Kohli's reaction on Pant's dismissal

27 minutes ago, Pollack said:

It was a move to protect Dhoni. After 5 wickets, it's safe narrative nobody stayed hence he needed to play out overs. It's just sheer luck that Jadeja produced a blinder out of nowhere.

But why people and media is not asking these questions. Why are they blindly worshipping Dhoni and Kohli.

37 minutes ago, youngindia said:

I am stating the requirements of the situation... did i expect pant and pandya to succeed? more on hope and less on reason. As far as reason is concerned, they precisely did what i expected them to do.

No it wasn't steep enough to merit any such high risk shots..not even close..

To be successful and mature, they have to manage asking rate with more high percentage methods,,,they have to handle problems and crisis better,

when they do these things better, they will be  mature and successful.

Yesterday's shots were dumb in idea and execution and will only result in more failures if they do not unlearn their immature way of thinking...How one handles a problem or crisis COUNTS  A LOT in life...a climbing asking rate is hardly one of life's toughest crisis

that asking rate was also a reason for loss in the end. They never caught up with the asking rate. Dhongi's tuk tuk did not help as usual.

4 hours ago, youngindia said:

I really wish players watch previous matches and observe carefully

What the likes of bevan have showed is chases can be done with no risks as long the target is not prohibitive and the opposition is average.

I didn't lose hopes at all at 5/3 or even when Karthik fell. I knew NZ was not a lethal side.

What was missing was sensible mature players.

we would have won if players didn't anything that silly even from 5-3

The job of Pandya/Pant wud be considered very good if they had taken the team to 130+ even at 3.7 an over

If they got a jaffa, bad luck.,but that was not what happened..both of them played brainless shots to put the match under jeopardy and gave it away

Either they shud have got the knowledge by watching matches of the past carefully..or they shud have been given knowledge by seniors,,,They lacked the match awareness and that proved costly..

the next season, they shud be given stern tasks to finish matches themselves ..they shud make themselves competent on strategy and big picture...or they will do this suicidal stuff again and again

How many teams have survived from 24/4 in a chase on a tough pitch in a WC semi final? Sending your hitters for blocking was a complete brainfade