Medeival India superhuman strength

MechEng

On 12/17/2018 at 2:49 PM, MechEng said:

Human strength is regressive, the quality of air, diet and pollution play important role in overall health, muscle mass and frame. The fact that people need artificial stuff to juice up is a proof that it's regressing because they cannot do it naturally. Also there was hardly any technology before industrial revolution, everything required a lot of human labour and interaction, even the wars were arm to arm combats except if you were an archer. 

are you taller and fitter than your granddad was at your age ?  can you compare and contrast. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:33 PM, MechEng said:

I would more likely to believe in the words of local guide from Golconda than a pseudo scientist/historian who has never visited Golconda fort.

Most of the local guides would put Mumbai Mirror to shame when it comes to manufacturing stories. 

I have been to Golconda fort, when I was about 9-10 and remember getting bored out of my wits over there. More so, it was like this huge extended family trip to Hyderabad, so I couldn't even back out. Our guide keep repeating inane stories about how the Nizam or whoever, ran up the fort and slid to the some Gumbaz next to the fort using a rope made from coir and escaped with the Kohinoor diamond. Also the guide has some kind of mild OCD, he kept repeating yeh hai Fateh Darwaza. Yahan Fateh hui thi. Fateh yani jeet.

He also insisted that all of us bought some taveez and showed us a jharoka from where the Queen used to watch the King in battle, apparently 12 kms away.

To make matters worse, my grandmother bought me that taveez and stand at that jharoka for an extended photo op. Perks of being the youngest in the family. :frown: 

Long story short, I never bought any of the nonsense they fed me when I was 9/10. Oh yeah, and the light and sound/laser show was also very very boring.

Never believe these local guides.

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Most of the local guides would put Mumbai Mirror to shame when it comes to manufacturing stories. 

I have been to Golconda fort, when I was about 9-10 and remember getting bored out of my wits over there. More so, it was like this huge extended family trip to Hyderabad, so I couldn't even back out. Our guide keep repeating inane stories about how the Nizam or whoever, ran up the fort and slid to the some Gumbaz next to the fort using a rope made from coir and escaped with the Kohinoor diamond. Also the guide has some kind of mild OCD, he kept repeating yeh hai Fateh Darwaza. Yahan Fateh hui thi. Fateh yani jeet.

He also insisted that all of us bought some taveez and showed us a jharoka from where the Queen used to watch the King in battle, apparently 12 kms away.

To make matters worse, my grandmother bought me that taveez and stand at that jharoka for an extended photo op. Perks of being the youngest in the family. :frown: 

Long story short, I never bought any of the nonsense they fed me when I was 9/10. Oh yeah, and the light and sound/laser show was also very very boring.

Never believe these local guides.

Same happened to us when we went to Konarak years ago after i'd freshly graduated and come home for first time in years. The local guide there told us how they used natural ferro-magnets to create a repulsion effect, upon which they levitated a 12 foot iron statue of Surya in the main temple.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that as a newly minted engineer i could tell him exactly how much guass/tesla whatever of magnetic flux you need to generate to levitate a 12 foot iron statue that weighs anywhere from 100kg to a ton and there isn't enough ferro-magnets in nature to exert such a force. 

Tour guides make these stories up everywhere, because a good storyteller is a good tour guide - he/she makes the experience memorable and thats the whole point of it. Nobody wants a person in Siri voice bombarding you with facts only, either.