Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

People like @Lannister who moan like no tomorrow that a language is being imposed on them forget that they have enforced Kannada on the Tulu, Konkani and Marathi speakers in their own state. This intensified under Sidda. Naturally they voted against. Pot kettle black

Ha ha.. Majority of people want Tulu as the 3rd language instead of Hindi. There are many native languages found within Karnataka and we should help to preserve these languages. 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Ha ha.. Majority of people want Tulu as the 3rd language instead of Hindi. There are many native languages found within Karnataka and we should help to preserve these languages. 

why not marathi?

29 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Dravidic troll spotted. 

Falsehoods spread:

1. Tamil has a longer history than Sanskrit ( False). Sanskrit has a longer history than Tamil and it is decisive. No linguistic authority in the world date Tamil to be older than 2nd century BCE, while Vedic Sanskrit has a terminus ante quotem ( the minimum age) of 1000 BC. This minimum age is verified by comparison with other Indo-European languages existing at 1000 BC, namely, Hittite ( of which, we have inscriptions) as well as highly Sanskrit-influenced Hurrian language of the Mitanni, who are known to've existed from 1500BC - 1200 BC. 

From the period of 200 BC - 900 AD, we have far more literature in Sanskrit than in any other language and the second most prolific language, in terms of literature and inscriptions of this period is Kannada, closely followed by Telugu. Tamil inscriptions and writing undergo an explosion from 600 AD-1300 AD period, when the Pallava king Mahendravarman started the system of dual Sanskrit-Tamil inscriptions in Tamil country and Sanskrit-Telugu inscriptions in the Telugu country. Prior to Mahendravarman, the Pallava inscriptions were exclusively in Sanskrit language, using Tamil-Brahmi script. The real explosion of Tamil comes from around 850 AD onwards, with the rise of Vijayalaya Chola and the Chola empire. 

2. Iravathan Mahadevan, one of the foremost epigraphists in Indian history and himself a Tamil, has published decisive evidence of how Tamil brahmi is descended from Brahmi, a script used in the north from prior to 300s BC at the very latest. 

43 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

History dating way back can be debatable regarding who claims what...But what about the 1956 Republic of India decision regarding linguist division of states? 

Mentioned at the very beginning of the link

"The States Reorganisation Act, 1956 was a major reform of the boundaries of India's states and territories, organising them along linguistic lines.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Reorganisation_Act,_1956

So, what's your point? What's there to dispute in this? Congress reorganized the states based on language. 

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

History dating way back can be debatable regarding who claims what...But what about the 1956 Republic of India decision regarding linguist division of states? 

Mentioned at the very beginning of the link

"The States Reorganisation Act, 1956 was a major reform of the boundaries of India's states and territories, organising them along linguistic lines.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Reorganisation_Act,_1956

Bewakoof, the right to regional administration under Indian sovereignty does not exclude the national sponsorship of any other language within the state.

Indians should be tri-lingual at the most part - English, Hindi & Mother tongue. This is the way forward and regardless of what quivering morons think, its already happening. And this happening does not mean the said mother tongue is wiped out or endangered, not unless your said mother tongue is literally measured in just a couple of lakhs as some random tribe here or there. 

Native languages with dozens of MILLIONS of speakers, present for 1000+ years isn't just going to disappear due to Hindi prevailing. 

FYI, over 80% of Sweden, Denmark and Netherlands are fluent in English. Their language & arts isn't disappearing. over 70% of Germans, Austrians & Finns speak English and their languages are not dying either. So grow a pair and stop whining. 

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

Bewkoof hoga tera baap are teri maa who brought a scumbag into this world, just go & fold your wife's bra & panties while she has her leash tight on you. :phehe:

I knew a duffer like you couldn't respond to the point presented and instead go into gaalis because you are too stupid to argue against me and too proud to concede the point like a real Sikh. 

So here is it for you:

No, the only bewakoof are the uneducated wife-beaters like you who laugh at the notion of folding laundry and think its 'womens work'. 

PS: Atleast mujhe pata hai ki mera baap kaun hei. Tere jaise suwwar to randio se payda hote hain. lagta hai tera baap koi atankwaadi sardar tha, is liye hi tu etna sardari atankwaadio ka darpok chamchaa hai. 

Ab jaa sale naali ke kire, mods ke paas complain kar. Tere bheje me to dum nahi, sirf rona hi ata hai. 

Just now, Under_Score said:

Dispute is that politicians don't give a fcuk about what was agreed upon in the past...they just twist & bend what suits them...that is why Indian politicians will make sure that the country will remain a shithole...all this while you guys keep doing their pooja.

What was agreed upon was the right to statehood because of language. What was not agreed upon was the notion that Hindi or any other language shall not find official sponsorship in the states, when the local state language already gets sponsorship. 

All the pu$$y sikhs are leaving India it seems, which is why all the anti-India whining Sikhs are not in India but outside, while the Sikhs in India continue to be shining beacons of overachieving minority. 

10 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

STFU panty sniffer...I have never gone and complained to any mod here about any poster...

Liar. 

I just told you to meet so that I can teach you a lesson of life time...you chickened out...gutless coward :facepalm:

Abbe newly arrived to Canada from butt-f#ck nowhere Punjab, this isn't your local galli. Have some love for your poor laundry-slave wife, because if you try to teach me a lesson of a lifetime, you'd end up in jail or possibly deported form this country. Seems like gandus like you who laugh at doing household chores and marry a household naukraani care less about their wives plight than I do. 

