NO MORE WORLD CUPS IN ENGLAND

6 hours ago, mishra said:

What time is reserved for Ashes?

Lets agree that ECB can not organise Ashes and Workd Cup in a single season in England. 

Definitely. As I say I hate the ECB and they can never do anything right in my eyes. I think it's too much. This season should have been about the world cup only. Maybe a minor Test series against SL or Ban in May, then ODIs in june then WC from mid July to end of August which would also tie in with school holidays.

Players could then have Sept off at least before a ridiculously busy winter (Tests in NZ, SA and SL)

The blame squarely lies with ECB and ICC

In 2015, ACB moved the 2015 Ashes to avoid clash with Cricket World Cup 2015 because they are competent board and to.avoid unnessarily.ong cricket season. 

But fecktards ECB and ICC didn't and ECB wanted to squeeze a 2 month long World Cup with EcB's own tour of 5 Ashes tests and one day games, the consequences is the sh!te show of a stop start world.cup we have now affected with no room for reserve days and seasonal rains. 

Agree with OP, England should be last choice to host ICC events, fecking pricks 

Just now, chewy said:

The blame squarely lies with ECB and ICC

In 2015, ACB moved the 2015 Ashes to avoid clash with Cricket World Cup 2015 because they are competent board and to.avoid unnessarily.ong cricket season. 

But fecktards ECB and ICC didn't and ECB wanted to squeeze a 2 month long World Cup with EcB's own tour of 5 Ashes tests and one day games, the consequences is the sh!te show of a stop start world.cup we have now affected with no room for reserve days and seasonal rains. 

Agree with OP, England should be last choice to host ICC events, fecking pricks 

ECB is going to get lot of flak during and after the wc .

Feel hi nahin aa rahi ki wc bhi ho raha hia .

28 minutes ago, Stumped said:

The 2014/15 Ashes was shifted at the ECBs request. Without it the ICC FTP had England down as touring for 6 months straight during the winter with no breaks between tours or the world cup. The 2015 world cup didn't clash with the typical Australian Ashes dates.

There is no ODIs against Australia this summer (we played them last summer). There is barely any notable difference between the average rainfall in June/July (when the World Cup is being played) and August/September (when the Ashes is being played). Extending the World Cup any longer than the current 46 days would be a bit ridiculous.

BS, ECB are bunch retard moneybags,

ACB initiated change to.avoid WC clash

chances are that tomorrows match between India and Pakistan will be heavily affected by rain. this is the big ticket match of every WC and it stands threatened to be cancelled out because ECB cunts want to preserve their precious Ashes tournament. If your priority is to be focused on the Ashes, then don't bid to host the ODI World Cup. 

8 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Ashes venue cities (all of which are also World Cup venues) average rainfall in June/July (when the World Cup is on) and August/September (when the Ashes is on). Rainfall days are in brackets.

London June: 43mm (13)
London July: 41mm (14)
London August: 48mm (13)
London September 49mm (15)

Birmingham June: 60mm (17)
Birmingham July: 50mm (18)
Birmingham August: 50mm (18)
Birmingham September: 60mm (18)

Leeds June: 40mm (13)
Leeds July: 41mm (12)
Leeds August: 41mm (14)
Leeds September: 45mm (13)

Manchester June: 80mm (20)
Manchester July: 60mm (20)
Manchester August: 80mm (21)
Manchester September: 70mm (20)

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though.

Then don’t host WCs at all. People spend a lot of money coming from all over the world just to see your shitty weather. Let other countries bid

Edited by FischerTal
5 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Ashes venue cities (all of which are also World Cup venues) average rainfall in June/July (when the World Cup is on) and August/September (when the Ashes is on). Rainfall days are in brackets.

London June: 43mm (13)
London July: 41mm (14)
London August: 48mm (13)
London September 49mm (15)

Birmingham June: 60mm (17)
Birmingham July: 50mm (18)
Birmingham August: 50mm (18)
Birmingham September: 60mm (18)

Leeds June: 40mm (13)
Leeds July: 41mm (12)
Leeds August: 41mm (14)
Leeds September: 45mm (13)

Manchester June: 80mm (20)
Manchester July: 60mm (20)
Manchester August: 80mm (21)
Manchester September: 70mm (20)

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though.

