02/03 - 01:30 PM IST: 1st ODI (D/N), Australia tour of India at Hyderabad, Mar 2 2019

We somehow need a firing opening partnership, kl can do. But in eng, ball will swing for first 5 overs. Shankar will play WC. I am predicting pandya won't be fit or get injured again although he is my first preference. Ind is a semis contender,  no doubt about that mainly because of bowling. Let's see from there. Two kohli /Sharma hundreds and we could be home.

For next few matches in series 

KL

Pant

Kohli

Rohit 

Jadhav

Dhoni

Shankar + 4 bowlers or 5 bowlers as Shankar is not good enough with the ball so should be played if Jadhav can bowl 4-6 overs 

Dhawan rested to try KL-Pant. Rohit moved to 4 

40 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Unfortunately Neither . 

May hopes for this WC are very low . If I have any hope it’s cos of our bowling 

If we have to win Virat needs to do it single handedly in the KOs . 

And that's all because of him Nd buffoon coach. Had they been tried some young batters in middle order after ct17 we would have been in better position.

25 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Dhoni fans on cricinfo :cantstop:

Tbf MS did play well here but seems 4 to 5 rpo is his chasing limit in most cases.

Wow dhongi fans are utter garbage. Had it not been Jadhav 90 SR batting we would have definitely seem last over finish.

15 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

If Shankar can slot in at 4, and the openers find form, we still have a decent batting line-up..

KL needs to find some game time as well.. He looked determined in T20s

Ya in place of Rayadu play Shankar and play some else in lineup kick this Rayadu out . He is pathetic fielder as well.

23 minutes ago, zen said:

For next few matches in series 

KL

Pant

Kohli

Rohit 

Jadhav

Dhoni

Shankar + 4 bowlers or 5 bowlers as Shankar is not good enough with the ball so should be played if Jadhav can bowl 4-6 overs 

Dhawan rested to try KL-Pant. Rohit moved to 4 

You have to stop smoking this pipe dream of India thinking of ROhit in the middle order lol Guy has got close 3000 runs as an opener in the last 3 years at 61 avge and 94 strike rate with 12 centuries. 

Roy 2103  average 42.06  striker ate 107.57

Dhawan 2100 average 45.65 strike rate 98.5

De kock 1930 average 45.95 strike rate 98.87

Warner 1806 average 54.72 strike rate 103.43

Guptill 1596 average 44.33 strike rate 91.82

Bairstow 1471 average 50.72 strike rate 113.32

Zaman 1442 runs average 53.40 strike rate 96.19

Apart from Warner/Bairstow/Roy everyone scores around the same rate.  When you consider those players have the license to throw their bat around, Rohit has done a good job as the dual role of building and accelerating rather than just accelerating.

Edited by vvvslaxman
Just now, vvvslaxman said:

You have to stop smoking this pipe dream of India thinking of ROhit in the middle order lol Guy has got close 3000 runs as an opener in the last 3 years at 61 avge and 94 strike rate with 12 centuries. 

Roy 2103  average 42.06  striker ate 107.57

Dhawan 2100 average 45.65 strike rate 98.5

De kock 1930 average 45.95 strike rate 98.87

Warner 1806 average 54.72 strike rate 103.43

Guptill 1596 average 44.33 strike rate 91.82

Bairstow 1471 average 50.72 strike rate 113.32

Zaman 1442 runs average 53.40 strike rate 96.19

Apart from Warner/Bairstow everyone scores around the same rate.  When you consider those players have the license to throw their bat around, Rohit has done a good job as the dual role of building and accelerating rather than just accelerating.

who cares about bilaterals 

21 minutes ago, zen said:

who cares about bilaterals 

You choose squad based on bilaterals not world cups as it comes once every 4 years. On what basis you want Pant then? Bilaterals? List A? he didn't do well in any of them. He has done well in Tests as a no.7 batsman and opener in the IPL for DD. What are his other credentials? What about Rahul? Based on this, whoever does well in this world cup will certainly get picked for 2023 world cup?

