Cummins, a metronomic legend

Pat Cummins is the best bowler in the world today. Any format, any team, any pitch, any country; Pat Cummins is my first choice.

However, it's not because he has pace: Bumrah and Archer are much more muscular, much more pacy. Bumrah and Archer are pure workhorses, built to rely on raw pace. But Cummins has something more important, something more eternal: skill and the cerebrum. Every delivery that Cummins bowls is right on a coin. He is the bowler today for whom an accuracy rating of 100% can be ratified.

Pat Cummins is today's Glenn McGrath. He is today's Shaun Pollock. 

I was surprised Cummins couldn’t manage to bowl even one good quality yorker  today. Kept bowling length to the lower order.

Starc or Bumrah in rhythm would have finished off the match today in the Ashes. 

So yes he’s good but still isn’t a complete bowler. And even if he’s number one in rankings other bowlers are not far off

5 hours ago, lamellavig said:

Pat Cummins is the best bowler in the world today. Any format, any team, any pitch, any country; Pat Cummins is my first choice.

However, it's not because he has pace: Bumrah and Archer are much more muscular, much more pacy. Bumrah and Archer are pure workhorses, built to rely on raw pace. But Cummins has something more important, something more eternal: skill and the cerebrum. Every delivery that Cummins bowls is right on a coin. He is the bowler today for whom an accuracy rating of 100% can be ratified.

Pat Cummins is today's Glenn McGrath. He is today's Shaun Pollock. 

he is a great bowler but he is as susceptible as any one to bad matches. got outbowled by hazelwood, archer and woakes in the match.