How can you waste 90 balls on such a surface?

zen

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Trying to study how clowns behave, couldn’t have found a better example. :two_thumbs_up:

Good luck with your study. I hope you achieve clowning glory in your thesis .... and for someone who preached common sense, it is great to see how you use it :rofl: 

More such posts from you and who knows you can grab my attention :dance:  .... Once again, thanks for the comedy. Afterall, you have some usefulness :thumb:

13 hours ago, Lannister said:

How many dot balls did tuk-tuk Sharma played? This guy was given a special treatment as an opener after he was a complete failure in the middle order and he's still not learned to keep the strike rate around 100 after all these years. A bigger phony playing for Indian cricket even more so than Dhoni. 

Appears as if your dot ball analysis has touched some tuktuks fans :hysterical:

1 hour ago, zen said:

Appears as if your dot ball analysis has touched some tuktuks fans :hysterical:

Your thread gave me some new ideas. Cricinfo didn't support this feature to look into players' dot ball percentage. I found a new way to extract this information on cricbuzz. :lol:

Second best batsman. Yeah right. 

38 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Your thread gave me some new ideas. Cricinfo didn't support this feature to look into players' dot ball percentage. I found a new way to extract this information on cricbuzz. :lol:

Second best batsman. Yeah right. 

Tuktuk's game appears to have regressed so that % is likely to keep going higher .... Ind could be in for a tough time as it would be constantly playing catch up :((

Dhawan is playing normally relatively. Need someone at other end who can try to hit a 100 of 80 balls vs a 80 of 100 balls on such surfaces.

On good batting surfaces, your batting should be confident. But you do tuktuk to not get out to try to get a 100 but you still get out more often than not before a 100 (see conversation rate)

On such wkts, goal of the team should be to reach to 200 as quickly as possible. If you get out, others get a chance to get in and deliver. You only need to be defensive for a while if you lose 2-3 wkts quickly. Not when starting out with 10 wkts  in hand 

By  tuktuking unnecessarily, your team loses out on scoring opportunities. On top of that you get out w/o playing a long impactful inning, which leaves others in a position where they have to bat even more quickly than required (or ideally would have) and therefore sacrifice consistency (esp. when they have to try to hit even good balls).  The inconsistency is then used as an excuse to do even more tuktuk to create a viscous cycle for the team

Team Ind needs to wake up!

Edited by zen