M.Prasidh is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in IPL 2019

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Having watched Prasidh in lots of FC, List A and T20s including the IPL, it is my impression that he gets bounce off length balls on most surfaces and not just bouncy ones.

My point in that post was regarding not trying to add too many weapons at once. It is better to add one type of new delivery, master it for a few months and then try another one. Otherwise rookie pacers can lose their way.

Prasidh has good enough yorkers and  bouncers which he can use when he is getting hit.

Next obvious question. Can he play tests.. we need backups for Shami and Ishant. Bhuvi unlikely to play tests nor will Nattu. We have Bumrah Siraj Thakur ( he is 29) and Saini. We definitely need 3 backups. We have Mavi Nagarkotti Tyagi but they havent been through FC grind. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Next obvious question. Can he play tests.. we need backups for Shami and Ishant. Bhuvi unlikely to play tests nor will Nattu. We have Bumrah Siraj Thakur ( he is 29) and Saini. We definitely need 3 backups. We have Mavi Nagarkotti Tyagi but they havent been through FC grind. 

Prasidh and Avesh are ideal for test matches. Both have low FC averages ... are tall and quick and get bounce ... can move the ball too.

Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Avesh can be a good pool of younger fast bowlers for test matches in the near future. And waiting for Tyagi to gain FC experience.

Edited by express bowling

14 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Kind of Bounce Jofra  gets at high pace  from almost  good length with the new ball ,  No one comes close to him. 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:  

Prasidh is close.

Having watched Prasidh in lots of FC, List A and T20s including the IPL, it is my impression that he gets bounce off length balls on most surfaces and not just bouncy ones.

I would not  go that far till i see at least 4-5 matches in India  with lower bounce or pure pattas against teams like ENG, AUS , WI and get convinced

- Does he get kind of bounce like Jofra gets with new ball. ?

-  What plan B he has when he gets attacked in PP in such pitches ?

As of now my assessment - 

1. Better suited if he bowls after PP when field is spread out . Just 2 overs would be OK in PP in patta pitches.

2. Good bet for Tests & then 50 overs .

3. Just Bounce and Bouncer at same pace are not enough as Plan B .

4. Yorkers until mastered well are a bit risky option the way guys play now. 

No way down grading him. But just feel deliveries for Plan B is real priority  now else couple of bad matches and VK will forget him. 

23 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

14 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Kind of Bounce Jofra  gets at high pace  from almost  good length with the new ball ,  No one comes close to him. 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:  

Prasidh is close.

I would not  go that far till i see at least 4-5 matches in India  with lower bounce or pure pattas against teams like ENG, AUS , WI and get convinced

I don't think anyone will get bounce if it is a low and slow pitch.

On normal pitches, he will get bounce.

-  What plan B he has when he gets attacked in PP in such pitches ?

We will see what plan he has ... only time will tell.

As of now my assessment - 

1. Better suited if he bowls after PP when field is spread out . Just 2 overs would be OK in PP in patta pitches.

2. Good bet for Tests & then 50 overs .

3. Just Bounce and Bouncer at same pace are not enough as Plan B .

4. Yorkers until mastered well are a bit risky option the way guys play now. 

No way down grading him. But just feel deliveries for Plan B is real priority  now else couple of bad matches and VK will forget him. 

I agree with most points. But my point is that if he tries to add too many variation deliveries at once, he may lose his strengths like Khaleel did.

Yorker at the base of off stump ... 1 type of slower ball ... and bouncer at the back shoulder ..  should be the variations for rookies. That should be their plan B if they are getting hit.

47 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I don't think anyone will get bounce if it is a low and slow pitch.

On normal pitches, he will get bounce.

We will see what plan he has ... only time will tell.

I agree with most points. But my point is that if he tries to add too many variation deliveries at once, he may lose his strengths like Khaleel did.

Yorker at the base of off stump ... 1 type of slower ball ... and bouncer at the back shoulder ..  should be the variations for rookies. That should be their plan B if they are getting hit.

Agree mostly , 

My fear is that right now he will have some bad matches on patta pitches esp. vs ENG, AUD, WI kind of teams &  TM need to be pragmatic about it . That s why he needs to  get control on deliveries  he aIready has to bowl them as & when required and add couple of more tricks .

Do not want him get attacked in the initial stage of his career  and then gets dropped  and forgotten for a year or more like what happened with Siraj. He is already 25 .

It would be OK with tier2 teams but players like Rohit, Finch, WI hitters, Bairstow , Roy, Buttler  -even on normal pitches with  pace at 140+ won''t be enough unless you deceive them in bounce and pace .

