One of the top 3 have to move in middle order to make way for Rahul

Number

Rahul does not need any special considerations, If he wanted to stick in middle order he should have done for his  IPL kings eleven team too. World cup is still long way away , let him do well in Australian test series first . It between him and Rayudu. Rahul deserves to be no4  and I have no idea why he is not playing there. 

25 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Was rohit sharma an ATG averaging 25 at 70rs when he was given the opening spot, while he was a middle order bat originally? 

No but he had 2 opening slots open up with both Sehwag and Gambhir on their way out. Vijay failed as a ODI cricketer and Dhawan was still not in the picture.

With Rahul he has to be accommodated by replacing one of the most successful opening pairs in odi cricket in recent times.

jeez sometimes your hate for Rohit is so irrational that I feel you were Rithika’s classmate or something who had this massive crush on her :laugh:

8 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

he scored 82 runs in 10 odis .He should be thankful that ppl are still rating him.

How much did Rohit Sharma was averaging when he used to bat in the middle order? Even after playing for so many years, fans think twice before calling him a reliable batsman. 

Edited by Lannister

Rohit never got this many chances in tests like Rahul got, he is first one to be dropped because he is not that good in tests.Rahul should be thankful that he is getting chances as an opener in tests even after flopping so many times. Odis, Rahul's List A SR is in 70s and his avg is in 30s.

But people somehow magically think this guy will become Viv Richards .Jadhav avg more and has better SR than Rahul along with his bowling he is a must in this team.Rahul is unidimensional player with mediocre list A stats.

At this time I am beginning to wonder if it will ever work out with Rahul in ODIs especially. Sure some people are late bloomers. Take Rohit. After 65 ODIs he was barely averaging 30. Could be that Rahul also needs time. But I am starting to wonder. Rahul did seem to be very skilled when he first emerged. Then his temperament seemed to be an issue. But now other chinks in his armor are also starting to become noticeable.