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You choose squad based on bilaterals not world cups as it comes once every 4 years. On what basis you want Pant then? Bilaterals? List A? he didn't do well in any of them. He has done well in Tests as a no.7 batsman and opener in the IPL for DD. What are his other credentials? What about Rahul? Based on this, whoever does well in this world cup will certainly get picked for 2023 world cup?

Potential shown for new players. Also ICC events are held regularly .... Old players, we know what they can do and how they go about in pressure situations. They cannot hide behind meaningless numbers, which are good for fanboys to feel good (100th 100 for e.g.) 

Edited by zen
7 minutes ago, zen said:

Potential shown for new players. Also ICC events are held regularly .... Old players, we know what they can do and how they go about in pressure situations. They cannot hide behind meaningless numbers, which are good for fanboys to feel good (100th 100 for e.g.) 

Pant has shown no potential so far in shorter format other than IPL. He starts worse than Rohit when he starts the innings.

13 minutes ago, zen said:

Potential is not measured only by formats :facepalm:

It has to be measured by something right? Bit like how Vettori promoted Zaheer khan at no.3 for RCB . In the name of "optimization" chappell tried to convert IRfan into a batsman and bat Sachin at 4. We all know what happened. Rohit as an opener >>>>>>> Rohit in the middle. Even for MI he tried that and failed miserably.  Pant as an opener = as a middle order = late order.. It is all the same. He will try to throw kitchen sink. Miss like 20 balls initially completely and connect a few with half balance.  

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

It has to be measured by something right? Bit like how Vettori promoted Zaheer khan at no.3 for RCB . In the name of "optimization" chappell tried to convert IRfan into a batsman and bat Sachin at 4. We all know what happened. Rohit as an opener >>>>>>> Rohit in the middle. Even for MI he tried that and failed miserably.  Pant as an opener = as a middle order = late order.. It is all the same. He will try to throw kitchen sink. Miss like 20 balls initially completely and connect a few with half balance.  

Buddy, all these conveniently chosen points do not work .... if i have to post like you, I can say things like "will you open with someone like Ravi Shastri in WC19" .... For cases you can find, others can find opposite cases too .... For a Tuktuk Sharma's fanboy, his success could be paramount to you, I care more about Ind's performance in ICC events 

43 minutes ago, zen said:

Buddy, all these conveniently chosen points do not work .... if i have to post like you, I can say things like "will you open with someone like Ravi Shastri in WC19" .... For cases you can find, others can find opposite cases too .... For a Tuktuk Sharma's fanboy, his success could be paramount to you, I care more about Ind's performance in ICC events 

I am not a fan of Rohit. But Rohit as an opener is far more valuable than Pant or anyone else anywhere in the line up. I would rather take tuk tuk sharma over tuk tuk pant who rarely scores from the get go.  List of the cases where he has started scoring from the get go.  In the current line up KL Rahul, Karthik, Pandya are the only three that can score quickly from the get go. Pant is definitely one of them. KL Rahul has flattered to deceive so many times as he hits too many balls in the air.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am not a fan of Rohit. But Rohit as an opener is far more valuable than Pant or anyone else anywhere in the line up. I would rather take tuk tuk sharma over tuk tuk pant who rarely scores from the get go.  List of the cases where he has started scoring from the get go.  In the current line up KL Rahul, Karthik, Pandya are the only three that can score quickly from the get go. Pant is definitely one of them. KL Rahul has flattered to deceive so many times as he hits too many balls in the air.

Well you could also be investing in gold when its price is about to crash 

6 minutes ago, zen said:

Well you could also be investing in gold when its price is about to crash 

He is not even better than Shaw/Gill/Agarwal let alone inform Rohit sharma. How can you push him up the order in a line up that can hardly afford to expose Kohli to new ball very early.  If Pant swipes and not connects 20 balls and gets out you got Kohli with nothing on the board against new ball. Pant and Dhawan.. how can you even randomly conjure a partnership with few months to go.