Asian Games 2018

Gollum

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

True enough, but its undeniable that things are looking a lot better in the last 10 years or so.  And the trendline is in the right direction.  I like how the focus on Shooting is paying dividends.  Wonder why we can't get competitive in Archery...

We tend to choke , though we do very well in world championships  . 2 silvers in Asia is still good , just that few of our archers like Dipika kumari have been a big let down in terms of medals . 

johnson qualifies easily for the 1500m. faster heat than the other one

manjit's strategy of accelerating towards the end could be a dangerous strategy if it's a fast heat and you can get boxed in.

both in the 1500m

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

True enough, but its undeniable that things are looking a lot better in the last 10 years or so.  And the trendline is in the right direction.  I like how the focus on Shooting is paying dividends.  Wonder why we can't get competitive in Archery...

Get a mental strengthening coach for recurve team especially atanu. He messes up in crucial moments. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

Badminton medals have to be attributed to Gopi partially..hats off for his dedication to training champs

Also dutee's success. Credit goes to gopi for fighting for her and giving her the needed help. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/asian-games/gopichand-who-helped-dutee-in-darkest-hour-proud-of-her-achievement/articleshow/65553511.cms

15 minutes ago, nikred said:

How many more gold prospects do we have? 2 more and we could jump to 5th position.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Could get 2 more ( 2 Hockey teams in semis  ( fav for one ) , 2 squash teams in semis ( outside chance of one gold ) , 2 boxing in semis ( decent chance of one gold ) ) .  Gold looks unlikely in Athletics in remaining  events .

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

India-China semifinal hockey game on youtube - shouldn't India be blowing China away?  So far its not looking one-sided to me...

Chinese womens team have been stronger than India , its only recently we have had a edge . They are a good though , so are the japs in finals 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

Chinese womens team have been stronger than India , its only recently we have had a edge . They are a good though , so are the japs in finals 

From what little I have seen so far, China looks like a defensive team with limited individual skills.  A good team should be bossing them here, but India look sloppy.  Very inconsistent play.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

From what little I have seen so far, China looks like a defensive team with limited individual skills.  A good team should be bossing them here, but India look sloppy.  Very inconsistent play.  

True , our team is not that great , its much improved though . Mens team though is awesome