Arjun Tendulkar trains with Team India, gets tips from Shastri

On 6/28/2018 at 6:20 PM, UrmiSinhaRay said:

@Vilander ,when I used to play for CAB, many of the boys who used to play for Bengal age groups were called in to bowl to cricketers in practice sessions before big tourneys like IPL and even World T20.
That said, Arjun bagging stints to bowl to Indian And other international cricket teams over more experienced players looks suspicious and definitely not normal.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Arjun alone isn't bowling to them. He only bowled because they practiced in Mumbai and he plays his cricket Mumbai. Dozens of other Mumbai bowled there too. Why do you think he is the only one bowled to them in the nets.

Arjun alone isn't bowling to them. He only bowled because they practiced in Mumbai and he plays his cricket Mumbai. Dozens of other Mumbai bowled there too. Why do you think he is the only one bowled to them in the nets.
I am talking about his England Stints.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is no common ground on this topic. Some of us believe Arjun has a leg up because of last name and others belive that is not the case. Each its own.

Only reason he is getting selected is because of his bambi mafia father. There is no denying that. He also gets to train with Indian team unlike no other kids. Rohan gavaskar in making

There is no common ground on this topic. Some of us believe Arjun has a leg up because of last name and others belive that is not the case. Each its own.
Arjun definitely has a leg up IMO.
I am glad he chose to work the hard way though

A boy of similar capabilities wouldn't either have the means to afford high level training that Arjun got nor even if he performed , he would have not got the necessary chances.
In India, you don't get chance regardless of your talent or abilities unless you don't have a powerful backer.

3 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I am talking about his England Stints.

He bowled in England because he is there in England every summer and that was just one occasion because England team practice in London.  Did he travel to Ireland to bowl to them? no. Did he travel to Manchester to bowl to them? No.  They live in London for summers because they can afford, Indian team went to practice there, he also did not miss the chance to bowl.  If a Mavi or Nagarkoti was there, they too could have done the same too. There no special arrangements for him. If there was any special attention, they would would taken him to Ireland and Manchester with them too.  I suppose Indian team practice in Dehradun and i am playing club cricket here, they would need net bowlers and i too could easily go there and bowl to them as net bowler. 

22 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Why? I am not claiming anything. You're assuming something and posting it as a fact, so you should share information with us that how are so sure about it?

2nd part is also an assumption being posted as fact. First you are assuming that he got benefit because of 2nd name and then saying that former claim is irrelevant.

How are you so sure that he got benefit of his 2nd name to state that possibility of others also getting same is irrelevant.

You are claiming there are others when there is no evidence of a 17 year old getting thw benefits of tend junior. Sorry.

19 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How do you know those deserving did not bowl in the nets? While all those were sent to SA to bowl in the nets. So theory is plain baseless.

Hey man i did not say those deserving did not bowl. I said that the fact that Arjun bowled in indian team and england team nets and got coached by Sashtri is because of Tendulkar. Thats nepotism. Suboptimal. No way around it sorry. 

19 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I had to bring others because you ignorant and pretending that has happened for the first team. Do you have any idea who bowls to Indian team in the nets. Such local domestic and club bowlers.

There there...dont get angry rkt..watch what you are saying...i am not being ignorant. Search about whataboutism and learn it, knowing a problem is the first step towards solving it, be brave. I dont worry much about who bowls in nets. It about why arjun gets to bowl in indian eng team nets and gets coached and trained by national team coach.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

There there...dont get angry rkt..watch what you are saying...i am not being ignorant. Search about whataboutism and learn it, knowing a problem is the first step towards solving it, be brave. I dont worry much about who bowls in nets. It about why arjun gets to bowl in indian eng team nets and gets coached and trained by national team coach.

During my first ever interview, interviewer remarked that never assume anything directly. If you can ask questions, gather more information and then understand and try to solve it.

Sure knowing a problem is big step towards solving it. But making random assumptions is first wrong step towards the same. That single advice helped me a lot in future. I guess you can also benefit from the same if you try.

i know what it is and I only brought it because you ignored the facts that Arjun is not only one who bowled in the nets of Indian team and others too have done that so there is no special treatment is being given to him. SO,i asked about what about others bowler in the nets, did they also do it because of nepotism or favoritism. You are continuously ignoring this fact through out this thread.  

