Express bowlers are born, not made, like this one.

First class

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Last I saw him, he was clocking 145KPH in KPL 2019.  here is a link, watch at 8.25.  Speed isnt shown but commentator says 143K

Yes, he does say 143 kph.

And the next ball is inside edged to which the commentator says, too quick to handle.

Visually too, Prasidh looks very quick in this spell

Tall, hit the deck, quick bowler ... very international type ... being ignored.

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and i have watched him him hitting 145 live in this KPL.

I remember you posting the 145 k speed at that time.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes, he does say 143 kph.

And the next ball is inside edged to which the commentator says, too quick to handle.

Visually too, Prasidh looks very quick in this spell

Tall, hit the deck, quick bowler ... very international type ... being ignored.

I remember you posting the 145 k speed at that time.

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/karnataka-premier-league-2019/final-tuskers-vs-tigers/1440001931

watch KP final and Krishna bowling from 36:00 onwards

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Prasidh Krishna in the first spell of the KPL final.

1st over 

142 k

141 k

142 k

144 k

140 k

-

2nd over

139 k

141 k

142 k

139 k

140 k

-

And the foreign commentator says that he is bowling within himself as he has normally bowled 145 k. ( or something to this effect ). Keeps referring to his extra pace constantly.

He is running in well and looking very quick and bouncy.

And people are making up speeds of 128 k to 130 k just for whining purpose.   :phehe:

-

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Not talking about random and unplanned opportunities but planned grooming and development of international type pacers ... which includes them playing as many FC games as possible.

One of the biggest development steps in a fast bowler's career is playing lots of FC games.  It teaches him how to bowl long spells, how to sustain pace and intensity and how to play for 4 or 5 days at a stretch. There is no substitute to this step.

Prasidh has played just 6 FC games in 4 years despite averaging 22 in FC. 

Avesh has played just 20 FC in 6 years although he is averaging 23.

Why are they / were they not getting sufficient FC games for their state sides despite being genuine wicket takers ?

And Avesh, although he has been picked for the A-team 4 day game squads from time to time, has missed more games than he has actually played. Even today he misses out to Umesh Yadav and is sitting on the bench.

Feels as if I am banging my head against the wall. So I'll end it here. Go on crying about not a proper grooming proces when Avesh is part of the A team setup/Duleep Trophy squads.

BTW I'd not be surprised if you started mocking Avesh and Prasidh soon, like you mock Khaleel now, if they ended up not bowling 145+ to meet your expectations. 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Feels as if I am banging my head against the wall. So I'll end it here. Go on crying about not a proper grooming proces when Avesh is part of the A team setup/Duleep Trophy squads.

You have this great ability of missing the point. Or you do it deliberately just to engage in your favourite past time of whining !

I was clearly talking about Prasidh and Avesh not getting to play enough FC games till date   (  ignored by their states despite having good FC stats )  and this slowing down their development process.

And Avesh having to sit on the bench a bit too often despite being a part of the A-team squads.

BTW I'd not be surprised if you started mocking Avesh and Prasidh soon, like you mock Khaleel now, if they ended up not bowling 145+ to meet your expectations. 

I don't mock Khaleel. I was deeply disappointed by the fact that he had changed his bowling style ( of hitting the deck hard for steep bounce )  which was his USP ...  and cutting down on pace ( which is again much easily avoided if young pacers have sufficient FC experience and Khaleel wasn't given this opportunity  ). And wanted Khaleel to work on his pace and play FC cricket instead of T20Is for India. Then come back a more complete bowler.

I also liked the fact that he has started hitting the deck hard in the last ODI series and did not really mind when he went for a lot of runs in the last match. Pointed it out many times.

I want Avesh and Prasidh to be groomed specially and quickly but am not really suggesting that they be included in Team India immediately.

But if Avesh or Prasidh or any other Indian pacer changes his bowling styles or cuts down on pace or loses accuracy then I would be similarly disappointed.

Why would their well wishers be happy if they lose potency  or  their original bowling style which brought them this far  ?  

Only Khaleel's enemies would be happy if he floats the ball up at 128 kph.  

But I do understand that you are not interested in facts or a mature debate ... but you are here just to quarrel baselessly, like you tried by making up Prasidh's speeds in the KPL.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh Krishna in the first spell of the KPL final.

1st over 

142 k

141 k

142 k

144 k

140 k

-

2nd over

139 k

141 k

142 k

139 k

140 k

-

And the foreign commentator says that he is bowling within himself as he has normally bowled 145 k. ( or something to this effect ). Keeps referring to his extra pace constantly.

He is running in well and looking very quick and bouncy.

And people are making up speeds of 128 k to 130 k just for whining purpose.   :phehe:

-

When he first played KPL a a few years back, he used to clock 130-136 but when he played IPL next year, he clocked 134-142 and then the next IPL, he clocked 138-150.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he also is stronger now at 23, he was now 19 back then. Most important thing is he has a really good bowling action.

Prasidh needs to be played the full Ranji season in 2019-20.

He must be one of the bounciest front line quicks in India now.

14 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Our teenage fast bowlers, Nagarkoti and Mavi, were comfortably quicker than any Pakistani or any other fast bowler in that tournament and both bowled at express speeds.

And the main thing is ... they were all measured under the same speed guns.

Moreover, I wonder why these new " teenage " fast bowlers like Hasnain did not play the U19 WC  ?   Is it because the age testing process is rather good and strict these days.  Someone like Shaheen was a true teenager, who drops speeds rather frequently.

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Our teenage fast bowlers, Nagarkoti and Mavi, were comfortably quicker than any Pakistani or any other fast bowler in that tournament and both bowled at express speeds.

And the main thing is ... they were all measured under the same speed guns.

Moreover, I wonder why these new " teenage " fast bowlers like Hasnain not play the U19 WC  ?   Is it because the age testing process is rather good and strict these days.  Someone like Shaheen was a true teenager, who drops speeds rather frequently.

yeah bone density has its way of disclosing uncomfortable truths :phehe: like you are not a 19 year old 'kid' but you are that kind of naughty 'kid' like the ever 16 afridi.

Edited by Vilander
8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Aquib Qureshi 21 year old, 6 foot 6. enough said!

Screenshot_20190917-113009.png

Trilok Nag 19 year old, 6 foot 6. 

Screenshot_20190730-103045.png

Mohsin Khan 21, 6 foot 4

That's good, the lad looks tall , strong and fit , can become a real good fast bowler. I would like to know more about him, what he is up to, from cricketing perspective ? What's his pace ?