Vijay Shankar is a bright prospect

Going by what I have seen, Shankar seems very solid in technique and has that split second extra to handle extra pace. IMO 4 should be his ideal position, not sure he has the explosiveness to bat so low down the order. His bowling should just be considered a bonus and should not be relied on. It would have been ideal for the team balance if one of the wrist spinners was a decent bat.

Just now, eternalhope said:

Going by what I have seen, Shankar seems very solid in technique and has that split second extra to handle extra pace. IMO 4 should be his ideal position, not sure he has the explosiveness to bat so low down the order. His bowling should just be considered a bonus and should not be relied on. It would have been ideal for the team balance if one of the wrist spinners was a decent bat.

Kuldeep looked decent enough

10 minutes ago, flamy said:

Kuldeep looked decent enough

He can hang in there but ideally some one in the Piyush Chawla mode. Not advocating for Piyush, but I guess u got my point. Maybe Sreyas Gopal but it is too late now for experimentation and going by data I find even Karnataka doesn't let him complete his quota in most of their List A matches.

Chahal, Shami and Bumrah combo is a big hole and in the crunch they should be able to atleast hold their end like Kuldeep.

Right now I think it is too late and we have to play to our strengths, which is bowling and go with Bumrah, Shami, Pandya, Chahal and Kuldeep. Shankar and Kedar come in as 6th and 7th bowling options.

This TM is still in testing mode. Why was Shankar not allowed to bat @5 in this game unlike last. What are TM looking at? what are they seeking with these changes?, does the TM know their first xi? is Dhoni the no.5 or is it Shankar? :blink:

So many questions, hopefully TM is aware of some answers to these. Shankar has booked his place in the WC squad for sure but he should be a getting a ideal number in the lineup to showcase his talent.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

This TM is still in testing mode. Why was Shankar not allowed to bat @5 in this game unlike last. What are TM looking at? what are they seeking with these changes?, does the TM know their first xi? is Dhoni the no.5 or is it Shankar? :blink:

So many questions, hopefully TM is aware of some answers to these. Shankar has booked his place in the WC squad for sure but he should be a getting a ideal number in the lineup to showcase his talent.

Exactly. They do not allow Vijay Shankar to bat at one place. In NZ he was batting at 3 in T20, then 4, sometimes 6, 7.  Thankfully He is able to make his chances count with consistent performance.  NOt sure how long they are going to experiment