Hey man i did not say those deserving did not bowl. I said that the fact that Arjun bowled in indian team and england team nets and got coached by Sashtri is because of Tendulkar. Thats nepotism. Suboptimal. No way around it sorry. 

arey bhai if those can bowl to Indian nets, so, can Arjun as he is also an Indian domestic cricketer like others.  He does not need any favors to bowl in India nets like any other domestic cricketer.  Same with bowling to England team. he plays in England in summers. Not because he is given favor, but because his father can afford to be in England. Why are you ignoring these facts?

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

T. I dont worry much about who bowls in nets. It about why arjun gets to bowl in indian eng team nets and gets coached and trained by national team coach.

he bowled in Indian team nets because he is a n Indian domestic cricketer and any domestic cricketer can bowl in Indian nets and they call for local net bowlers wherever they practice.  They practiced in Mumbai, so they called for local net bowlers and Arjun was just one of those net bowlers.  Regarding bowling in England, Arjun was already there in London before Indian team reached there as he plays there in summers. Team India practiced in London and he too reached there to bowl as a net bowler.  He was not the only net bowler who bowled to them.  And now I have explained this to you for umpteenth time.  

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

You are claiming there are others when there is no evidence of a 17 year old getting thw benefits of tend junior. Sorry.

i already posted 19-year-old Royston Dias bowling in Indian team nets. He bowled to Sachin Tendulkar in the nets. What more evidence do you want?

here is one more example. Hope, now your arguments bite the dust.

Interview: Turning heads at 16, young Shubhang Hegde emerges as gem for the future

A day before the start of the India-Australia Test in Bangalore in March this year, the Indian team, slotted for practice in the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium nets next to the NCA, entered the premises exactly at 9:15 am, right on schedule according to their itinerary.

Before the stream of blue made its way to the NCA practice grounds, a group of young individuals, dressed in spotless white, had already arrived with their kits for company, waiting for their idols to display their game in front of them.

These ‘net bowlers’ dispersed to separate nets once the Indian team had divided themselves into a batting and bowling group. In the farthest nets, two sets of meshes away from where Virat Kohli was taking throwdowns from Sanjay Bangar, the trio of Ravichandran Ashwin, Jayant Yadav and Kuldeep Yadav were bowling, with head coach Anil Kumble occasionally rolling his arm over too.

Bowling with them was a lanky 15-year-old, throwing some accurate left-arm spin and making players years older than him play and miss. Although young, he proved to be a competent makeshift replacement for the absent Ravindra Jadeja. 

Shubhang Hegde will remember that day forever. The all-rounder from Bangalore has set the domestic scene on fire, having scored more than 1000 runs and taken over 90 wickets at different levels. He has been touted as the next big thing in Karnataka cricket.

“The India camp was a great experience. I was there only for a day, and did not interact much. Yet, bowling to them was tremendous, and there is a lot to learn from those people. Even though I did not interact much, just bowling to Kohli was great. One thing I observed was that you need to have more consistency as you bowl at the higher levels otherwise it’ll be very tough.”

Six months later, Hegde was playing for the Belagavi Panthers, who eventually went on to win KPL 2017. Speaking to Sportskeeda on the sidelines of the event, the shy but level-headed Hegde poured his heart out about the game and his future.

Cricket was passed onto his genes from his father, who used to play the game too. As was the case with so many youngsters from his generation, Hegde’s idols were Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

“My father used to play cricket, so I used to go to watch most of his games. Watching him, I developed an interest in the game. From my childhood, I have been playing the game. It just came naturally to me.”

As he grew older, and his interest leaned towards bowling, he found an idol in Daniel Vettori, who completely matches his playing style.

“I like bowling more than batting. In state games, I usually play like a bowling all-rounder who can bat.”

Interestingly, Vettori was at the helm of affairs when Hegde got to bowl in the Royal Challengers Bangalore camp this year. He admits that it was different from the India camp.

