Food thread !!!

velu

2 hours ago, velu said:

not ok ..

my dad scolded me for giving gulabjamun  and mysorepa to it :((  

There is a group of 16-19 year olds who hang around the lawn/gym area of my apartment complex area every evening. Some time back a girl from that group fed (out of good will) some mashed broccoli and berries to a Pomeranian. The dog couldn't digest that fibre rich food and died within 2 days. The owner of the dog, who is a man of some influence, was livid and approached the cops who registered a complaint and advised him to inform some sections of the media. The girl was summoned to court and the 'case' dragged on for 3 hearings over a span of 6 months. Obviously she wasn't punished, but she lost out on a diploma program in the US for which she had enrolled.

Not trying to scare you here. But you have to be careful about what you feed animals.  

Edited by Mariyam

36 minutes ago, velu said:

Bowl and Tower gola .. almost 10/15 times bigger gola than what we get :lol:

@Trichromatic  @Mariyam  tried this ever ? 

( extra hygienic ) 

Watch out buddy with all the corona scare. I ate pani puri at AAB and immediate cold symptoms followed the next days with cough and sore throat. Everytime I coughed, everyone within a 10m radius was acting suspicious. I went to AAB for quality and I ended up catching a cold :mad: This thing you posted looks very suspicious :lol: especially if its a chinese looking guy serving you :p:

47 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Watch out buddy with all the corona scare. I ate pani puri at AAB and immediate cold symptoms followed the next days with cough and sore throat. Everytime I coughed, everyone within a 10m radius was acting suspicious. I went to AAB for quality and I ended up catching a cold :mad: This thing you posted looks very suspicious :lol: especially if its a chinese looking guy serving you :p:

taking bfast and lunch or lunch and dinner there only for the last 3/4 days :(( 

I am preparing my own food for the past few days, time consuming and I am a terrible cook, only my chai is decent, that and some basic sandwich recipes. Bought some of those ready to eat packets, will explore that option now. Tough times, miss my mother's cooking so much now. 

A2B is overrated, esp once you have stayed for a while in Chennai. So many small outlets there outclass these  franchises like Sangeetha, Ananda, Vasanta, Saravana Bhavan !!!! In Bengaluru at least near my residence so many better options, minus the heavenly Tamil Sambhar. 

Attended a wedding in Bengal last month, purchased so many sweets :drool:. Locals here in South were stunned when I shared the delicious stuff, special praise for Lavang, Gurer Rosogolla and Malai Chomchom. I didn't share the Bhapa Sandesh coz it spoils sooner than the others and I consumed it in the first day itself.

A savoury I tasted after a very long time, Nimki, nostalgia reloaded. Nimki+Chanachur+sweet+chai is the ideal evening snacks combo in Bengal.

If you guys haven't tried, Nimki looks like this

Image result for nimki

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

I am preparing my own food for the past few days, time consuming and I am a terrible cook, only my chai is decent, that and some basic sandwich recipes. Bought some of those ready to eat packets, will explore that option now. Tough times, miss my mother's cooking so much now. 

It takes a few iterations, I started off badly, I love my cooking more than anynody else's. You need to be confident and add ingredients that you like - green chillies, onion, tomato, sesame, groundnuts, methi seeds, they give out a lot of flavors, mix and match. I jusr follow some recipes like Hebbars Kitchen to the letter and they come out well. Mirchi ka salan came out perfect:

https://hebbarskitchen.com/hyderabadi-mirchi-ka-salan-recipe/

mirchi-ka-salan-recipe-how-to-make-hyder

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Attended a wedding in Bengal last month, purchased so many sweets :drool:. Locals here in South were stunned when I shared the delicious stuff, special praise for Lavang, Gurer Rosogolla and Malai Chomchom. I didn't share the Bhapa Sandesh coz it spoils sooner than the others and I consumed it in the first day itself.

A savoury I tasted after a very long time, Nimki, nostalgia reloaded. Nimki+Chanachur+sweet+chai is the ideal evening snacks combo in Bengal.

If you guys haven't tried, Nimki looks like this

Image result for nimki

We call it ShankarPoLi .There is both namkeen and sweet variety (made from jaggery)

Khara-shankarapoli-1024x683.jpg 

23 minutes ago, velu said:

@Gollum  today a2b started online delivery :hail: 

cant wait to lick my mysorepa

oyeQ8b2.jpg

I'd rather eat wet lumps of sand than that monstrosity.  It is even named Mysore Pak, enemy country se itna pyar? Why not Mysore Ind?

I love A2B's paneer jalebi and potato chips. This version of their chips....

No photo description available.

Edited by Gollum