Kohli's team building is the worst in Indian history?

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

You mean you will not try a talent like Sharma in tests before discarding after he scored two hundreds in home series. I don't see any talented batsmen, do you see any if yes let me know.

Sharma and Dhawan had to be given a chance to see if they could succeed before discarding them for good.People kept talking as if Rahul was Bradman and him missing the first test in SA was the reason for that series loss.

Giving chances to 30 year old proven failures ? Are you serious , both are close to their retirement .

Both these batsmen looked like tailenders on their last overseas tours and they where picked again and they are still not discarded .

KLe failures does not justify these two being given preferential treatment . Even pujara was dropped for Rohit lol . I don’t know how you continue to defend these retarded selections

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Rishabh Pant should have started getting regular LOI opportunities at least 15 months ago.  Fact that he has played only a handful of ODIs, when India have a desperate shortage of power-hitting in the batting lineup, says it all.  

KL Rahul should have been rotated in as an ODI opener at least 5-10 times.  But he was shoved down into the middle order and then put on the bench when it was clear that wasn't going to work so well.  

These are just 2 obvious names.  Lot more could have been done, if the will was there.  Virat Kohli has shown that he values "experience" over youth and potential.  And its a strategy that has created gaping holes in the Indian middle order, and if Brohit continues slumping - at the top as well.  

Vijay and Pujara dropped to accommodate Dhawan and Rohit in WI , that was it for me . 

VJ hasn’t been the same player after that and we are lucky that Pujara somehow found form . 

Please, not entirely! He/Dhoni been harsh on young batsmen but with bowlers we made major strides. Not much trundler brigade, 2 attacking wristies as well. 

It is odd that he's been so poor in his core area, one in which he's already a legend.

I don't buy this jealousy/envy theory.

Edited by Clarke
38 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He has pushed  the team backwards by 5-6 years, specially our batting has taken a huge hit

Bowling has improved though but still has scope for improvement

True the test batting core that was given to him lost its confidence, he stuck to ttf like dhawan n rahul when dhoni dropped them during his tenure only. He didnt learn n played them again only to get KLPD. Due to this guys like shaw, mayank , vihari got late chances. Someone like vijay shankar is still not in frame

In bowling as well we have had shardul selected over Siraj n saini . 

Credit to him for improving bowlers fitness which shows in their results. 

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Rishabh Pant should have started getting regular LOI opportunities at least 15 months ago.  Fact that he has played only a handful of ODIs, when India have a desperate shortage of power-hitting in the batting lineup, says it all.  

KL Rahul should have been rotated in as an ODI opener at least 5-10 times.  But he was shoved down into the middle order and then put on the bench when it was clear that wasn't going to work so well.  

These are just 2 obvious names.  Lot more could have been done, if the will was there.  Virat Kohli has shown that he values "experience" over youth and potential.  And its a strategy that has created gaping holes in the Indian middle order, and if Brohit continues slumping - at the top as well.  

KL Rahul has shown what wonderful player he is, Pant is no sure shot but while Dhoni is around Pant cannot become keeper.How can you blame Kohli for it.

Who else is there, it is very easy to say Kohli is at fault as if he is expected to create player out of thin air.

Actually we never found that rahul is a failure in middle order he got 2-3 chances, no one shud be judged in that lesser games. 

Add shankar shud have been given no.4 slot in Ind-Aus series but they made him bat at 7 in most games 

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

You mean you will not try a talent like Sharma in tests before discarding after he scored two hundreds in home series. I don't see any talented batsmen, do you see any if yes let me know.

Dhoni tried him and he failed  infact dhoni dropped him then why did kohli go back to him when it was clear he has serious issues 

Sharma and Dhawan had to be given a chance to see if they could succeed before discarding them for good.People kept talking as if Rahul was Bradman and him missing the first test in SA was the reason for that series loss.

They have been given chances on basis on lanka bashing, if ur a good captain u need an eye to knw who will do well where. Even if i give him benefit of doubt that he doesnt have an eye ...those guys have been proven failure overseas. 

Ppl diss pandya but he has atleast 50s in SA n ENG.....rohit n dhawan till date doesnt have a 50 their

how dumb is kohli that he has backed rohit sharma who avg overseas is worse then bhuvi, ashwin 

Have you started following cricket once kohli became captain. Bloddy Sharma and Dhwan are ttf since dhonis time. Why you spread nonsense if you know nothing ho back and do kohli pooja. No talent, book crap, when kohli came he was shitting in pants during sl series against fernando and kulasekra. He was backed groomed at the age of 21 given chance to play wc, which young player did he back or brought , did he give ample chance to pant , gill he dropped after one match, agrwal, shaw in odi or even iyer. All he backed is player like pappu, ratadu,yuvi, and raina.

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Giving chances to 30 year old proven failures ? Are you serious , both are close to their retirement .

Both these batsmen looked like tailenders on their last overseas tours and they where picked again and they are still not discarded .

KLe failures does not justify these two being given preferential treatment . Even pujara was dropped for Rohit lol . I don’t know how you continue to defend these retarded selections

I am not defending anyone, you have not given me any names , just saying he has not selected is not good enough.

