Gautam Gambhir: "No. 4 should have been a settled position by now. It is a very important slot and you can’t have a floater at No 4 because the No. 3 and No. 4 makes the core of your middle order."

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rahul only has played 1 game at 4

Factually incorrect. Besides, Rahul is not a middle order batsman in ODIs.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

shankar has not batted at 4 even once

u call that a chance

Actually,you're right here. He was tried at 3 in NZ t20s and at 5 in ODIs. Played some decent cameos with a few decent shots. That's about it. 

Still nothing to suggest that he's the answer to the middle order problem. 

And yes, I call it a chance. 

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Factually incorrect. Besides, Rahul is not a middle order batsman in ODIs.

Actually,you're right here. He was tried at 3 in NZ t20s and at 5 in ODIs. Played some decent cameos with a few decent shots. That's about it. 

Still nothing to suggest that he's the answer to the middle order problem. 

Its not about suggestion u have to give long run to right player....he looks to have all the quality 

Wrong horses leads to nowere rather give right players chance.

Shankar bats at good s/r, rotates, looks solid against pace n spin......his bowling is bonus . Give him 10-15 games. Shud have an eye for right player. 

Paney- was a leg side hack, not gr8 against spin

Rahane- struggles against spin

Rayudu- struggles against pace n bounce

DK- good for cameo

So signs were their, vijay doesnt show any obvious weekness

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In australia when? In ranchi he had to bat at 7 where u have to go bang bang

Talking about Ranchi game.

RRR was 9. 9 runs were already scored in the over. Last recognized pair at the crease. What does he do? Plays an unnecessary high risk shot and gets out. Brain fart moment. 

Bang bang is not an excuse for poor percentage cricket. He then did it again in Delhi, when he didn't have to go bang bang. What's the excuse?

Talking about Ranchi game.

RRR was 9. 9 runs were already scored in the over. Last recognized pair at the crease. What does he do? Plays an unnecessary high risk shot and gets out. Brain fart moment. 

when RRR 9.9 he wudnt have done tuk tk

Bang bang is not an excuse for poor percentage cricket. He then did it again in Delhi, when he didn't have to go bang bang. What's the excuse?

Delhi happens, has happened to every big player

Now ur having same issue as virat - no patience. Player will only learn with failure....failures are important

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its not about suggestion u have to give long run to right player....he looks to have all the quality 

Wrong horses leads to nowere rather give right players chance.

Shankar bats at good s/r, rotates, looks solid against pace n spin......his bowling is bonus . Give him 10-15 games. Shud have an eye for right player. 

Paney- was a leg side hack, not gr8 against spin

Rahane- struggles against spin

Rayudu- struggles against pace n bounce

DK- good for cameo

So signs were their, vijay doesnt show any obvious weekness

Technically no, I agree. Mentally, he does.

Look, I like Vijay Shankar but he is not a solution to our middle order problem. Was really happy for him after the last over in Nagpur but felt let down by his batting in Ranchi and Delhi.

3 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Lol He will keep the grudge till 3011. Revengeful idiot. 

So our most clutch LOI batsman ever and someone who does a lot for cmthe country as well is a revengeful idiot because he’s doesn’t kiss thalas ass? Grow up. Gambhir is spot on as usual. Dhoni is one of the main reason why we haven’t fixed our middle order in 4 years running. We have to mess with others batting spots to accommodate thala. 

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Technically no, I agree. Mentally, he does.

Look, I like Vijay Shankar but he is not a solution to our middle order problem. Was really happy for him after the last over in Nagpur but felt let down by his batting in Ranchi and Delhi.

ur expectation is to much with investment ....never happens n never works .

2-3 game men kabhi player nhin banta

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

when RRR 9.9 he wudnt have done tuk tk

Delhi happens, has happened to every big player

Now ur having same issue as virat - no patience. Player will only learn with failure....failures are important

9 runs were already scored in the over. A single or double would've been enough to meet the required rate. Again, bang bang is not an excuse for poor % cricket.

And lol, what is this same problem as Virat? Vijay clearly has a batting temperament issue. Already in his short career we've seen that he chokes under pressure. Just because you like a player doesn't mean that you make a laundry list of excuses for his inadequacies.

8 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

9 runs were already scored in the over. A single or double would've been enough to meet the required rate. Again, bang bang is not an excuse for poor % cricket.

when RRR is 9.9.....cant be satisfied with 9 runs

and again ur expectation of perfection is bizzare never have cricket ran like that 

8 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

And lol, what is this same problem as Virat? Vijay clearly has a batting temperament issue. Already in his short career we've seen that he chokes under pressure. Just because you like a player doesn't mean that you make a laundry list of excuses for his inadequacies.

no u have patience issues, vijay has no issues.....10 game men to kohli bhi kohli nhin bana tha

Isme excuse nhin comman sense hai...pick sehwag yuvraj rohit career.....take a look how long they took. Kohli didnt become kohli in 10 games 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur expectation is to much with investment ....never happens n never works .

2-3 game men kabhi player nhin banta

I never said this.

My expectation is for players to make the most of every opportunity. Delhi ODI was a big opportunity for Vijay, and he failed to grab it. That's all I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I never said this.

My expectation is for players to make the most of every opportunity. Delhi ODI was a big opportunity for Vijay, and he failed to grab it. That's all I'm saying.

at the end its just one opp .....every big career has had gone through it not one but many 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

when RRR is 9.9.....cant be satisfied with 9 runs

and again ur expectation of perfection is bizzare never have cricket ran like that 

no u have patience issues, vijay has no issues.....10 game men to kohli bhi kohli nhin bana tha

Isme excuse nhin comman sense hai...pick sehwag yuvraj rohit career.....take a look how long they took. Kohli didnt become kohli in 10 games 

Which is why I said that he should've put the ball in the gap instead and taken a single our double. RRR 9.9 and runs scored would've been 10 or 11. Even the commentators on air (LSRK, Sunny and Hayden) questioned his shot selection, so clearly I wasn't the only one.

Also, it was the last recognized batting pair. Make as many excuses as you want, it was a brain fart from Vijay Shankar.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I'm stating what I observed. Vijay has batting temperament issues. 

It is easy for Gambhir the moron to say it, who is the player who has to be backed, I don't see any player who was worth backing so far. Gill came into picture too late .

Since 2011 who are constant domestic performers who have been overlooked , since Yuvi we have not found any that is a fact.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is easy for Gambhir the moron to say it, who is the player who has to be backed, I don't see any player who was worth backing so far. Gill came into picture too late .

Since 2011 who are constant domestic performers who have been overlooked , since Yuvi we have not found any that is a fact.

Can you please tell me which player has been backed consistently for  no: 4 position for 10-12 games whose name was not rayadu & rahane.