County stint and simplifying my action helped me, says R Ashwin

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

After seeing the dismissals of Cook in both innings, only a cricket noob will say it was not helping spinners.  Such dismissals are only possible on spinning tracks.  

That ball looked like slow medium outswinger, it did not look like an off spinner.

Ashwin has bowled slow swinging deliveries occasionally in T20s before like Collin Miller.

28 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

There is a diff between turn and a spinning wicket. Just because some balls turned does not make it a spinning wicket. The wicket was also a result of a setup to draw cook forward first. 

English commies themselves say there isn't much turn here but no....we Asians have other thoughts. The moment a single ball turns, we have to declare it as a turner.

Of course, there is some turn....slow turn (not always tho)....which may get pronounced on Day 3 or 4 or 5, but there wasn't much on Day 1 and 2. Turn from rough doesn't matter.

Initial cook dismissal was due to moisture content and a new ball. Later in the day, the turn got much lesser.

Lyon turned it nicely during Ashes. I suppose Aussie pitches are turners too. lol.

Edited by sensible-indian
15 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

English commies themselves say there isn't much turn here but no....we Asians have other thoughts. The moment a single ball turns, we have to declare it as a turner.

Of course, there is some turn....slow turn (not always tho)....which may get pronounced on Day 3 or 4 or 5, but there wasn't much on Day 1 and 2. Turn from rough doesn't matter.

Initial cook dismissal was due to moisture content and a new ball. Later in the day, the turn got much lesser.

Lyon turned it nicely during Ashes. I suppose Aussie pitches are turners too. lol.

Ball turning from the rough and ball turning from the middle of the pitch are two different things.  In Australia, ball can turn from rough which Ashwin struggles with as he cant pitch the ball in rough with any consistency. 

What commentators say cannot be taken as gospel.  They were also saying England will need 500 against this Indian batting line up.  I have watched every tour of England since 2007 and never seen spinners turning the ball in the second over with the new ball.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ball turning from the rough and ball turning from the middle of the pitch are two different things.  In Australia, ball can turn from rough which Ashwin struggles with as he cant pitch the ball in rough with any consistency. 

What commentators say cannot be taken as gospel.  They were also saying England will need 500 against this Indian batting line up.  I have watched every tour of England since 2007 and never seen spinners turning the ball in the second over with the new ball.

1. Lyon was turning it for lefties too. Troubling Englishmen plenty. I never talked about him turning from rough only.

2. Yes, agreed commies cannot be taken as gospel but here majority including opposition commies saying it. Plus we can see what's happening in the pitch.

3. How many spinners bowled with a new ball in England and didn't get turn? Of course, heat wave is helping a bit, but you are making it seem like this is a turner which it ain't. Maybe it will be today but it sure wasn't last 2 days.

4. Also if this is a turner, why isn't Ashwin's sidespin deliveries are getting zero to no turn while only his overspin deliveries turn? Also why isn't Rashid (who along with Kuldeep is the world's best in extracting turn out of a pitch) couldn't turn most deliveries?

3 hours ago, motomaverick said:

Why is Ashwin giving a detailed explanation of how he bowls each variation? This will only help the opposition in figuring him out. :facepalm:

Most team (esp gora ones) have dedicated personnel and academicians/research groups whose only job is to get video footage of opponent players and analyze every minute detail, it is called scouting. Even Ashwin's county games would have had ECB scouts and his county mates would have been interrogated.....this is international cricket, there is no secret.