Ashwin's "smarty" acts

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Bat is grounded, technically he is within the crease. The law says batsman can start the backing up  when the bowler has appeaared to bowl the delivery, which is true from the above pic. He has started to appeared to have been in the delivery stride. Technically it is not out. Dumbass didn't even warn him once as is the norm. And now the fatass is defending his snotty action. 

Why should he warn? That's not what the law says. 

16 hours ago, Gollum said:

He should go into HOF just for that stunt. For Pakistani cheats it was like 1971 revisited, only this time we broke their cricket teams at all levels. 

I don't know about this incident (Ashwin full sleeve). Details, please.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Bat is grounded, technically he is within the crease. The law says batsman can start the backing up  when the bowler has appeaared to bowl the delivery, which is true from the above pic. He has started to appeared to have been in the delivery stride. Technically it is not out. Dumbass didn't even warn him once as is the norm. And now the fatass is defending his snotty action. 

Though I don't agree with what Ashwin did here to get buttler out, he was fishing for him to get out, it is not in the rule book to give a batsmen a warning. He can do it without any warning. What do they say again about dating your best friends sister/brother? Its frowned upon but ain't no law that says you can't. Seriously, people needs to calm the fudge down. If anything, why isn't anyone blaming the batsmen for trying to steal a easy run by taking that extra inch of advantage? When you run someone out, that small inch of advantage the batsmen took could be the difference between out/not out. If you ask me, it's in the rule book so fair game. The rule doesn't say that they have to warn the batsmen before running them out. Neither does the rule say that the batsmen can't be out of his crease before bowler bowls the ball. If the players have a problem with that, remove it from the rule book.

Edited by Zero_Unit
3 hours ago, flamy said:

I don't know about this incident (Ashwin full sleeve). Details, please.

ok so the gimmick has its genesis in the WI tour of India in 2013 (post that  Sachin200thTest series). In one of ODIs, Ashwin aped Narine's action to the tee to amusement of commentators and Narine himself. However, it looked more like breaking the monotony and he went to his trdaitional off spin kathakn action thereafter.

Cut to 2014 Asia Cup in March 2014, and there was Ashwin in full sleeves with action resembling Narine again (arm bent was so apparent) and he got wicket in the first over itself vs Bangladesh. And he followed up with this quote post the Asia Cup :

Ravichandran Ashwin, no stranger to trying new variations, has shed some light into why he has been noticed bowling with Sunil Narine-like action in the recent past. Not one to mince words, the Indian off-spinner also admitted that bowling with full sleeves can have advantages attached with it.

Speaking ahead of their last Group 2 match, against Australia, Ashwin said: “I wanted to do something different (on his Narine-like action). Unless you try, you won’t find out what can work or not. I had never bowled in full-sleeves before. So I wanted to see how it would feel. That’s point number one.”

The 27-year-old raised a few eyebrows when he said “you can do a little bit with your elbow” when a bowler bowls with full sleeves on: “And I just wanted to see if you can get more revs (revolution) on the ball if you can do a little bit with your elbow, as much as that is. You can get a lot of advantage with these things — so why should I lag behind if someone else is getting a competitive edge.”

What a troll Ashwin :hatsoff::rotfl:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/ravichandran-ashwin-full-sleeves-narine-action

And rest was history for the likes of Chuckmal, Narine, Senanayeke (although this chucker Senanayeke helped Lanka win WT20 in 2014) etc 

Just to add one more point, he went back to half sleeves and normal action post that match vs Bangladesh, highlighting what his real intentions were throughout.

Edited by SK_IH
And rest was history for the likes of Chuckmal, Narine, Senanayeke (although this chucker Senanayeke helped Lanka win WT20 in 2014) etc 

Just to add one more point, he went back to half sleeves and normal action post that match vs Bangladesh, highlighting what his real intentions were throughout.
Just the fact that burnol sales spiked in Pakistan later due to this act by Ashwin is enough to call him the legend.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

ok so the gimmick has its genesis in the WI tour of India in 2013 (post that  Sachin200thTest series). In one of ODIs, Ashwin aped Narine's action to the tee to amusement of commentators and Narine himself. However, it looked more like breaking the monotony and he went to his trdaitional off spin kathakn action thereafter.

Cut to 2014 Asia Cup in March 2014, and there was Ashwin in full sleeves with action resembling Narine again (arm bent was so apparent) and he got wicket in the first over itself vs Bangladesh. And he followed up with this quote post the Asia Cup :

I think Bhajji got offended by this :phehe:

Ashwin in other words guardian of cricket laws lol
Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Cricket deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk