2.0 - Official Trailer

Ankit_sharma03

Didn’t like it. Disappointed.

How  long will we keep saying

“graphics/ VFX are awesome for an Indian movie”

Instead of 

“wow best graphics I have ever seen” 

besting acting performance by Akshay Kumar ever though so if that was due to graphics yes best graphics I have ever seen.

600 crores is a lot of money, sure some international films made at a smaller budget have better VFX. Some VFX were good and some lame. No consistency.

Edited by Global.Baba

13 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Tbh it is still better than 95% of crap produced by Bollywood or other masala regional cinema though. 

Bollywood is focused on and famous for masala movies so it is good for those who like such films .... I don't recall watching any Indian film (Bollywood or otherwise) in the recent past .... Last Indian film that I saw in theatres was probably "Tiger Zinda Hai" (was forced to tag along) 

Edited by zen

53 minutes ago, zen said:

Bollywood is focused on and famous for masala movies so it is good for those who like such films .... I don't recall watching any Indian film (Bollywood or otherwise) in the recent past .... Last Indian film that I saw in theatres was probably "Tiger Zinda Hai" (was forced to tag along) 

Movies like 2.0 need to be appreciated for someone trying to break the mould and trying to attempt something on that scale.

In Bollywood the big budget movies are usually the ones that try to cater too hard to the nris like the Karan Johar and YRF crap fests. In South and also Salman Bhai big budget movies  are usually the brainless hero worshipping movies where the  hero beats up a million goons and romances multiple heroines type movies.

There are some excellent small budget and experimental movies produced in Bollywood and also in the South which is the 5% I was talking about.

Sure, there are 100s or flaws in movies like Baahubali franchise or v 2.0 etc but you need to keep in mind that the target audience at the end of the day are Indians in India. Mostly the ones living in small towns in India who have no exposure to foreign cinema and Hollywood blockbusters may not appeal to their sensibilities. 

This is why a movie like Thugs failed because it tried too hard to be Pirates and somewhere in between it lost the Indianness.

Dangal was another movie that appealed to everyone but obviously it is not a fantasy movie.Baahubali was made on a big scale,was a fantasy  and also struck the right balance or appealing to everyone. That is the reason why most people who saw it loved it.

My only criticism of movie like 2.0 is the consistency of VFX and over dependence on it rather than focusing on more script building.

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

There are some excellent small budget and experimental movies produced in Bollywood and also in the South which is the 5% I was talking about.

tv shows/competitions  like "tomorrows director" unearthed many good young directors ( mostly engineers :p:  )  who can deliver out of the box movies with limited budget ..

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

My only criticism of movie like 2.0 is the consistency of VFX and over dependence on it rather than focusing on more script building.

have similar views .. screenplay/script is inconsistent which is shankars strength 

but i would say having limited or no songs is a good start for your movies

10 hours ago, velu said:

another flaw in the movie according to me is that akshay kumars character is portrayed as antagonist ..

shankar made a career by creating movies supporting vigilante justice :p: 

For Shankar, Vigilante justice is justified only when fighting for humans I think. :p

i actually supported pakshi rajan who was fighting it out for the poor little sparrows. He is my hero. Movie has a tragedy ending when he dies.. :/