Gambhir on how hard working was Gary kirsten as coach

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Won won in NZ n drew in SA. 

We didnt go to any other place under him if m not wrong ,

What was the point of bringing his batting in all this 

Hold on to ur thoughts regd kohli being the best captain.........lets take time before having his opinion . 

He might become the greatest in world or not even in India ( numbers shudnt be the only judge)

Coach's 1st job is to prepare team and give it to the captain 

But yea throwing balls doesnt make anyone a better coach but doesnt even take the hard work he put in, also record under him speaks for him or atleast the dressing room enviorment does 

They never had any difficult tours under him, I did not see any extrordinary style of play develop either.Nor did the team devlop any sort of identity.All he did was manage the egos well.

Kohli is the best captain India ever had, I don't have to look at stats for it.I don't rate ganguly as a great captain at all.He was okay nothing special with the talent he had to work with he should have acheived lot more.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Winning against that weak NZ team where they had to battle so hard to draw one test is not at all a big deal. They were bowl out in SA in one test and were fighting to save the last one if not for pitch they would lost that one.Lost odi series in SA.I wouldn't term that as great overseas acheivement.

other team is almost always weaker when any team wins overseas.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

other team is almost always weaker when any team wins overseas.

No it is not neccassary , Aussies in 2001 lost to India but they were stronger than Indian team except for two players.They proved it in 2003.

That NZ team had no bowling and yet our greatest team were sweating to win one match.Any good team would have whitewashed them.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No it is not neccassary , Aussies in 2001 lost to India but they were stronger than Indian team except for two players.They proved it in 2003.

That NZ team had no bowling and yet our greatest team were sweating to win one match.Any good team would have whitewashed them.

they were playing in India.  i am talking about winning overseas.

Winning against that weak NZ team where they had to battle so hard to draw one test is not at all a big deal. They were bowl out in SA in one test and were fighting to save the last one if not for pitch they would lost that one.Lost odi series in SA.I wouldn't term that as great overseas acheivement.

Yeah right. As if we won/drew Test series in NZ/SA left right and center before or after Kirsten. Stick to Kohli Chalisa.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Winning against that weak NZ team where they had to battle so hard to draw one test is not at all a big deal. They were blown out in SA in one test and were fighting to save the last one if not for pitch they would have lost that one.Lost odi series in SA.I wouldn't term that as great overseas acheivement.

N u blow hard the trumpet when virat team beat Sa in Sa in ODI n tht wasnt a poor team acc to u .

We played that SA series really n coach did his part by prep them really well, rest is not in his control 

They never had any difficult tours under him, I did not see any extrordinary style of play develop either.Nor did the team devlop any sort of identity.All he did was manage the egos well.

Why do u need to develop extraordinary style

Its all about keep it simple n following the basic

John bucchan tried to think out of box n was criticized heavily. 

Coach job is simple - prepare the team and give it to captain n manage ur players well and he did both job really well .....he cnt go n bat or bowl for any of them 

Kohli is the best captain India ever had, I don't have to look at stats for it.I don't rate ganguly as a great captain at all.He was okay nothing special with the talent he had to work with he should have acheived lot more.

Neither has kohli won any world tournament nor an overseries so no he isnt the best captain till now, neither has played developed a lot under him. To be honest The talent we have n they way team is using is a huge negative for kohli 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yeah right. As if we won/drew Test series in NZ/SA left right and center before or after Kirsten. Stick to Kohli Chalisa.

I will stick to what I want , I don't need advise from you. They never an odi series in SA before this year either, they smashed them and they won 1 test and were competitive in all three tests which was never done before either.

49 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I will stick to what I want , I don't need advise from you. They never an odi series in SA before this year either, they smashed them and they won 1 test and were competitive in all three tests which was never done before either.

Under Kirsten, we drew the Test Series against one of the strongest SA sides of all time. This year we failed to take the series to a decider (first time since 1997) against arguably the weakest SA side we have faced since their re-admission. That is all that matters. Couldn't care less about JAMODIs in 2018.

I have no doubts about Gary Kirsten's work ethic or professionalism. However, he lacked vision. In fact he may be the guy who started the whole "coaches not stepping on the toes of the players" trend that is continuing even today.

Trust me we could have won the 2011 WC at home 10/10 times with that team and conditions with any of the ICFR's as coach.

In fact Duncan Fletcher was very vocal and hands on when he was  England's coach but he just became a mere background spectator who just cashed in his checks when he became part of Indian set up. I believe Kirsten had adviced him before Duncan took up the job.

The other extreme were guys like Kumble and Chappell who either were not great man managers or the snowflakes in the team found them too "strict" . Chappell I can understand as he is supposed to be a dick. They couldn't handle Kumble either.