4th test: Batting 1st advantage

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

So what, he is young and he is not supposed to be the focal point of attack. You don't go from being the second spinner to out of squad .

Wasn't his fault he was picked despite not being fully ready for tests.

I think everyone was caught up in the post T20 hoopla. Kuldeep was bought into attack on a pitch where he should have been doing the holding role.

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

He was one of the reasons we lost that Test match. He is clearly not ready to be playing in overseas tests. I don't think we need a spinner the way our fast bowlers are bowling. He's better off playing A games for his own growth. 

I don't think he was the reason why they lost that match at all. When you batsmen score 100 odd runs in each innings , there is no bowling team in history of cricket which could have won them that match.He is simply being made scapegoat for the debacle. Ashwin leaked at 4 rpo too.

Edited by putrevus
11 minutes ago, shortbread said:

Wasn't his fault he was picked despite not being fully ready for tests.

I think everyone was caught up in the post T20 hoopla. Kuldeep was bought into attack on a pitch where he should have been doing the holding role.

Wrist spinners are not in the team to do holding jobs, they are there to take wickets.Wrist spinners need captain and team management's backing.Warne took 1/150 in his first test and was very ordinary in terms of getting wickets or stopping runs in his first few tests but team management persisted with him.

Wrist spinners need captains who have an understanding that they will leak runs sometimes but they will win you matches.

Edited by putrevus
56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think he was the reason why they lost that match at all. When you batsmen score 100 odd runs in each innings , there is no bowling team in history of cricket which could have won them that match.He is simply being made scapegoat for the debacle. Ashwin leaked at 4 rpo too.

It was not a 350 pitch either. But dishing out full tosses in test cricket, struggling for line and length clearly shows he is not ready at this stage of cricket. It's one thing to perform on Indian rank turners, and also wrist spinners mature late in their career, so clearly he needs a bit of practice with A tours. 

Kohli and Shastri would like the other batsmen to take forward the good work they did in the third Test and make it big at the Ageas Bowl which has been among the higher-scoring venues in English first-class cricket this season. The average runs-per-wicket figure at the Ageas Bowl this season is 34.10, the highest among all Test venues in England. The seamers have done the bulk of the bowling, taking 122 wickets at an average of 30.97 in half-a-dozen matches, while the spinners have taken 23 wickets at 33.86.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24493368/will-virat-kohli-name-unchanged-india-xi-southampton

Time for Rahul & Dhawan to score big. My gut feeling tells me Kohli is due to win the toss!