Performances of Batsmen

On 9/11/2022 at 6:32 AM, Vijy said:

Is it really a "big" surprise, bro, given this bunch of noob selectors?

On a diff note, I rate Dhull higher than Jasiwal. I've been seeing cricket for a long time, and there are talents who burn out/crash too early (e.g., kambli). but what I can and will say is that dhull impresses me to a degree that few 19 yr olds did... more so than kohli, shaw, jasiwal when they were 19 and perhaps even a shade ahead of gill. The reason I rate him so highly is because of the unusual combination of multiple desirable factors: (a) reasonably solid technique, (b) attacking intent without taking risks (can easily score at 70+ SR in FCs), (c) intent and ability to score big (every time he passed 50, he also passed 100; of his 4 100s, nearly 2 were doubles).

A team like the one below may do well in the future provided that these players maintain their hunger+fitness and (equally importantly) get a steady run:

1. Jaiswal

2. Dhull

3. Glass-man (Sundar)

4. Gill

5. sarfaraz

6. Bunt (Pant)

[nos. 2 & 3 can be swapped if needed; ditto for 3 &4]. this lineup has a good mixture of LHBs and RHBs. moreover, 2 in the top 6 bowl - jasiwal and glass-man.

another person who impressed me has been shahbaz, although I was skeptical about him for FC. he has enough batting & bowling chops to play at 7 (mulani might be another option). if nishant sindhu develops well, he could move into the top 5, 6, or 7 - an organized batter who bowls tidily.

thoughts, @express bowling?

what happened to R Bawa and Dinesh Bana..in that U19 WCUP..R Bawa.bowling seemed to be getting bite with the awkward angle he bowls..Bana..seems naturally agressive

On 9/11/2022 at 6:32 AM, Vijy said:

On a diff note, I rate Dhull higher than Jasiwal. I've been seeing cricket for a long time, and there are talents who burn out/crash too early (e.g., kambli). but what I can and will say is that dhull impresses me to a degree that few 19 yr olds did... more so than kohli, shaw, jasiwal when they were 19 and perhaps even a shade ahead of gill. The reason I rate him so highly is because of the unusual combination of multiple desirable factors: (a) reasonably solid technique, (b) attacking intent without taking risks (can easily score at 70+ SR in FCs), (c) intent and ability to score big (every time he passed 50, he also passed 100; of his 4 100s, nearly 2 were doubles).

A team like the one below may do well in the future provided that these players maintain their hunger+fitness and (equally importantly) get a steady run:

1. Jaiswal

2. Dhull

3. Glass-man (Sundar)

4. Gill

5. sarfaraz

6. Bunt (Pant)

[nos. 2 & 3 can be swapped if needed; ditto for 3 &4]. this lineup has a good mixture of LHBs and RHBs. moreover, 2 in the top 6 bowl - jasiwal and glass-man.

another person who impressed me has been shahbaz, although I was skeptical about him for FC. he has enough batting & bowling chops to play at 7 (mulani might be another option). if nishant sindhu develops well, he could move into the top 5, 6, or 7 - an organized batter who bowls tidily.

hey Mate, I ahvent followed Sarafaraz batting recently..but what I saw in U19 wcup and IPLs..he seemed to be composed batsman who understands his game..

He scores run a plenty in domestic..but why he isnt been taken so seriously for internationals..what are your thought on his batting..do you think he is more suited for Indian subcontinent medium pace bowling and and may struggle against high quality pace\short pitch bowling with poor fitness too..

I somewhat recall may be his bad behavior caused him to upset some higher ups too..so is not in contention that much after scoring like Bradman?

On 9/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, Vijy said:

1. Jaiswal

2. Dhull

3. Glass-man (Sundar)

4. Gill

5. sarfaraz

6. Bunt (Pant)

Agree with almost everything.

Test Team for the future ....

1. Dhull

2. Jaiswal

3. Shaw

4. Gill

5. Washington / Tilak

6. Pant

7. Axar

8. Hangargekar / Spinner in Asia

9. Tyagi

10. Bumrah

11. Umran / Prasidh

Edited by express bowling
28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1. Dhull

2. Jaiswal

3. Shaw

4. Gill

5. Washington / Tilak

6. Pant

7. Axar

9. Tyagi

10. Bumrah

11. Umran / Prasidh

Are u sure about Shaw's technique for no. 3 in Sena? 

On 9/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, Vijy said:

1. Jaiswal

2. Dhull

3. Glass-man (Sundar)

4. Gill

5. sarfaraz

6. Bunt (Pant)

He reminds me of George Bailey,very aggressive ,also had the ability to arrest a collapse

28 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We have to the performance of this batsmsan :)

Even if you tell "Hey chahal i am going to lob a leg side full toss" he ain't going to hit a six.  Boult is not exactly a great batsman. But when he connects it can travel a long way. Where as even the best possible connection of Chahal won't go beyond 30 yard circle.

Even if he doesnt have the power..he can atleast work on paddle,ramp,sweeps kind of shots..and use bowlers pace..even women cricketers hit ball well..who may be on par in strength with him lol

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Dhull

2. Jaiswal

3. Shaw

4. Gill

5. Washington / Tilak

6. Pant

7. Axar

9. Tyagi

10. Bumrah

11. Umran / Prasidh

Thanks for that, always enjoy your posting.

Could you give me some insight to what players in the past do Dhull, Jaiswal, Hangargekar play like?

12 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thanks for that, always enjoy your posting.

Could you give me some insight to what players in the past do Dhull, Jaiswal, Hangargekar play like?

Thanks !

Difficult to compare with others.

Dhull is a solid looking right handed opening  batsman with good enough technique. Plus he is a natural stroke-maker who bats swiftly. Really excited about his potential as he has that run machine type quality plus combines solidity with strokes.

Jaiswal is a left handed opening batsman. Again a proper batsman who can score big runs in FC. His stroke making ability is a bit on and off but he is improving. Needs a bit more work on the off stump delivery. 

Hangargekar is a tallish hit the deck bounce bowler who will most probably be quick by the time he is 22+. Very aggressive mindset. Plus he is a big hitter with the bat and can be a proper bowling allrounder at 8

Edited by express bowling
15 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

Even if he doesnt have the power..he can atleast work on paddle,ramp,sweeps kind of shots..and use bowlers pace..even women cricketers hit ball well..who may be on par in strength with him lol

Bats are too heavy for him, he might hit some part of his body while trying to do that. Maybe if ICC can allow plastic bats then he can think about it.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Best effing innings by Kohli in his entire white ball career.

Big match ... team in trouble ... tough pitch ... good bowling.

And he delivers with SR going over 16

This innings is worth more than 10 his ODI centuries in low key bilaterals. 

:hatsoff:

King :bow: 

After struggling for such a long period and to come up with this kind of a knock under pressure :hatsoff:

We all are giving leeway to SKY, but it seems he's also failing against Pakistan frequently.
Rahul has proven their ability to fluff matches under pressure while Rohit apart from century in 2019 WC and that quick fire inns against Pak in 2007 T20 WC hasn't don't much against them.

Technical ability is important, but in cricketing mental strength is as important, which Rahul hasn't shown yet...DK has again shown how fidgety he can be under pressure and the reason why he kept on loosing the keeping race first to MSD and then to Saha and pant.

We need to add a left hander in top 3....Yashasvi, Ishan, Devdutt or anyone else who team finds suitable (no Dhawan please). Someone has to make a way specially to counter the left arm kryptonite.