Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

Ankit_sharma03

Spoiler for last episode. Don’t read if you want the suspense.

Tyrion will be thrown in jail not killed. Jon snow kills Danny ala bahubali style. Then the series ends with the council meeting of Bran, Davos, Tryrion.

Edited by gattaca

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

they totally threw careful character development and arcs into the dust bin.. Jamie/Danarys/Cerci etc clegane bowl was good and the solid end to Sandor with his father moment and sign off with Aarya and his final desperate killing of his brother, that's a good end. 

Jamie no redemption - danny mad queen - cercei is not a super villan just gets squashed under some stones and dies like a lover with jamie lol. why build them up then?  poor episode. 

they had other legit ways, under power drogon make cercei harder to kill, make danny and john estranged in the process of killing cercei, give cercei a good villans death. No they did not want to do it, they cant satisfy audience they have to be better than that they will be oh so different wow, they wont satisfy audience since they are artistic superior etc. scum fell to their own hype.  GoT was supposed to have a lot of spinoffs i am sure they will have an impact. 

Lol

Most of what i wrote. Better written.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/pajajk/game-of-thrones-ruined-nearly-every-character

Such a disaster.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Lol

Most of what i wrote. Better written.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/pajajk/game-of-thrones-ruined-nearly-every-character

Such a disaster.

There are some problems with this analysis:

1. Danerys has ALWAYS been the mad queen. She either lacked the ability or was always tempered by her advisors to act against her instinct. The clues throughout the series is numerous: when she is denied entry into Qarth, she promptly declares she will burn it to the ground when her dragons are big. She commands a toddler Drogon to torch all of Astapor and her specific first action command to the Unsullied is to 'kill the masters'. Masters were a class of people, not just the guy who owned a slave. Saying 'kill the masters' is no different than saying 'kill the nobles' or 'kill the merchants'. She indiscriminately kills the masters of Mereen, it even gets pointed out by one wistful slave that he had it better under his 'benevolent masters' than the 'new reality' and not all masters were cruel tyrants.

When she returns with Drogon while Mereen is under seige, she promptly declares that she will torch the fleet outside and then go to the cities of Astapor, Yunkai and Vonlantis, turning them to dust. She even has this convo with Jon Snow the last season when he goes ' burning cities...its more of the same'. 

She's always had the genocidal streak in her - this time, it went over the edge because : a) she saw her bff get her head lopped off b) the only advisor she completely respected and trusted, died (Jorah), another one she had good respect for, betrayed her ( Varys) and the other is batting at 0-10 in the last ten major decisions he's made (Tyrion) c) she has blue balls from not getting laid anymore by Jon.

2. He criticizes Jamie's love for Cercei as unreasonable, but love, in most cases, is unreasonable. If anybody embodies the unreasonable, unquestioned love for all nine seasons, its Jamie Lannister. Him leaving Breanne makes perfect sense - he knows that his love for Cercei is unreasonable, she doesn't deserve it and he tried it all to break up with her : walked out, slept with another woman, etc. etc. But at the end of the day, he embraces what he is and gets back to Cercei for it - makes perfect sense in reality actually. 

57 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

1. Danerys has ALWAYS been the mad queen. She either lacked the ability or was always tempered by her advisors to act against her instinct. The clues throughout the series is numerous: when she is denied entry into Qarth, she promptly declares she will burn it to the ground when her dragons are big. She commands a toddler Drogon to torch all of Astapor and her specific first action command to the Unsullied is to 'kill the masters'. Masters were a class of people, not just the guy who owned a slave. Saying 'kill the masters' is no different than saying 'kill the nobles' or 'kill the merchants'. She indiscriminately kills the masters of Mereen, it even gets pointed out by one wistful slave that he had it better under his 'benevolent masters' than the 'new reality' and not all masters were cruel tyrants.

When she returns with Drogon while Mereen is under seige, she promptly declares that she will torch the fleet outside and then go to the cities of Astapor, Yunkai and Vonlantis, turning them to dust. She even has this convo with Jon Snow the last season when he goes ' burning cities...its more of the same'. 

She's always had the genocidal streak in her - this time, it went over the edge because : a) she saw her bff get her head lopped off b) the only advisor she completely respected and trusted, died (Jorah), another one she had good respect for, betrayed her ( Varys) and the other is batting at 0-10 in the last ten major decisions he's made (Tyrion) c) she has blue balls from not getting laid anymore by Jon.

