Whom you would have selected in place of Kartik, shankar & Jadega?

Pant in place of Karthik

Extra pace bowler Saini instead of Dhoni's love of life: Jadeja

DK is a water selection. Dhoni is super fit and isn't going to get injured. Besides we have Rahul who can keep decent. So if we had taken Pant along and we realise we lack sloggers down the order we could have played him as a batsman. 

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

Pant in place of Karthik

Extra pace bowler Saini instead of Dhoni's love of life: Jadeja

DK is a water selection. Dhoni is super fit and isn't going to get injured. Besides we have Rahul who can keep decent. So if we had taken Pant along and we realise we lack sloggers down the order we could have played him as a batsman. 

May be DK is a better guy to have in the dressing room for chit chats? lol 

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Ashwin, not sure! But I see what you mean. He is definitely more dependable than jaddu, with the bat. 

he has a lot more variety now n i have never seen him in more control of his carrom ball then this IPL. We can actually make him bat up the order, he is someone in that dressing room who can comeup with out of box idea. His range of variety will atleast make opp think about him 

Jaddu is one tone bowler , not much variety . 

Shankar deserved a spot and provides "3-dimensions" to the game. His bowling might be a little more useful in swinging conditions in England.

DK vs Pant was always going to be 50-50. Neither is likely to play in the starting XI. 

Maybe the reason they selected Jadeja (in addition to being Dhoni's buddy) was that Hardik playing all matches is going to take a toll on his fitness given that he is expected to bowl 10 overs and contribute quick runs with the bat.

I know Jadeja is not a No. 7 bat, but while playing against relatively weaker sides, they might play Jadeja at 7 and four bowlers and rest Pandya