...there are so many posts here from other members who have shown you your aukat......but you're a thick skinned shameless moron....:rofl:

My aukaat is way higher than you, which is why you always chicken out of rebutting my point with facts and logic. Because YOU ar one of the biggest bewakoofs on this forum, what the Punjabi steriotypes are made of. 

Keeping crying about your sorry life and why you couldn't achieve much in life. :two_thumbs_up:

I am quite happy with my life, probably way richer than you already and I have never whined about my life, ever. Go build houses for your chinese and white masters and leave the thinking jobs to your superiors.

Had you focused on your career instead of being a slave to your wife, you would've achieved something in life.....more importantly...Happiness :wp1:

One day your wife will leave you, when she finds out that this is the 21st century, not the 19th century where husbands rape their wives and only wives cook & do laundry, while the husband comes home form work and drink whisky.  That is the day you will understand, that a real mard doesn't shy away from household duties nor does he hold his wife hostage at home. 

Edited by Muloghonto

6 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

@Muloghonto

Today's relaxing spirit is Irish Whiskey Jameson :nice:

You have crap taste in whisky. 

To the Happiness & well being of my community which is enjoying life with continued success and becoming more affluent each passing year. :two_thumbs_up:

Same here, except i don't define my community as just Bengalis but all Indians. Too bad your heart isn't big enough for that. 

Haters can keep hating, we don't care.:wp3:

If you didnt care, you wouldn't be willing to risk deportation to 'teach me a life lesson'. I know it hurts because its true - you lot in Canada are buzhdil terrorist supporters. 

https://www.firstpost.com/politics/tamil-should-be-made-compulsory-in-all-central-govt-offices-in-tamil-nadu-demands-mk-stalin-following-controversy-over-hindi-imposition-6765101.html

MK Stalin :clap2:.

This should have been done decades ago. People serving in the government offices should know the language of the state. You can't just use English and get away with it.

The study surveyed 155 government websites and found that only four websites were available in regional languages, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Bengali.

As the debate over Hindi imposition continues, a pro-Kannada organisation — Kannada Grahakara Koota — has released a study that shows that more than a hundred central government websites are not available in regional languages like Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Bengali.

"It is not an issue of technology. The general public is unable to consume official government websites and applications in any language other than English and Hindi," explains Arun Javagal, a member of Koota.   

The guidelines for Indian government websites compiled by the National Informatics Center, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology also stated that "ideally, all the pages on the website should be translated in Hindi and regional languages." 

"In case it is becoming difficult to do so, departments should identify the content that is widely accessed by the public and begin to put up such content in multiple languages. It must be ensured that documents/pages must be updated in multiple languages simultaneously so that there are no inconsistencies at any point," reads a section of the guidelines. 

In 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked all central ministries to make their websites available in all officially recognised Indian languages. 

However, the survey by Kannada Grahakara Koota suggests that steps to implement this have not yet been taken. 

In addition, the survey also noted that among 62 government mobile applications, only seven apps were available in any two or more regional languages considered for the survey. Over 88% of the applications were unavailable in regional languages. 

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/many-central-govt-websites-unavailable-regional-languages-pro-kannada-group-says-102966

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

You have crap taste in whisky. 

Same here, except i don't define my community as just Bengalis but all Indians. Too bad your heart isn't big enough for that. 

If you didnt care, you wouldn't be willing to risk deportation to 'teach me a life lesson'. I know it hurts because its true - you lot in Canada are buzhdil terrorist supporters. 

This is true to some extent. The big Gurudwara in Mississauga has Khalistan written on its stage right behind where people sing Gurbani. No kidding. 

Yes & there is Bhrindranwale photo inside the golden Temple Amritsar....He wanted Khalistan. 

Bhindrawale may be for a different reason but it is pretty strange that name should be up in a Gurudwara in Toronto. It may be because of some bad apples.  That is the only Gurudwara I have been nervous going to. I am very regular at Gurudwaras whichever place I am at.

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

If his photo is still in India at the golden Temple...then what's the big deal if it's in any other part of the world. The fact is...Khalistan movement is DEAD....I have no idea why people are still paranoid :phehe:

Bhindrawale was a hero for some.

Yes the movement is dead . Then why have that name in a Gurudwara. Nikaal do bhai. People from other countries including Pakistan also visit that Gurudwara. 

17 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Bcoz Canadian Government doesn't give a damn about India regarding this matter nor do the people who own the Gurudwara.

Here is the pic of Canada PM visit to Amritsar  

2s11ulg.jpg

Sar jhuk gaya bhai - Only place where we as a family found peace. Can sit here for hours and hours and hours.

Ik Onkar sat naam karta purakh 
Nirbhay, nirvair, akaal murat
Ajoni sabham, Gur Parsad jap
Aadh sach, jugaadh sach
Hain bhi sach 
Nanak ho se bhi sach

21 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Bcoz Canadian Government doesn't give a damn about India regarding this matter nor do the people who own the Gurudwara.

Here is the pic of Canada PM visit to Amritsar  

2s11ulg.jpg

Toronto is OTT on religious harmony. I have seen English and Sikhs in Isckon temple.

Similar diversity in Khalsa Parade and Indian festival by Isckon.