2. He criticizes Jamie's love for Cercei as unreasonable, but love, in most cases, is unreasonable. If anybody embodies the unreasonable, unquestioned love for all nine seasons, its Jamie Lannister. Him leaving Breanne makes perfect sense - he knows that his love for Cercei is unreasonable, she doesn't deserve it and he tried it all to break up with her : walked out, slept with another woman, etc. etc. But at the end of the day, he embraces what he is and gets back to Cercei for it - makes perfect sense in reality actually. 

well yeah, you can argue with logic anyway, they are just characters 

all characters played to their ultimate flaw. danny - mad queen, jamie - blinded by his incestuous love , cercei - just a mother who can go to any length , but Danny is just not a probable villain based on 7 seasons of being hero, jamie character arc was just wasted, Arya lol all her training by faceless she could just go back without killing cercei or trying to get to her goal.

Danny i believe was most wasted, second Aarya and then jamie, just wanting to close the story after creative ran out of source content, no more ability to build character - they ran 7 seasons worth with real source content and thought they can just finish everything with 1 season of non source content, may be if the author were to write he will close it in 4 more books who knows.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Pretty good analysis. I didn't see anything wrong in how the episode panned out. It sticks to the true spirit of GOT. In GOT universe, there is nothing black and white. Many people didn't like it because Danny was made into villain and how Cercei and Jamie story ended but there was no better end than this. People were expecting Jamie to kill Cercei when he left winterfell which didn't happen.

38 minutes ago, Vilander said:

well yeah, you can argue with logic anyway, they are just characters 

all characters played to their ultimate flaw. danny - mad queen, jamie - blinded by his incestuous love , cercei - just a mother who can go to any length , but Danny is just not a probable villain based on 7 seasons of being hero, jamie character arc was just wasted, Arya lol all her training by faceless she could just go back without killing cercei or trying to get to her goal.

Danny i believe was most wasted, second Aarya and then jamie, just wanting to close the story after creative ran out of source content, no more ability to build character - they ran 7 seasons worth with real source content and thought they can just finish everything with 1 season of non source content, may be if the author were to write he will close it in 4 more books who knows.

1. Cercei absolutely did not act in a way a mother hell bent to do what it takes to give her kids the best future. She acted like Cercei always has - vindictive, unbending and ruthless. All the while being decent at strategy but completely clueless tactically. 

2. The whole 'Dany the savior' is an angle only bought by the freed slaves. Most of whom had no qualms about murdering an entire class of people - the masters. This angle is actually the classic example of 'optics' by politicians - who will use an optically good looking angle or play into it as long as their interests re not compromised. Danny does this too. She is the classic example of 'lets be the savior and i the good guy when things go my way but turn into a total megalomaniac psychopath when they don't. She's done this right from season1 when she threatened to burn down Qarth for them not letting her in initially. 

3. Arya angle too makes sense - once the city started to crumble, she is justified in questioning her line of attack and going ' da fuq will i get out of here ?'. Sandor made her see that. 

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pretty good analysis. I didn't see anything wrong in how the episode panned out. It sticks to the true spirit of GOT. In GOT universe, there is nothing black and white. Many people didn't like it because Danny was made into villain and how Cercei and Jamie story ended but there was no better end than this. People were expecting Jamie to kill Cercei when he left winterfell which didn't happen.

Not really. I expected Jamie to either do something evil for Cersei one last time or both dying together for love. No way he was going to kill her 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My man rkt bhai :yay:never disappoints, :hatsoff:to your consistency. 

I agree with him. This season has been fine. Not as bad as people are making it out to be.

I would like to hear people coming up with alternatives of how some things should have panned out then whining and complaining.

The coffee cup goof is bothering me though. That is something that should happen on a Set if a C Grade Bhojpuri film not Frickin game of thrones

36 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yeah but i am hating this season right now. Last episode was so-so mostly because i still cannot reconcile how Drogon went from ' cr@p they shot my brother, imma GTFO now' to ' divebomb in middle of the same bloody fleet + take on an entire ring wall of ballistas + evade x1million' inside of just 2-3 days. 

Like show-writers, make up your mind: are dragons OP or are dragons killable by an oversized arrow ? or at the very least, plan it ahead with simple considerations like making Drogon 2x bigger than the other two dragons. 