Well regardless- it shows that if cricket is a sport that cannot be played in rain and a wet outfield then it makes no sense to host any future WCs in England where there is a chance of a lot of rain in EVERY month of the summer. We're not talking about a meaningless ODI series or even Ashes for that matter. This is the WORLD CUP- teams prepare hard for 4 years, only to result in soggy wash outs in england, no thank you. And this is coming from someone who lives here.

Lets face it even if the WC is never held again in England, not much is going to change; without free to air TV coverage ( even of a bloody WORLD CUP) there is no way the younger generation of english kids will be interested or take up the sport. When the cricket board itself only cares about short term TV revenue over the future of the game then it's the best course of action.

Ideally future WCs should only be held in SC, Aus/NZ and South Africa.

11 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Can anyone on here tell me where the world cups of 1975, 1979 and 1983 were held , the dates played and number of games lost to the weather ?

Its 2019. Earlier game was watched in fromt of handful of enthusiasts with very few matches and players were strictly not professional.

Right now, its different ball game as fans have brought their expectation and money into it. So no point in cimparing games from 50 years back.

btw: if you have done that much hard work take the pain of comparing number of matches telecats rights viewersship count , ground / technology requirement and so on

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

Its 2019. Earlier game was watched in fromt of handful of enthusiasts with very few matches and players were strictly not professional.

Right now, its different ball game as fans have brought their expectation and money into it. So no point in cimparing games from 50 years back.

btw: if you have done that much hard work take the pain of comparing number of matches telecats rights viewersship count , ground / technology requirement and so on

Hmmmmmm, and weather in June different ?

Which is my point , 3 world cups all starting in begining of June , one game lost 

According to the long range forecast the weather in July will be **** in the North but better in the South, especially the South East (a normal summer pattern). The ICC has to move the semis from Old Trafford and Edgbaston (the two wettest grounds in the country) to the Oval or Lord's. They have to do it NOW!!! I love the North and am proud to be from here but to hold a semi successful cricket tournament you have to have most games in the South, so the two London grounds and Southampton have to have priority. You would have northerners complaining but it is just common sense

Edited by YCCC
16 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Hmmmmmm, and weather in June different ?

Which is my point , 3 world cups all starting in begining of June , one game lost 

We are loosing more games because there are matches every day. Also, now a days, they want everything dry ( pitch and outfield). And billions are watching each time floo show happens.

So problems are: 

Money from Broadcasters have forced one match a day.  

Technolgy available to third umpire ( hawkeye, ball tracking snicko) is limited in count.

And offcourse more matches.

7 minutes ago, YCCC said:

According to the long range forecast the weather in July will be **** in the North but better in the South, especially the South East (a normal summer pattern). The ICC has to move the semis from Old Trafford and Edgbaston (the two wettest grounds in the country) to the Oval or Lord's. They have to do it NOW!!! I love the North and am proud to be from here but to hold a semi successful cricket tournament you have to have most games in the South, so the two London grounds and Southampton have to have priority. You would have northerners complaining but it is just common sense

Believe me, while ECB can silence sky and other Broadcasters, but media outlets in Asian countries are so angry and disappointed that they are discussing impact of weather on tournament. I am not sure if Aussies are cussing too

1 minute ago, mishra said:

We are loosing more games because there are matches every day. Also, now a days, they want everything dry ( pitch and outfield). And billions are watching each time floo show happens.

So problems are: 

Money from Broadcasters have forced one match a day.  

Technolgy available to third umpire ( hawkeye, ball tracking snicko) is limited in count.

And offcourse more matches.

This world cup was awarded in 2006 before anyone could see those problems arising . 

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

Believe me, while ECB can silence sky and other Broadcasters, but media outlets in Asian countries are so angry and disappointed that they are discussing impact of weather on tournament. I am not sure if Aussies are cussing too

I had no doubt you'd all be chuntering. Was bad enough in the last two CTs. Think British broadcasters just accept our weather is a problem and it's not worth discussing, whether ECB censorship exists on this topic  (as it certainly does  for the Hundred shite) or not.

As I say the best and easiest solution would be to play most games, including all the "big" games in London and Southampton where dry weather is most likely to occur as high pressure drifts up from mainland Europe. This week was exceptional even by our standards. Usually the South escapes the worst of it and if it hits them it is usually only a couple of days.

If you are interested in meteorology there are a few articles about why it's been so bad. I have a slight interest in weather and meteorology but only in summer to see if I can watch/play cricket or not

Edited by YCCC