5 stages of indian liberals !!!

velu

8 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Criticise Burqa as much as you can, but it is not going to change the fact that these little girls are not learning "self defence", but they are being brainwashed to learn hatred and fanaticism. 

It is exactly the same brainwashing which we see in the Jihadi Madrasas. 

After this brainwashing, these little girls would not be able to do their own "freethinking", and they will be following only the hatemongers fanatic RSS leaders. 

I guess you don't think girls should have "PE lessons".

34 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Criticise Burqa as much as you can, but it is not going to change the fact that these little girls are not learning "self defence", but they are being brainwashed to learn hatred and fanaticism. 

It is exactly the same brainwashing which we see in the Jihadi Madrasas. 

After this brainwashing, these little girls would not be able to do their own "freethinking", and they will be following only the hatemongers fanatic RSS leaders. 

Thanks for the sarcasm 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Every voice matters, these celebs and cricketers have following, reach...can spread awareness to those who don't follow politics. Every voice matters, a simple tweet here, a status update there, a change in DP, small things can go a long way. Rather than bashing a group or country, a positive message in favor of own country perhaps? We has to speak as one. They aren't liked by 90% of the population, won't make a big difference. In fact general mood is pro-nationalism, pro-army, sponsors/ads all have nationalism as a theme. 

Need to be careful there, everything in moderation or we'll become a Hindu Pakistan.

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What does that even mean? How is that possible? How is that related to the bolded bit? 

Nationalism is healthy in moderation but anything in excess becomes unhealthy. Right now we haven't reached extreme nationalism but we must keep that in check to avoid picking up self destructive habits. Someone like Anshul Saxena who keeps reporting social media posts by average people who vent out negativity about India in the end lose their jobs. Humans are imperfect and will make mistakes but a social media post should not result in getting sacked from their livelihoods, this will increase their resentment. What people say in social media should not be taken seriously as actions matter more than words and we can contribute productively through actions. My fear is that we have one Anshul Saxena right now, but in future if we end up having many Anshul Saxenas then even saying something like "I don't like India" will invite trouble.

All addictions start with that one cigarette, one bottle of beer or "ek baar try kar ke dekh lo yaar, apne dost ke liye". Be mindful. 

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

Nationalism is healthy in moderation but anything in excess becomes unhealthy. Right now we haven't reached extreme nationalism but we must keep that in check to avoid picking up self destructive habits. Someone like Anshul Saxena who keeps reporting social media posts by average people who vent out negativity about India in the end lose their jobs. Humans are imperfect and will make mistakes but a social media post should not result in getting sacked from their livelihoods, this will increase their resentment. What people say in social media should not be taken seriously as actions matter more than words and we can contribute productively through actions. My fear is that we have one Anshul Saxena right now, but in future if we end up having many Anshul Saxenas then even saying something like "I don't like India" will invite trouble.

All addictions start with that one cigarette, one bottle of beer or "ek baar try kar ke dekh lo yaar, apne dost ke liye". Be mindful. 

Nationalism in a country like ours can never be bad, so many threats around us and within. Expressing public support for your country or taking India First stance can never be unhealthy.

Anshul does a great job at exposing our media, especially vernacular. He brings to light incidents which the ecosystem would prefer be buried deep. He exposes the hypocrisy of the society, I have seen him question all sections of the society. The only time he caused loss in jobs was post Pulwama when some of our countrymen were celebrating the terror attack. You mean to say we can't take that seriously? Would you rather allow such people in your surroundings unchecked....just so that you can be PC? One of those rats who celebrated Pulwama was later involved in the Sri Lankan Easter attack. He was reported by some of our handles (I think one of them was squintyneon) but police took no action. Does that sit right with you? Should we be tolerant towards potential suicide bombers and IS recruits? Anshul reports posts by average SM users to expose their hypocrisy and mindset, he tags their employers only when there is an element of threat. He tags police handles if some law is broken, especially when they are slow to react. He does what most sensible people would do, him having a better reach/following is an advantage.

I think we need 100 more Anshuls, guy is a gem, you understand what risks he is taking due to his SM activities? He was recently asked to address a pro-Balochistan event in Germany, do you think he won't be in the cross-hairs of enemies of India?  

Where exactly does the 'Hindu Pakistan' thing come from? Because of Anshul or because of taking a pro-India stance? I am really curious to know how any country can be Hindu or Christian or Buddhist Pakistan? Is it even possible? Who protected OBL? Any equivalence elsewhere? 

Edited by Gollum

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nationalism in a country like ours can never be bad, so many threats around us and within. Expressing public support for your country or taking India First stance can never be unhealthy.