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Yeah but i am hating this season right now. Last episode was so-so mostly because i still cannot reconcile how Drogon went from ' cr@p they shot my brother, imma GTFO now' to ' divebomb in middle of the same bloody fleet + take on an entire ring wall of ballistas + evade x1million' inside of just 2-3 days. 

Like show-writers, make up your mind: are dragons OP or are dragons killable by an oversized arrow ? or at the very least, plan it ahead with simple considerations like making Drogon 2x bigger than the other two dragons. 

Let’s see

John Snow- he has been set up as a goody goody hero warrior right from the start- so nothing unusual here

Cersei- Jamie- them dying together is a perfect end. Couldn’t have happened any other way.

Theon- one of the best written characters in TV history ignoring the books of course.

Sansa- from a meek bimbo to a strong queen who stands for herself Learning to play the political game.

Arya- her character has gone all over the place for many seasons now

The Hound- perfect end

I agree that Tyrion has been screwed up. For being the most intelligent person in the world, has screwed up and had bad judgement too many times.

Varys- should have had more depth in the last 2-3 seasons

Ser Jorah- again no better way to kill him off.

Danerys- character evolved perfectly before she snapped

Night king- went phuss but he had to die.

Overall what has been a let down? I see more wins here

21 minutes ago, maniac said:

I agree with him. This season has been fine. Not as bad as people are making it out to be.

I would like to hear people coming up with alternatives of how some things should have panned out then whining and complaining.

The coffee cup goof is bothering me though. That is something that should happen on a Set if a C Grade Bhojpuri film not Frickin game of thrones

Few things make this season so horrible:

1. One of the things this show really suffers from, is devaluation of some characters. Tyrion going from a very competent 'acting hand' in first three seasons, to 'total nincompoop' is inexplicable. Like did the guy get hit too much in the head and lose some brain cells or something ? Tyrion from 3 seasons ago would not have made 90% of the judgement errors he has this season or last. Like his ability to read people went from 'worldclass poker champ level' to ' university activist hippie with zero life experiences'. This is disconcerting.

2. Jon never ever learns. Like wtf. He went ' Ruaaaaaaaaaaaa' to Ramsey when his bro got shot and if it wasn't for Sir Davos's quick actions to back him up with all his cavalry, Battle of the Bastards would've been over in 5 min and Jon would be hacked to so many pieces not even Melissandre could bring him back. So what does he do next ? He  goes ' ruaaaaaaaaaa' and charges the night king. In midst of enough piles of bodies to make Varanasi's samshaan ghaats fully booked for an entire year. After he's seen the night king just move his hands and re-animate the dead. So what does the night king do ? he moves his hand and re-animates the dead.....to give 1 million dead things to stop Jon from getting to him. Like wtf jon. You = a moron who never learns. 

3.  The battle plans are TERRIBLE. Like i already mentioned how much of a fail the navy battles are - if your admiral dies in the first volley or his ship implodes, its like you made your horse trainer the admiral or something as daft. Now look at the winterfell battle or the kings landing battle. 

WTF army ever goes ' i have a nice high strong wall to seperate me from the enemy. But screw that, imma gonna stand outside the wall and fight the enemy. Who outnumbers us. Or has dragons. or outclasses us' ???? Like....USE YOUR WALLS. Jon, you did this vs the wildlings of Mance, it worked. 

Not to mention, which daft idiot thought it'd make sense for the army of the living, outnumbered 10 to 1, to go ' hey horse guys- go ahead, charge, we will wait and see how you deal with 50:1 odds and cheer u on' ?!? Also, which daft punk thought it would make sense for the trebouchets- which can shoot like 1km away - to fire AFTER the horses charge ? Why the heck are the trebouchets OUTSIDE the wall and not inside !?! 

Like battle of winterfell + battle of kings landing gets 0/10 in terms of making sense as a battle. Its like Robert Arryn made the battle plans while going on ' can i make the night king fly' rants every 5 minutes. 

4. Cercei + Dany negotiation. Like...wtf ? Danny shows up with 50 soldiers, stands 100m from the gate and cercei does not just let the entire golden company rush this sorry bunch and end the war right there ? Or fire her ballistas ? Or shoot her lil bro, someone she's hated since he was born, tried her best to get him killed for allegedly poisoning her son and sending an assassin after him 3 weeks ago ?!? 

