Most Important Player for India

Most Important Player for India in Worldcup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Most Important Player for India in Worldcup?

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

you can see other way too that kohli even if gets out on first ball duck in big match still bumrah will bowl all his 10 overs in same match.

Circumstantially, even Bumrah can have a bad day like Kohli going for a duck. 

If wickets were seam bowling friendly, I would have weighed bowlers more since some deliveries will be unplayable from the outstanding ones. With flat tracks, I'm inclined to favor batsmen in this discussion.

20 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Circumstantially, even Bumrah can have a bad day like Kohli going for a duck. 

If wickets were seam bowling friendly, I would have weighed bowlers more since some deliveries will be unplayable from the outstanding ones. With flat tracks, I'm inclined to favor batsmen in this discussion.

Bumrah's value increases cause it's gonna be totally flat track and he will still be main weapon for india against top sides. On seaming wickets even bhuvi, shami & shankar can be lethal. On flat pitches rohit and dhawan will join party as well.

Edited by Nikola
1 hour ago, Nikola said:

I mean either of kuldeep and bumrah will pick up 25 wickets and shami more likely around 20 (considering he will be rested in few matches) pandya will play almost all matches so should get 14 - 15 wickets. If we are playing 9 league matches & i considered india to play till final so add 3 more matches which means 120 total wickets. Yeah we are playing on flat tracks but not all teams will be having strong batting attacks like england does.

9 league + SF + F = 11 games

1 minute ago, zen said:

9 league + SF + F = 11 games

rip i was considering old worldcup format and included quarter final so yeah remove 2 - 3 wickets for each bowler but still expecting someone to pick 23 - 25 wickets (if they play all matches)

80 %  for Bumrah. :shock:

Nice to see everyone realising how crucial he's going to be rather than going all gaga over our batting. 

Well regarding the topic, If  the wickets are going to be as flat as the typical English post 2015 wickets, then I'd say Rohit Sharma is on par with Bumrah as our most important player. Yes , even more important than Kohli. 

His ability to score those 150s and 170s with ease  on flat beds and go berserk once set will come in more than handy for us. That also allows Dhawan and Kohli to play their natural game i.e Dhawan playing positively in the PP and Kohli anchoring the innings. 

Can't wait for this to begin. :flute:

7 hours ago, Nikola said:

Bumrah's value increases cause it's gonna be totally flat track and he will still be main weapon for india against top sides. On seaming wickets even bhuvi, shami & shankar can be lethal. On flat pitches rohit and dhawan will join party as well.

Bumrah & others are obviously very valuable but Bumrah can be watched out while targeting other bowlers. That doesn't happen with a top order batsman. 

My definition of MVP is simple: how often can a player churn out a Man of the Match performance. It usually is biased towards batsmen due to tracks & conditions. If the conditions were bowling friendly, we would see more bowlers take 4 or more wickets a match and decisively turn a game. These days it's mostly hundreds by batsmen & some big ones, which Kohli is quite consistent at. 

Going by general ICC tourney record, Dhawan seems a good bet as well.

Bumrah has failed to deliver in all knock matches both in odis and T20s .Kohli carried Indian team in last two T20 world cups atleast.he need to deliver big time this world cup but Bumrah needs to be that enforcer which Zaheer was in 2011 for India to do well.