Deodhar Trophy 2018

Mosher

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he is already pushing himself and bowling 130.  Without pushing, he will bowl 120.

His action is very complicated I feel. He looks a strong lad, I feel disappointed looking at such guys and knowing that they are happy with their performance and not trying to become international level. Definitely he has the body strength to push more.

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

His action is very complicated I feel. He looks a strong lad, I feel disappointed looking at such guys and knowing that they are happy with their performance and not trying to become international level. Definitely he has the body strength to push more.

bowling action has lot of scope for improvement.  He does not look like a natural genuine pacer as they can bowl quick even if there action has issues like Bumrah, but he can still improve his pace to some extent by improving his bowling action, by maximizing the efficiency of his action.  He is bowling even slow than last time i saw him.  he was hitting up to 135 then, now the quickest i saw today was 131.

Edited by rkt.india
41 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

these games are not about winning or losing but more about giving chances to others.  They are not dropped, just rotated.

Where did I talk about winning  ?

Shaw and Saini have a chance of playing for India in ODIs and need as many games as possible to showcase their talent in this format.

There are other lesser players who can be rotated.

There is also the issue of viewership in televised matches and Shaw is the biggest draw.

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Where did I talk about winning  ?

Shaw and Saini have a chance of playing for India in ODIs and need as many games as possible to showcase their talent in this format.

There are other lesser players who can be rotated.

There is also the issue of viewership in televised matches and Shaw is the biggest draw.

IMO, both are playing too much cricket with very less breaks.  Rest was needed. Saini looked tired yesterday.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

My worry with vihari is can he hit sixes or up the tempo when needed!

Yes he seems not to have that extra sixth gear to up the tempo,more of a test batsman

Oneday cricket has changed a lot batsmen need to have the quality of manufacturing shots when needed

Rayudu yesterday should have attacked ,it all went to the shoulder s of kohli,had another batsman took responsibility of hitting with him we could have got 350 quite easily,that was belter of a pitch ,these days if platdorm is set you need to score atleast 350+

Wc pitches will be featherbed,and im not sure with the clumsy middle order we can compete

9 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yes he seems not to have that extra sixth gear to up the tempo,more of a test batsman

Oneday cricket has changed a lot batsmen need to have the quality of manufacturing shots when needed

Rayudu yesterday should have attacked ,it all went to the shoulder s of kohli,had another batsman took responsibility of hitting with him we could have got 350 quite easily,that was belter of a pitch ,these days if platdorm is set you need to score atleast 350+

Wc pitches will be featherbed,and im not sure with the clumsy middle order we can compete

TBH, that pitch did not look like 350 pitch in first innings. it changed in second innings due to dew.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ...  but 1 more one-day match, where selectors are watching,  could catapult them to the next level in the 50 over format. 

Say a Shaw scores a big century or Saini takes a  4-fer  here ... would it not give a disproportionate boost to their careers  ?

But if a Saini takes a fifer and Shaw makes a swashbuckling hundred then how would the selectors accommodate out of the world talent Rayudu,Jadeja,umesh etc

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ...  but 1 more one-day match, where selectors are watching,  could catapult them to the next level in the 50 over format. 

Say a Shaw scores a big century or Saini takes a  4-fer  here ... would it not give a disproportionate boost to their careers  ?

i dont think one match alone make any difference in selections.  Basing opinion on one match or selection on one match is high flawed logic.  Based on last match, there is no chance Saini can be selected but who have seen him for long knows how good he can be.

Edited by rkt.india
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i dont think one match alone make any difference in selections.  Basing opinion on one match or selection on one match is high flawed logic.  Based on last match, there is no chance Saini can be selected but who have seen him for long knows how good he can be.

I am not talking about basing selections on one match.

I am talking about one more superlative effort ... in an important match ... by a player who is anyway on the verge of selection ... due to his prior consistent performances in many matches and his top quality talent.

But difference  !

43 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Good news if Jadhav is back. India clearly miss that 6th bowling option esp when you a phaaaast braindead donkey liek umesh yadav.

Kohli

Rayudu

Dhoni

Jadhav

Jadeja

looking solid.

Barring kohli thats not even braindead, that's not middle order that's corpse middle order

They are all dead,csk zombies

Edited by Suhaan