This last few seasons have not only dulled the character arcs - which i can live with, as the show writers arn't sitting all day thinking of character nuances for years on end- they've also made the realism of the warfare and strategy/tactics angle look super bad. 

Edited by Muloghonto

5. Lame explanations to major plot devices. Like the Night King coming after Bran. 'He wants to end this world and i am its living memory'. ?!??? SERIOUSLY ? So far, the Night King is rivaled only by Tywin, Rob and Stannis in terms of strategic and tactical solidity. He does not over-commit, he drives home his advantage and he knows exactly where to ambush whom. So he is gonna risk it all by coming to personally kill Bran because 'bran is the memory' ? before all the other living things are dead ? Makes ZERO sense.

All the show has to do, is to point out how the night king made the white walkers - BY TOUCHING THEM. Now imagine a powerful warg + 3 eyed raven (Bran) as a white walker. he becomes almost as valuable to the night king, if not more, than a zombie dragon. THIS MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE and it would make it why the night king has to be PERSONALLY there to touch Bran, instead of sending just 1 million zombies to kill him. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Two things make this season so horrible:

1. One of the things this show really suffers from, is devaluation of some characters. Tyrion going from a very competent 'acting hand' in first three seasons, to 'total nincompoop' is inexplicable. Like did the guy get hit too much in the head and lose some brain cells or something ? Tyrion from 3 seasons ago would not have made 90% of the judgement errors he has this season or last. Like his ability to read people went from 'worldclass poker champ level' to ' university activist hippie with zero life experiences'. This is disconcerting.

2. Jon never ever learns. Like wtf. He went ' Ruaaaaaaaaaaaa' to Ramsey when his bro got shot and if it wasn't for Sir Davos's quick actions to back him up with all his cavalry, Battle of the Bastards would've been over in 5 min and Jon would be hacked to so many pieces not even Melissandre could bring him back. So what does he do next ? He  goes ' ruaaaaaaaaaa' and charges the night king. In midst of enough piles of bodies to make Varanasi's samshaan ghaats fully booked for an entire year. After he's seen the night king just move his hands and re-animate the dead. So what does the night king do ? he moves his hand and re-animates the dead.....to give 1 million dead things to stop Jon from getting to him. Like wtf jon. You = a moron who never learns. 

3.  The battle plans are TERRIBLE. Like i already mentioned how much of a fail the navy battles are - if your admiral dies in the first volley or his ship implodes, its like you made your horse trainer the admiral or something as daft. Now look at the winterfell battle or the kings landing battle. 

WTF army ever goes ' i have a nice high strong wall to seperate me from the enemy. But screw that, imma gonna stand outside the wall and fight the enemy. Who outnumbers us. Or has dragons. or outclasses us' ???? Like....USE YOUR WALLS. Jon, you did this vs the wildlings of Mance, it worked. 

Not to mention, which daft idiot thought it'd make sense for the army of the living, outnumbered 10 to 1, to go ' hey horse guys- go ahead, charge, we will wait and see how you deal with 50:1 odds and cheer u on' ?!? Also, which daft punk thought it would make sense for the trebouchets- which can shoot like 1km away - to fire AFTER the horses charge ? Why the heck are the trebouchets OUTSIDE the wall and not inside !?! 

Like battle of winterfell + battle of kings landing gets 0/10 in terms of making sense as a battle. Its like Robert Arryn made the battle plans while going on ' can i make the night king fly' rants every 5 minutes. 

4. Cercei + Dany negotiation. Like...wtf ? Danny shows up with 50 soldiers, stands 100m from the gate and cercei does not just let the entire golden company rush this sorry bunch and end the war right there ? Or fire her ballistas ? Or shoot her lil bro, someone she's hated since he was born, tried her best to get him killed for allegedly poisoning her son and sending an assassin after him 3 weeks ago ?!? 

This last few seasons have not only dulled the character arcs - which i can live with, as the show writers arn't sitting all day thinking of character nuances for years on end- they've also made the realism of the warfare and strategy/tactics angle look super bad. 

Well if you put it that way :hmmmm2:

anyway I think they planned out how to end the story arc of each character in advance and I think the over all the character arc on paper looks good.

Among all the guys who died so far

Ser Jorah, The red woman, Benedict, Hound, Cersei,Jamie and Theon on paper had the perfect arc.

The one’s that felt under cooked are Varys and Night King.

May be the execution in getting there felt underwhelming is that right?