All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

K Pandya in IPL has 4 MOMs in 39 games  :two_thumbs_up:

With at least 4 MOMs as criteria, he has the 17th best rate of MOMs in all IPL :two_thumbs_up:

That's better rate than the likes of Rohit, Narine, Dhoni, Raina, Kohli, S Smith, R Jadeja, B Kumar, Malinga, and whole lot of others :two_thumbs_up:

* MOM = Man Of the Match. Not your. :two_thumbs_up:

1 minute ago, philcric said:

Andre Russell in all T20s

Bat - 4000+ runs at avg of 25, SR of 167, 2 100s and 13 50s :two_thumbs_up:

Bowl - 244 wickets in 248 innings, avg of 25, economy of 8.2, 7 4 wicket hauls :two_thumbs_up:

Andre Russell is one of the best cricketers in the WI team. Same like Holder in Tests/ODIs 

Krunal on the other hand is not.

India doesn’t need Krunal. If he was playing for the WI, I would  say sure he fits in or even Zimbabwe or Australia but not India

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Andre Russell is one of the best cricketers in the WI team. Same like Holder in Tests/ODIs 

India doesn’t need Krunal. If he was playing for the WI, I would  say sure he fits in or even Zimbabwe or Australia but not India

Dot baba, this not about KruPandya, but about 'All rounders don't exist'.

A bit of fun. Cue excessive use of emoticons.

16 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Vihari has stellar domestic stats. Scored a 50

and took 3 wickets in his first test. Bowling looks pretty part-timish but obviously has shown he can bat based on FC stats. Tell me how does he lose out to Hardik Pandya?

This is not just about Vihari but plenty of such domestic bats out there. You are just hung up on Rohit,Raina etc. as I said next is Vihari’s chance and then some other batsman after that. You can’t plug it in with bits and pieces in tests especially.

Odis and T20 it is a no brainer Pandya would be ahead of guys like Vihari etc.

let me tell you something in a brief that overseas, you need 4 seamers in XI, one of them could a seamer who can bat.  4 seamers are imperative overseas unless you have someone like Mcgrath, Gillsepie, warne bowling for you that is likes of Pandya are important.  he is giving you that 4th seam option and some batting.  if we can find a better seam-bat alrounder, play him.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

In recent yrs only holder has become more consistent .....vrna wo bhi bahut gaali khaata tha 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

ofcourse we do need krunal, in ODI 50 overs are bowled so just cnt go with 5 bowlers....need a 6th one to

Our current 6th bowler has become a regular visitor to injury ward in last yr, to be his batting hasnt shown much apart from very very few innings 

Indian team needs to look at 6th bowling - Krunal/shankar/dube all shud be looked at . Krunal being a spinner gives an advantage of playing 3 seamers + hardik + kuldeep + krunal which is a very good combination

Krunal has done well in 4 out of 6 games in t20 so what the issue plus he has power game unlike Shankar from ball 1. He is good in field to unlike Kedhar  

You cant go in a match with just 5 bowling option and incase someone gets injured or has a bad ur looking everywhere . 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

K Pandya is single handed responsible for equaling the series

No. He is responsible for a drawn series which could have been won.

If you want this discussion seriously let me explain little bit further.

I am not good at it but baseball uses Analytics to figure out detailed contribution of a player and the details about their placement on the fields etc.

Scratch the surface and you can see if one spinner gave half the runs as Pnadya then Pandya was not doing his job. BCCI needs to spend some money on AI and Analytics to game plan. Till that does not happen there would be lot of mediocre players in this team.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

let me tell you something in a brief that overseas, you need 4 seamers in XI, one of them could a seamer who can bat.  4 seamers are imperative overseas unless you have someone like Mcgrath, Gillsepie, warne bowling for you that is likes of Pandya are important.  he is giving you that 4th seam option and some batting.  if we can find a better seam-bat alrounder, play him.

If that is the case why not play Bhuvi as an allrounder, he averages more with bat in England and SA than Hardik and is miles ahead as bowler. He will be an asset with new ball in Australia.With Bhuvi you know you get solid no8 let Ashwin/Jadeja bat at no7 .

Pandya as an allrounder will work in Asia but not overseas.Ashwin and Jadeja will give extra cushion for batting and Pandya will provide that third seamer option.

If you are going into every game with the assumption that one of the bowlers will get injured then you need to fire the physio and the team management and hold the selectors accountable. That is not some great back up

plan, it shows everyone around you is inefficient.

Also bowling 10-15 overs as a backup bowler is a bonus not a mandatory requirement as people are making it seem. On good days you won’t need that. On bad days it is a good bonus to have. That’s about it.

Edited by Global.Baba

How is Bhuvi inferior as a package to Pandya in SENA countries??? You know for sure you will get a honest effort from bat. He will do damage with new ball.He scored nearly same runs in two tests vs what Pandya scored in three tests.Bowling it is not even close.So what are we gaining from playing a deadweight like Pandya in tests.

If Bhuvi had played over Pandya in England India would have won the series.