BHU-KHA the epitome of mediocrity in T20 format

vayuu1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, rkt.india said:

And i still have the same stand.  Yorker is a defensive option in modern LOI cricket.  yes, you can get wicket but it is not a primary wicket taking option.  You can get wickets even with fulltosses and half trackers in LOIs that does not make them wicket taking options.  There is a reason bowlers now bowl yorkers wide outside off stump these days, that is to avoid getting hit, not to take wickets.  

Yorker is a versatile delivery in LOIs. One can use it as defence in death over or attack anytime during the match. In tests it's an attacking option especially bowled at some serious pace with accuracy.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:35 PM, Pollack said:

Your point was Yorker without reverse is not wicket taking, isn't it? Not whether it's used surprisingly or not.

Shikhar type of dismissals are far and few. Also it was edge onto wickets at a point when shikhar had to swing at everything. So lets not get all carried away.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Yorker is a versatile delivery in LOIs. One can use it as defence in death over or attack anytime during the match. In tests it's an attacking option especially bowled at some serious pace with accuracy.

@Real McCoy What's there to troll vote in this post. Are you by chance alternate Id of viper or rasgulla or vilander ?

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I didn't bother you. You started it :noidea:. Don't complain when it falls back on you. Trollvote for trollvote :fencing:. Another one just to keep you honest

I troll voted for a post where you were trolling. :dontknow:  You just blindly troll voting any post of mine in return. That's so unfair. How can I live in this world now. Ok enough of internet for today. :phehe:

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket just taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

I will just one thing, a Yorker can get a batsman out if he is defending or if he is attacking, that itself exemplifies how it's a universal wicket taking option. You cant dismiss it as  defensive.

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Do you think they were professional cricketers? Professional cricketer scoring 36 in 60 overs in a WC game. Kerry packer was professional cricket. Otherwise international cricket was game of amateurs like England recalling 45 year old Brian close from retirement to face Holding. Is this even possible in today's cricket? No, only in amateur era it could happen. I didn't say cricketers were not good but lacked professionalism and overall quality was low.

Cricket and cricketers evolve over a period of time.Cycle of evolution can't be termed as unprofessionalism. Let alone intl cricket, county cricket was extremely professional circa 70s-80s.

21 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

Ask any cricket expert they will say 1980s WI team is still considered the best team in hisgtory of cricket. They would wipe Aussies of 2000s. Helmets no helmets , it does not matter , they would still dominate any team anywhere.

Edited by putrevus