Bangar's defence in regds to dhoni's batting last game in PC

22 minutes ago, nikred said:

In last 10 years of my stay on ICF, I might have never posted on cricket section as much as I posted last couple of days.

I felt betrayed as a fan. I am venting my frustration here but am still not able to overcome it. This is not about a one off innings. It's about the attitude of the whole Indian cricket fraternity which is nauseating. I am losing hope. This is worse than fixing. emoji53.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

True.  it will take some time for people to get over that match and will be remembered as one of the worst match in the history of Indian cricket.  One of the most bizarre inning i ever saw, best matched by Mongia-Prabhakar game.

The entire PC from Bangar is cringeworthy and intent on maintaining the existing status quo.

Everything from the team selection to batting order is tailored to accommodate the needs of either Kohli or Dhoni and not the team

I fear the only way for Pant or Karthik to break into the ODI XI would be to force it through performance in Tests like Rahul did in T20Is.

Edited by GautiMaan
16 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

The support he gets inspite of being a flop in recent past is astonishing. What is the use of partnership which is built at SR of 60 odd. That's not going to win when RRR was 8+ rpo . Even Dravid had this attitude, play slowly and put pressure on others in ODI to score runs and it cost others wickets. No wonder Dravid flopped in ODI's and in his case too it was his multi skill of keeping that saved his place with help from Ganguly. Same with likes of Saba Karim and Nayan Mongia .Dhoni is no different, he too sucks all the momentum like other keepers we had before.

Nope, Dravid was sub par in his 1st 2 years but then from 1999 to 2007 he was one of our best ODI batsmen with a stellar WC/CT record, was also top scorer in WC 1999 at high SR. Can't call one of our finest ODI bats a flop. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Nope, Dravid was sub par in his 1st 2 years but then from 1999 to 2007 he was one of our best ODI batsmen with a stellar WC/CT record, was also top scorer in WC 1999 at high SR. Can't call one of our finest ODI bats a flop. 

Also he has played few impact innings in limited t20 international which he played than this old prick played in his entire career.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

dravid had the wherewithal to accept his shortcomings and work on overcoming them.. wc1999 onwards, he was a different player altogether..

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

His career SR is bad (SR 71.24) even considering he played in era where rules were different. He used to increase SR pressure on other batters and never took risks on his own. The tough work had to be done by his partners, which certainly was something a resultant of his tuk tuk. 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

His career SR is bad (SR 71.24) even considering he played in era where rules were different. He used to increase SR pressure on other batters and never took risks on his own. The tough work had to be done by his partners, which certainly was something a resultant of his tuk tuk. 

This has been discussed in detail in the below thread in case you are interested.

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This has been discussed in detail in the below thread in case you are interested.

Dravid as a character was great sportsman and gritty. Down to earth as well. I am critical of his SR only, that too in ODI format. I still feel he survived because of his wicket keeping ability which kind of allowed Ganguly to balance the ODI team or probably find a way to include Dravid in ODI playing 11. Apart from that he's been a great test match batsman, a great sportsman and representative for India.

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Dravid as a character was great sportsman and gritty. Down to earth as well. I am critical of his SR only, that too in ODI format. I still feel he survived because of his wicket keeping ability which kind of allowed Ganguly to balance the ODI team or probably find a way to include Dravid in ODI playing 11. Apart from that he's been a great test match batsman, a great sportsman and representative for India.

You will be surprised to know about the SR of a few of his contemporaries who were rated as ODI greats. SR was an issue only till 1999 for him.