“It was a challenge bowling to the RCB batsmen in Chinnaswamy, they were going after us [spinners] as usual. The coaches didn’t say much, but I picked up a few points from there.”

Six months later, he was playing in the Karnataka Premier League with the Belagavi Panthers, on the back of stellar performances in the domestic circuit where he scored over 1000 runs and picked 90 wickets across different levels.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/interview-turning-heads-16-young-shubhang-hegde-gem-for-future-kpl-2017

similarly, where ever Indian team practices, dozes of local bowlers come in and bowl to them and get benefited.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i already posted 19-year-old Royston Dias bowling in Indian team nets. He bowled to Sachin Tendulkar in the nets. What more evidence do you want?

here is one more example. Hope, now your arguments bite dust.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/interview-turning-heads-16-young-shubhang-hegde-gem-for-future-kpl-2017

similarly, where ever Indian team practices, dozes of local bowlers come in and bowl to them and get benefited.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/618800.html

The anonymous world of net bowlers

They come half an hour before the team arrives, as they can't be late. They warm up on their own, for the team can't be fiddled with; they bowl their hearts out while the rest go through the motions because there's a match round the corner.

A rather nonchalant "well bowled" means the world to them and that's what keeps them going till they drop. They hope to catch the coach's eye if he finds the time after he's done with the main guys. Then they will be mere spectators while the team goes through its fielding drills or stretching sessions; they must do it themselves, for they are the supporting actors and not the main lead. These are the guys who make practice sessions possible, for no team carries more than a few bowlers in the squad and it's almost certain that the main guys won't bowl for long, let alone at full throttle between matches. Welcome to the unknown world of the anonymous "net bowlers".

Every team, national or international, relies heavily on these supporting actors to make their sessions possible. But, unfortunately, very few teams understand their importance, let alone make them a part of their set-up. Often they are treated like second-grade citizens with no right to demand any luxuries. And that's where, I think, teams need to develop compassion. In small places it doesn't cost them much to commute from their home to the stadium but in places like Delhi and Mumbai, every practice session means a few hundred rupees. But I don't know of any association that pays these guys to turn up day after day. The obvious question might be: why do they still come? It's not surprising because it is perhaps their only chance to come close to the big guys. Bowling to the known players in the nets is their only possible break to impress them and perhaps get noticed in the future. It's a gamble they are willing to take and what makes it worse is that there are always people who sell them the idea that they're in the mix.

But but I want to assume something and call it a fact. 

On 7/1/2018 at 7:28 AM, Vilander said:

Sorry again bowling nets for India and coached by India coach and bowling in beta for England is because of Tendulkar. Does not matter how many times you say otherwise that's the fact.

It's actually an insult and demeaning towards the efforts of net bowlers to say that they get can chances because of nepotism only. 

Not surprised that BCCI hasn't started rewarding them when fans have such thoughts about them.

Imagine meeting a net bowler who worked hard just to play with stars, and saying him that he must have got chances only through connection because it's a fact in some parallel universe that no names don't get these benefits. How insulting can that be?

Luckily our players don't have such low view of their efforts.

Former India captain Rahul Dravid recalled the significant contribution of the “net bowlers” to his career at an event that brought together IPL team Rajasthan Royals and its five-year partner Mitashi Edutainment.

With Dravid’s presence, there was a bit of a “Talking Cricket” show and it was in response to what inspired him the most wherever he went, that the former India captain picked out the net bowlers for much praise.

Without mulling over too long, he said: “I think the biggest thing that inspired me, every time I would to go many places and so many centres as a cricketer, was the net bowlers. When we went to the nets with the Indian team you always found net bowlers and people who came to the nets to help and assist us. You could see the passion in these young guys; they were so desperate to play well, to do well, but unluckily sometimes they did not have the talent or the gift or the luck that some of us have. A lot of these boys had so much passion and they were so desperate to do well and worked so hard. And for me these unknown people were a great inspiration. I believed that if they had so much passion then I must make best use of my talent because for some reason, I was given something that I must make the best use of.”

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/of-net-bowlers-and-failure-dravid/article6434752.ece

Seeking net bowlers ahead of the T20Is

Calling all Div 1 & 2 bowlers, professionals included. Cricket Ireland would like to offer you the opportunity to bowl at India ahead of the T20I matches.

There are two sessions:
- Tuesday 26 June, 3-6pm 
- Thursday 28 June, 3-6pm

If you are interested please complete this form.

Please note that these opportunities are unpaid.

So, all you had to do was to be a div 1 or div 2 bowler and Ireland would allow you to bowl to Indian team.

Seeking net bowlers ahead of the Test Match

Calling all Division 1 & 2 bowlers (professionals included!).

We have net bowling opportunities ahead of the Ireland v Pakistan Test match. There’s a fee payable for sessions.

Deadline is midday, Monday 30 April.

If interested, please fill in the form here to apply

ICC Trophy net bowlers needed at Edgbaston

Warwickshire are recruiting a strong squad of local club cricketers to bowl in the nets at some of the world’s finest international cricketers

During May and June the Edgbaston stadium is playing host to the ICC Champions Trophy tournament which will see three warm up matches, four group stage games and one of the semi – finals played over a four-week period. In addition to these key match dates all of the visiting international sides will be staging regular net sessions seven days a week – two sessions a day. As the venue for the tournament, Edgbaston needs to find a squad of net bowlers for each occasion so there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved if you meet the required standard. The sessions will run from May 15th to the semi-final on 15 June.

Warwickshire CCC has a requirement with the ICC to provide as high quality group of bowlers as possible, covering both seam and spin. Over recent years the club has been highly commended for the quality of its net bowling team and they are looking to keep up this high standard. Realistically all applicants should be regular 1st team players for their club side as a minimum.

Once the bowling squad has been selected it will be essential to undergo an accreditation process so that each player can be permitted access to the ground and net areas. This will require all applicants to provide a passport photograph, full name, address, date of birth and mobile number. So it is important to make sure that all of this information is readily available when called upon.

All net bowlers will be paid a full day rate of £65 and a half day rate of £40 regardless of whether you get called upon to bowl during designated sessions or not. Payments will be made directly into personal bank accounts at the conclusion of the tournament.

Anyone who feels that they have something to offer to this bowling squad and want to be involved in a global sporting event then please apply to:

Keith Cook
Cricket Operations Manager
Warwickshire CCC
Edgbaston Stadium
Birmingham
B5 7QU

or email: keithcook@edgbaston.com

Please supply details of your cricketing background plus relevant information on where you are playing your cricket at the moment so that all applications can be vetted.

All successful candidates will be contacted for further information by email.

An unknown bowler getting tips from Ashwin

@Vilander, can you tell whose son is this guy and how did he manage to get tips from Ashwin.

An English cricketer "coaching" net bowlers at Rajkot. 

image.png

26 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/618800.html

But but I want to assume something and call it a fact. 

It's actually an insult and demeaning towards the efforts of net bowlers to say that they get can chances because of nepotism only. 

Not surprised that BCCI hasn't started rewarding them when fans have such thoughts about them.

Imagine meeting a net bowler who worked hard just to play with stars, and saying him that he must have got chances only through connection because it's a fact in some parallel universe that no names don't get these benefits. How insulting can that be?

Luckily our players don't have such low view of their efforts.

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/of-net-bowlers-and-failure-dravid/article6434752.ece

Seeking net bowlers ahead of the T20Is

So, all you had to do was to be a div 1 or div 2 bowler and Ireland would allow you to bowl to Indian team.

Seeking net bowlers ahead of the Test Match

ICC Trophy net bowlers needed at Edgbaston

Well put. Rally impressive. On topic it's really difficult to convince  someone who debates on the basis of hatred. No matter how many facts or evidence you present their conscious baisedness always prohibit them to see it objectively. Like Opposition party who will always oppose everything/anything related to incumbent government. I am surprise this thread has gone more than 5 pages especially when the subject is not even Sachin rather a 17 year old kid of him who is trying hard and playing domestic to get in to Indian team like any other Indian kids.