Anshul does a great job at exposing our media, especially vernacular. He brings to light incidents which the ecosystem would prefer be buried deep. He exposes the hypocrisy of the society, I have seen him question all sections of the society. The only time he caused loss in jobs was post Pulwama when some of our countrymen were celebrating the terror attack. You mean to say we can't take that seriously? Would you rather allow such people in your surroundings unchecked....just so that you can be PC? One of those rats who celebrated Pulwama was later involved in the Sri Lankan Easter attack. He was reported by some of our handles (I think one of them was squintyneon) but police took no action. Does that sit right with you? Should we be tolerant towards potential suicide bombers and IS recruits? Anshul reports posts by average SM users to expose their hypocrisy and mindset, he tags their employers only when there is an element of threat. He tags police handles if some law is broken, especially when they are slow to react. He does what most sensible people would do, him having a better reach/following is an advantage.

I think we need 100 more Anshuls, guy is a gem, you understand what risks he is taking due to his SM activities? He was recently asked to address a pro-Balochistan event in Germany, do you think he won't be in the cross-hairs of enemies of India?  

Where exactly does the 'Hindu Pakistan' thing come from? Because of Anshul or because of taking a pro-India stance? I am really curious to know how any country can be Hindu or Christian or Buddhist Pakistan? Is it even possible? Who protected OBL? Any equivalence elsewhere? 

I'd change in previous post from Hindu Pakistan to a 'Nationalist' Pakistan. But you get my point when I use the term Pakistan, I meant toxic obsessive tendencies.

Anshul has reported posts from some random hdfc bank employee who did trash talking about Modi and India, I don't remember the tweet but that guy did lose his job after I read hdfc's response. I remember in pre social media days where there would be a section of our community which would support Pakistan during cricket games, but instead of taking a tough action against them they would be ignored as naive people and life went on. 

I do not support at all what that hdfc employee said but sacking him from his job was wrong, this is the flaw of a secular democracy where people can talk any trash they want to but still better than a police state where you have to suppress yourself completely. I don't want India to become an internet police state.

42 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I'd change in previous post from Hindu Pakistan to a 'Nationalist' Pakistan. But you get my point when I use the term Pakistan, I meant toxic obsessive tendencies.

Bhai Pakistan is a unique nutcase. There will never be another equivalent of that country.

Anshul has reported posts from some random hdfc bank employee who did trash talking about Modi and India, I don't remember the tweet but that guy did lose his job after I read hdfc's response. I remember in pre social media days where there would be a section of our community which would support Pakistan during cricket games, but instead of taking a tough action against them they would be ignored as naive people and life went on. 

I do not support at all what that hdfc employee said but sacking him from his job was wrong, this is the flaw of a secular democracy where people can talk any trash they want to but still better than a police state where you have to suppress yourself completely. I don't want India to become an internet police state.

He doesn't bother about trivial things, at least doesn't tag. I don't remember all the stuff but if HDFC sacked a guy cos of Anshul, he must have posted something really bad. 

PS: I think your memory failed you. HDFC sacked a Hindu employee based on a Muslim's complaint...some FB post talking about referendum of Muslims. Just search Uzair Rizvi HDFC....

LINK

But if you have the link of Anshul Saxena's hand in sacking of some HDFC guy you can share it. From my memory it is the liberandu-peaceful cabal that does this sacking thing over trivial stuff...remember the Dubai chef Atul Kochar? He was sacked because of this, peacefuls led by Rana Ayyub/Rifat Jawaid started a pan-India movement to mount pressure.

Image result for Atul Kochhar tweet

Edited by Gollum

13 hours ago, MechEng said:

I can understand the wider point you're making - if we ban all kinds of dissent then it becomes very dangerous for a democracy. However, we need to make the distinction between criticizing the government and waging war against India and the posts that get reported are overwhelmingly in the latter category. Celebrating terrorists or mocking our brave jawans or making inflammatory statements which threaten the territorial integrity of India should be unequivocally condemned and punished. It should not allowed under the garb of freedom of speech. Where I do agree with you is when this sometimes goes in the other direction and criticism of the government is seen as "seditious" and that is not acceptable either. However, as far as Anshul is concerned, I think he mostly reports derogatory messages about Hinduism or blatantly anti-India posts (like the scum who celebrated Pulwama etc).

On 9/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, Gollum said:

Bhai Pakistan is a unique nutcase. There will never be another equivalent of that country.

He doesn't bother about trivial things, at least doesn't tag. I don't remember all the stuff but if HDFC sacked a guy cos of Anshul, he must have posted something really bad. 

PS: I think your memory failed you. HDFC sacked a Hindu employee based on a Muslim's complaint...some FB post talking about referendum of Muslims. Just search Uzair Rizvi HDFC....