Pujara stunk in county cricket so he was dropped. When was Pujara dropped for Rohit I don't remember. Shaw was given debut, if he got injured is it Kohli's fault.Mayank Agarawal was given debut.These are all test openers .

Who is there to who excelled and challenged for no4 spot in odis.

We lost test series because captain was busy accumulating soft runs. When we really need ed him he **** in his pants and couldn't able to chase 50 runs when pandya was still there at other end. Same thing happened in sa best batsmen in the world  have joined the procession while chasing 200 target, ABD made lesser run than him but he won the series for sa. 

3 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Have you started following cricket once kohli became captain. Bloddy Sharma and Dhwan are ttf since dhonis time. Why you spread nonsense if you know nothing ho back and do kohli pooja. No talent, book crap, when kohli came he was shitting in pants during sl series against fernando and kulasekra. He was backed groomed at the age of 21 given chance to play wc, which young player did he back or brought , did he give ample chance to pant , gill he dropped after one match, agrwal, shaw in odi or even iyer. All he backed is player like pappu, ratadu,yuvi, and raina.

Don't teach me cricket, I have forgotten more cricket than you have known all your life. Kohli scored a fifty in his first series and helped his team win an odi series in SL. You must be kidding if you think there is another Kohli who being left out .He stunk in WI in 2011 test series and was dropped from test squad.

The only guy who has been given innumerable chances is Rohit Sharma , it is not just Kohli , Dhoni also backed him.Anybody who know cricket will give guy like Rohit chances, he is that enticing. 

Sachin was given debut at 16 , has anyone else made his debut at that age ,why because there is no other player as talented as Sachin . Instead of talking nonsense tell me who is the player who has been left out.Kohli became odi captain in 2017, you guys are talking as if he has been captaining since a decade and supressing all the talent. 

In odis since 2017 who the heck has missed out.Yuvraj, Dk and all these TTFs are being recirculated for one reason there is no talented middle order bats in domestic setup. Ashwin has not played in shorter formats because Chahal and Kuldeep have taken their chances and cemented their places.Yes some players deserved to get more chances but that happens with every captain. 

43 minutes ago, bahubali said:

We lost test series because captain was busy accumulating soft runs. When we really need ed him he **** in his pants and couldn't able to chase 50 runs when pandya was still there at other end. Same thing happened in sa best batsmen in the world  have joined the procession while chasing 200 target, ABD made lesser run than him but he won the series for sa. 

So what were other batsmen doing, eating sh*it .Did anyone stop them from scoring hard runs while Kohli was making soft runs.

52 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni tried him and he failed  infact dhoni dropped him then why did kohli go back to him when it was clear he has serious issues 

They have been given chances on basis on lanka bashing, if ur a good captain u need an eye to knw who will do well where. Even if i give him benefit of doubt that he doesnt have an eye ...those guys have been proven failure overseas. 

Ppl diss pandya but he has atleast 50s in SA n ENG.....rohit n dhawan till date doesnt have a 50 their

how dumb is kohli that he has backed rohit sharma who avg overseas is worse then bhuvi, ashwin 

Yeah right  the same SL series Rahane could't buy a run. So he was dropped rightfully so. What the hell did Rahane do in England and also Australia where he played every match. I don't see what is the big deal about Sharma playing there in SA.Any captain/coach/selector would want to exhaust all avenue with regards to Sharma . 

51 minutes ago, putrevus said:

KL Rahul has shown what wonderful player he is, Pant is no sure shot but while Dhoni is around Pant cannot become keeper.How can you blame Kohli for it.

Who else is there, it is very easy to say Kohli is at fault as if he is expected to create player out of thin air.

As bad as KL is he has had a better start to his test career than Virat himself . Yes he’s failed in few alway test series , but not as bad as Virat who got owned by Fiedel Edwards in WI , most fans here said he can’t play short ball , Averaged 8 in his first English tour , everyone concluded he  can’t play swing either . You probably don’t remember this either .

KL does not deserve to be in the test squad now , but a good captain can still give him confidence and help his career just give himself a chance at some point in future he can comeback stronger . Just like Virat himself would have to the support when everyone was writing him off . 

FYI am Virat’s biggest fan , much before some of you . way back from u19 days you will not find one post from me doubting his talent as a batsmen . It’s  his captaincy I just cant stand . 

Again stop saying there is no batting talent in India . I will not list out players names , cos if you follow Indian cricket should know it anyway , otherwise just wasting my time 

Let us take the case of Raydu  

12 July 2015 - Rayudu finished series vs Zimbabwe

Mysteriously resurfaces

11 Jun 2016 - vs Zimbabwe

15 Jun 2016 - vs zimbabwe

Next match

18 sept 2018 vs Honkong

You probably wonder why he came back in 2016. Check the list A stats for 2015/16.Not even in top 100.

ZCwTvdO.png

You should wonder how he came back in 2018.. whether he had a great 2017 Vijay hazare series? Not even close. Not even in top 100

5CRFXa1.png