Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended pending inquiry for their comments in Koffee with Karan

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

People don't have a problem with womanising if they did not break rules.

People have a problem in the disrespectful way of talking about it ..

..that too in public (which means they have no issues being seen as disrrspectful )

Rules are b/w the cricketers and BCCI .... other things are a matter of opinion 

26 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

@beetle

Way to beat around the bush. I was highlighting power hungry women like Edulji and not on Srini. She basically said I'm here to bash BCCI in 2006 when Srini was not administering cricket. And what about the WNBA and women's sports in general. There has to be a sporting audience to view these women's games. There are physically challenged games in cricket. Can the physically challenged person claim he/she was hard done by the evil BCCI and they need to make one of them ruling over BCCI. Don't take it on to tangents and give me a lecture

So being a woman is like being a handicapped person ?

I accept the cricket they are not at same levels but equating women cricket with handicapped cricket  ? Really.

What can one argue with this of logic?

Just for information..

Women cricket is also under bcci so if someone has a grievance,it has to be against bcci .

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Rules are b/w the cricketers and BCCI .... other things are a matter of opinion 

No...if they talk about a group of people in a degrading manner( in this case women being talked about as sexual objects) ,it is the bcci 's problem because they are employed by the bcci.

It is similar to ,if they had talked in a degrading manner about a race ,or a linguistic group.

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

People don't have a problem with womanising if they did not break rules.

People have a problem in the disrespectful way of talking about it ..

..that too in public (which means they have no issues being seen as disrrspectful )

My point is that women have been sneaking into rooms of cricketer forever. That rule has always been broken, and not punished. 

2 hours ago, sandsaims said:

Diana Edulji seems to have become a huge hindrance to indian cricket, its very clear she has an agenda and now the talk of Hardik and rahul missing out on world cup is ridiculous and she doesnt seem to want a quick enquiry even though this might hurt Indian cricket badly. It was two young guys speaking their mind on a talk show and what they do on their personal life should be nobodys business. A warning might have sufficed but this lady now wants a enquiry committee. What will they even enquire about, whatever was said is already in front of the world, so what will this enquiry committee even do?

This whole fiasco is gotta be the most bizzare sequence of events I have seen in sometime.

At best those were just crass & stupid comments to make on TV, these two must be dumbstruck at what just hit them.

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

No...if they talk about a group of people in a degrading manner( in this case women being talked about as sexual objects) ,it is the bcci 's problem because they are employed by the bcci.

It is similar to ,if they had talked in a degrading manner about a race ,or a linguistic group.

what is degrading about having sex with women? 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Did you even see the show?

They were talking about women they are sex objects only.

Hardik saying he only care to see them move and doesn't  even care to know about their names.

Saying yeh walli ,woh walli aur woh walli...pointing to women like they are some sex dolls instead of humans.

Cheating with multiple women and thinking that is cool .

Just now, beetle said:

Did you even see the show?

They were talking about women they are sex objects only.

Hardik saying he only care to see them move and doesn't  even care to know about their names.

Saying yeh walli ,woh walli aur woh walli...pointing to women like they are some sex dolls instead of humans.

Cheating with multiple women and thinking that is cool .

I do not watch such shows (do not even recall watching too many Indian movies) but have read the comments 

a) If it is not degrading to have sex with women, it is probably not degrading to talk about it 

b) How did you imply that he is cheating? Having consenting sex with multiple partners, who are not even in a relationship, is not cheating

c) Even in Hindi films, there are dialogues that "teri wali kaun si hai", "yeah meri wali hai". What is offending in that? 

6 minutes ago, zen said:

I do not watch such shows (do not even recall watching too many Indian movies) but have read the comments 

a) If it is not degrading to have sex with women, it is probably not degrading to talk about it 

b) How did you imply that he is cheating? Having consenting sex with multiple partners, who are not even in a relationship, is not cheating

c) Even in Hindi films, there are dialogues that "teri wali kaun si hai", "yeah meri wali hai". What is offending in that? 

:facepalm::wall:

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, zen said:

would you have the same view if Smriti Mandhana said the same stuff on a TV show about her sexual promiscuity for example? 

I will repeat for the nth time-

No one has an issue over consensual sexual promiscuity done by either sex- but to brag about it just so to supposedly elevate your image in social media and being crass by involving ones parents. Womanising by indian cricketers have been happening for a very long time- but these kind of things were kept private. Everyone knows it but doesnt want it plastered all over the front page by the player himself just to make himself look good.

Bottom line is- Hardik and KL are the only two young cricketers who have that much social media presence and brand contracts compared to other youngsters. They have simply been distracted by the glamorous life and focusing on social media rather than improving themselves as cricketers cos lets face it, neither player has done anything worthy to pinpoint to say yes they won a match/series for us with their consistent performances. KL's career is almost finished. Hardik could have stepped up and cemented his place in our test team as the allrounder but he chose to go after girls instead.

Karma is a bitch as they say.

29 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

would you have the same view if Smriti Mandhana said the same stuff on a TV show about her sexual promiscuity for example? 

I will repeat for the nth time-

No one has an issue over consensual sexual promiscuity done by either sex- but to brag about it just so to supposedly elevate your image in social media and being crass by involving ones parents. Womanising by indian cricketers have been happening for a very long time- but these kind of things were kept private. Everyone knows it but doesnt want it plastered all over the front page by the player himself just to make himself look good.

Bottom line is- Hardik and KL are the only two young cricketers who have that much social media presence and brand contracts compared to other youngsters. They have simply been distracted by the glamorous life and focusing on social media rather than improving themselves as cricketers cos lets face it, neither player has done anything worthy to pinpoint to say yes they won a match/series for us with their consistent performances. KL's career is almost finished. Hardik could have stepped up and cemented his place in our test team as the allrounder but he chose to go after girls instead.

Karma is a bitch as they say.

I do not watch such shows (not the target audience) and do not care what shows, ads, etc/, these guys do .... I am more concerned with their behavior on the cricket field, the key platform for cricketers where they represent the country 

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You still have not answered my first question in the post?

As I said I do not care for the below 

Do you watch SRK, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Amitabh Bacchan, Sanjay Dutt, etc., films? Who are known to have cheated on their wives for e.g. .... they have mislead by example 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

As I said I do not care for the below 

Do you watch SRK, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Amitabh Bacchan, Sanjay Dutt, etc., films? Who are known to have cheated on their wives for e.g. .... they have mislead by example 

Right- You're only saying that because no sportswoman will ever come out and say this in public. Our country is a confused one. they want to be modern and open but only in a guy's case. But when its a girl then all hell will break loose. If we were an open society with liberal sexual views for both genders then I wouldnt have given two shits about this interview. The double standards and hypocrisy are nauseating now.

Did they openly come on a chat show and with chest thumping state that they cheated on their wives and were proud if it or did they say that their parents were proud of them cheating on their wives? These were incidents that were exposed by others and the media.

If you cant make a distinction between the two then I cant help you. 

Edited by LordPrabhzy
7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Did they openly come on a chat show and with chest thumping state that they cheated on their wives and were proud if it or did thet say that their parents were proud of them cheating on their wives? These were incidents that were exposed by others and the media.

If you cant make a distinction between the two then I cant help you. 

As someone who cares for ethic and does not want to come across as a hypocrite, you should care for it (as they are misleading by example. Ever heard that actions are louder than words) .... And who has claimed that Pandya cheated on them .... As I said, don't watch shows you are not the target audience for. Stick with KJOs films :winky:

Edited by zen