LINK

But if you have the link of Anshul Saxena's hand in sacking of some HDFC guy you can share it. From my memory it is the liberandu-peaceful cabal that does this sacking thing over trivial stuff...remember the Dubai chef Atul Kochar? He was sacked because of this, peacefuls led by Rana Ayyub/Rifat Jawaid started a pan-India movement to mount pressure.

Image result for Atul Kochhar tweet

No, it's not that hdfc incident then. I clearly remember a guy getting fired for just saying derogatory stuff on Modi but don't  remember when was that. At that instant I felt that it was enough and this internet policing needs to be toned down a bit.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, Dil Dil India said:

I can understand the wider point you're making - if we ban all kinds of dissent then it becomes very dangerous for a democracy. However, we need to make the distinction between criticizing the government and waging war against India and the posts that get reported are overwhelmingly in the latter category. Celebrating terrorists or mocking our brave jawans or making inflammatory statements which threaten the territorial integrity of India should be unequivocally condemned and punished. It should not allowed under the garb of freedom of speech. Where I do agree with you is when this sometimes goes in the other direction and criticism of the government is seen as "seditious" and that is not acceptable either. However, as far as Anshul is concerned, I think he mostly reports derogatory messages about Hinduism or blatantly anti-India posts (like the scum who celebrated Pulwama etc).

Yes, but bad habits are easy to pick. It is right to report genuine treason but this power provided by social media can be exploited in the name of displaying love for country, hence the internet policing.

This is not related to social media but in an interview Owaisi was forced to say "Bharat mata ki Jai" though he refused I guess. Now it is right to confront him if he deliberately plans treason in the future but forcing him to say "Bharat mata ki Jai" for displaying genuine patriotism is childish.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:38 AM, MechEng said:

Yes, but bad habits are easy to pick. It is right to report genuine treason but this power provided by social media can be exploited in the name of displaying love for country, hence the internet policing.

This is not related to social media but in an interview Owaisi was forced to say "Bharat mata ki Jai" though he refused I guess. Now it is right to confront him if he deliberately plans treason in the future but forcing him to say "Bharat mata ki Jai" for displaying genuine patriotism is childish.

I am quite sure that politician has never said "BMKJ". That whole thing was a stupid gimmick. The context was IIRC someone from Nagpur claimed that Kashmiri students / JNU should also be saying BMKJ...I think this was post the tukde tukde episode. This somehow turned into a debate about how everyone is being forced to say BMKJ when that is not even close to being true; just some politicians typically trying to gain cheap mileage. I think most Indians prefer Jai Hind to BMKJ anyway (even among Hindu Indians). 

Coming back to the original point, I do agree with you that if left unchecked it is potentially very dangerous. I am only saying that Anshul has been fighting the good fight thus far. Social media shouldn't be used as a platform to propagate anti-India sentiments. Let's not forget Ghafoora and ISI goons have paid morons to do their dirty social media work. We would be playing into their hands if we let everything go unchecked. As it is the likes of Rana and Shehla get away with slinging mud at the army and making atrocious claims which are unsubstantiated and not backed by evidence. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:04 PM, Gollum said:

@someone most of Bollywood isn't pro-BJP. But I don't want them to be, they just need to be pro-India. 

Why do you say this?

And how do you gauge the "pro/anti-India" levels in an industry.

In the recent past, it the movies with not so subtle patriotic undercurrents which have done well at the Box Office.

Most of Akshay Kumar's recent movies, Uri, Raazi, Padmavati etc.

As an industry Bollywood can't afford to have a single unflinching stance. They have to make what sells. And flavour of the season is nationalism. 

I think the definition of a liberal or progressive differs from country to country. I know that in the current climate a sensible liberal would align with moderates in other developed nations of the world. Right wing in USA has moved so far to the right that there views are extremist. Surely there are similar left wing elements, but they are fringe.

4 hours ago, Audiophile said:

I think the definition of a liberal or progressive differs from country to country. I know that in the current climate a sensible liberal would align with moderates in other developed nations of the world. Right wing in USA has moved so far to the right that there views are extremist. Surely there are similar left wing elements, but they are fringe.

What about Muslims? They seemingly are tagged with " liberals " despite their questionable position on women rights, LGBT, freedom of religions. Isn't that right wing?

10 hours ago, someone said:

What about Muslims? They seemingly are tagged with " liberals " despite their questionable position on women rights, LGBT, freedom of religions. Isn't that right wing?

American Muslims are LOT less radicalized than  other countries. Acutually White Supremacy is a bigger problem than radical Islamist ideology.