SF1: Ind vs NZ Pre-Match Discussion Thread (WC19)

zen

My team for semifinal 

Rohit (C) 
KLR
Rishabh
Virat 
Kedar Jadhav 
Hardik 
DK (WK) 
Bhuvi
Mohd Shami
Kuldeep
Jasprit Bumrah

Top 7 bat

Total 6 can bowl

MSD not in my team

Rohit will captain since Virat anyway can't lead without MSD

DK will keep

Rishabh Pant plays pinch hitter at no:3 especially while chasing to not allow RRR to climb high 

11 hours ago, Vijy said:

I'd like to see the following XI with the following order: KLR, Rohit, VK, Jadhav, Dhoni, Pant, Pandya, Bhuvi, Shami/Jaddu, Kuldeep/Chahal, Bumrah

What I think we will get: KLR, Rohit, VK, Pant, Dhoni, Pandya, DK, Bhuvi, Shami, Chahal, Bumrah

I guess you are right. 

9 minutes ago, shychipmunk said:

My team for semifinal 

Rohit (C) 
KLR
Rishabh
Virat 
Kedar Jadhav 
Hardik 
DK (WK) 
Bhuvi
Mohd Shami
Kuldeep
Jasprit Bumrah

Top 7 bat

Total 6 can bowl

MSD not in my team

Rohit will captain since Virat anyway can't lead without MSD

DK will keep

Rishabh Pant plays pinch hitter at no:3 especially while chasing to not allow RRR to climb high 

Okay I want what you are smoking... because this isn’t happening.

10 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Our batsmen hv already faced Amir (who has been phenomenal) and Starc in this WC.     So, Boult should not be a threat.    Only dilemma is whether to go with 2 spinners or 1 spinner.    I think we should go with 1 spinner. (Chahal)

If we play him off as we did with Amir and Starc we should be good.

Edited by IndianRenegade

Why are people here wanting to play Jadeja and that too as a batter in the top 6 ? :facepalm:

This is a world cup semifinal FFS. 

We have to trust Pandya as our out and out 5th bowler. He has done a decent job at that too. 

Anyways , my team ....

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Mayank

Pant

Pandya

Dhoni

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Chahal 

Yes.... I will play Mayank for DK. And yes, I know that he's yet to play an ODI but he can be more useful than DK. 

And KulCha must play. 

Edited by Norman
3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Why are people here wanting to play Jadeja and that too as a batter in the top 6 ? :facepalm:

We have to trust Pandya as our out and out 5th bowler. He has done a decent job at that too. 

Anyways , my team ....

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Mayank

Pant

Pandya

Dhoni

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Chahal 

Yes.... I will play Mayank for DK. And yes, I know that he's yet to play an ODI but he can be more useful than DK. 

And KulCha must play. 

I don’t see India risking a player without even playing a warm up game in the eleven. Also the conditions are going to be overcast, last time we have VJ Shankar to get the breakthrough against Pakistan, wouldn’t bhuvi make more sense than one of kulcha?

8 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

I don’t see India risking a player without even playing a warm up game in the eleven. Also the conditions are going to be overcast, last time we have VJ Shankar to get the breakthrough against Pakistan, wouldn’t bhuvi make more sense than one of kulcha?

Yes Shankar got us the breakthrough , but it was Kuldeep who won us that game by picking up Babar and Zaman who were well set. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yes Shankar got us the breakthrough , but it was Kuldeep who won us that game by picking up Babar and Zaman who were well set. 

True, kuldeep is a wicket taker. But not sure if we can afford both kuldeep and chalal on track which might not offer much for the spinners.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Anyways , my team ....

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

Mayank

Pant

Pandya

Dhoni

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Chahal 

And KulCha must play. 

virtually zero chance of TM playing mayank with no prior matches.