That is what bothers me since he is little rare specie , perhaps  the only 1  in India having such height PLUS 140-145 + K and needs to be handled well .

3 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Agree mostly , 

My fear is that right now he will have some bad matches on patta pitches esp. vs ENG, AUD, WI kind of teams &  TM need to be pragmatic about it . That s why he needs to  get control on deliveries  he aIready has to bowl them as & when required and add couple of more tricks .

Do not want him get attacked in the initial stage of his career  and then gets dropped  and forgotten for a year or more like what happened with Siraj. He is already 25 .

It would be OK with tier2 teams but players like Rohit, Finch, WI hitters, Bairstow , Roy, Buttler  -even on normal pitches with  pace at 140+ won''t be enough unless you deceive them in bounce and pace .

Prasidh needs to be guided by Arun and Shastri about this aspect even before it happens. 

They should tell him what balls to use when he gets hit ... and he will get hit. 

That is what bothers me since he is little rare specie , perhaps  the only 1  in India having such height PLUS 140-145 + K and needs to be handled well .

Exactly !!  

I was waiting for a 6'3" + pacer bowling well at 145 k+ for a very long time.

Kartik Tyagi would qualify too.

By the way, what do you think about Avesh Khan ?

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh needs to be guided by Arun and Shastri about this aspect even before it happens. 

They should tell him what balls to use when he gets hit ... and he will get hit. 

Exactly !!  

I was waiting for a 6'3" + pacer bowling well at 145 k+ for a very long time.

Kartik Tyagi would qualify too.

By the way, what do you think about Avesh Khan ?

Has not he taken too long a time to come good without very serious injuries ?

That points to something about focus for me . 

Could have seriously woken up now . 

1. In T20  - One improvement i see in Yorkers , but need to see can he replicate that in IPL under dew ? What else he can do to deceive top tier batsmen , not very sure . In that case bit tough to succeed in T20.

2.  In tests - For me he is behind Prasidh , Mavi, Porel - reason they can get an opportunity only in SENA  and where there is some help and bounce i would prefer Krishna  .

If i were a selector i would do my best to bring these guys in following order to India team ASAP -in different formats-  

1. Prasidh - Test & 50 Overs

2. Mavi .  -  50 Overs & test 

3. Kartik Tyagi -  Test & T20

To achieve that  will see to that they are front runners in India A teams , get selected with India Team in 15-18 or as net bowlers and also given chances vs tier 2 teams like BD, SL, WI 

Edited by prudent_kreeda

Many a times a bowler looks good at Domestic level where we see ball bouncing around nose , getting beaten to rising balls . 

Domestic batters are not at that level to attack those deliveries. Same deliveries get thrashed when they are bowled at international level esp . SENA batsmen unless you really make them hurry with pace or movement and bounce.

Kartik   Mavi are better in Pace and zip , Mavi also gets big inward movement at pace . Kartik - scary kind of bowler . Threatening bouncer & Yorker.  Like such bowlers who become enforcers.

Porel better in movement and bounce -will be good when there is help in the pitch.

Hence my preference for these 3 as they have something more than just pace already , needs to develop further.

Edited by prudent_kreeda

I hope Bharat Arun sits with Prasidh and tells him beforehand which variations to try when he gets hit. (  and getting hit is inevitable in some overs )

It is better to try those variation balls which Prasidh is executing well in the nets.

And I hope Prasidh works hard on his yorker.

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Did not bowl enough good length balls after great success with this length in the last match.

This part is puzzling !!

He is facing , arguably best opening pair in odis on a batting frndly wicket. He will learn that trying too much variation against top players do not necessarily help. He should know that these players will ponce on variation unless its a surprise 

Good come back . Am relieved that he has good control over Yorker now itself. 

Just need control to bowl hard back of length balls again & again .

Kohli should not use him more than 2 overs in PP .

Use him in middle overs .

More than anything, he should be seriously  considered for Test team , he should be next in line .

Edited by prudent_kreeda

Superb death bowling by Prasidh.

Bowled lots of quick, indipping and accurate yorkers.  The one that bowled Buttler was amazing !!

Mixed them up with good bouncers.

Bowled good channel balls too.

Bowled a couple of slower balls.

Looks like we have have got another good 140 k+ pacer with white ball skills, after Bumrah.

6 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Good come back . Am relieved that he has good control over Yorker now itself. 

Just need control to bowl hard back of length balls again & again .

Kohli should not use him more than 2 overs in PP .

Use him in middle overs .

More than anything, he should be seriously  considered for Test team , he should be next in line .

Prasidh is looking much better with a slightly older ball.

Maybe he has slight problems controlling the brand new ball. Many good pacers have had this issue.