This team won't even draw a SENA series for next 10 years

Trichromatic

On 9/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, GolGappe said:

Australia will be very tough. Their bowling attack is just too lethal in Australian conditions.

NZ test your is too short. 2 test matches. BCCI won't even bother with warm up for such a short unprofitable tour. India will be uncooked against a very sharp Kiwi side.

BCCI doesn't get any profit from tours.

30 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

The country doesn't live Or breath test cricket . So that's a moot point.

I think those days are gone when youths would bunk college to watch  cricket matches or take leave from work for watching cricket match. The fixing was big let down and lot of people lost interest gradually. With these one dimensional results based upon conditions as we have seen recently, more people have lost faith in this team. No test match greats like Rahul Dravid, Sehwag, Sachin, VVS as well. 

Edited by Straight Drive
25 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I think those days are gone when youths would bunk college to watch  cricket matches or take leave from work for watching cricket match. The fixing was big let down and lot of people lost interest gradually. With these one dimensional results based upon conditions as we have seen recently, more people have lost faith in this team. No test match greats like Rahul Dravid, Sehwag, Sachin, VVS as well. 

Indians were never interested in test cricket. They never bunked to watch test cricket and we lost even with those greats. So it does not matter.

23 hours ago, Adi BB said:

This team is expert in losing matches and their maximum limit of winning in SENA is 1 test per series and that is primarily due to bowlers ,so you do the math and answer is just play 3 match series !!

No. Play 2 match test series and draw all overseas series. 

But our ill luck is that we win only the 3rd match so 2 match series will result in whitewashes everywhere. 

So u r right. 

3 test match series. 

Win last test. 

Chest thump. 

Fly off to play next overseas series. 

Edited by sensible-indian
1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I think we can draw Aus series only because their batting is in disarray. If somehow we learn some lessons from Eng tour and make amends by winning there, smug coach will organize a party at the International Space Station and will post another stupid promotion for a sports drink from there.

Good for us that Australia will be without Warner and Steven Smith in their home conditions. Still Team India may goof up to exploit this advantage.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, Adi BB said:

This team is expert in losing matches and their maximum limit of winning in SENA is 1 test per series and that is primarily due to bowlers ,so you do the math and answer is just play 3 match series !!

2007 was the last series that we won in England.After that the 3 test tours to England have been lost. Worst that they came to India in 2011 and even beat us.

We need some great test batsmen, but we have just 1.The replacements of FAB4 are duplicates like China material. Struggling to even average 45 in career.

Test Cricket had craze even late into my childhood.
I think only after Sachin and somewhat Dhoni's retirement , the interest has died. .

TBF, post WC11-cricket doesn't really have an universal hype all around like it was before during Peak Sachin

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

On 9/12/2018 at 2:55 AM, Trichromatic said:

This cycle is done.

Players at peak losing all matches in their 2nd or 3rd outing. All in their late 20s and early 30s.

Next cycle will be 4 years later. That time either players will old (34-37 years) or completely new (20s first outing).

Hope for some face saving after that.

There are no more home and away "cycles". Under the ICC Test Championship programme, we will tour NZ in Feb 2020 for 2 tests, and Australia again in December 2020 for 4 tests. Basically we will be touring Australia twice in a span of 2 years. 

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/742337

Schedule link: https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/ICC/document/2018/06/20/6dc2c8d4-e1a5-4dec-94b4-7121fab3cd7f/ICC_Tours.pdf