of bilateral Test series the way it happens in ODIs. The day I see Australia/South Africa playing the likes of Jhye Richardson/Junior Dala  in Tests even when someone like Starc/Rabada is fit I'd stop taking Tests seriously too.

But Rabada did play ODI series against us and if both are fit, they both will play ODIs and tests. They only played Jhy and Dala because main bowlers were injured and you never know Jhy is one of the most promising fast bowler in Aus and might play tests soon too.  And Starc isn't even their test bowler. Hazlewood is. Starc is their best ODI bowler and he will always play ODIs when fit. 

Edited by rkt.india