India vs SA, 3rd T20I, Bangalore

Mosher

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

India should never copy England's methods.Untill India has proven middle order top three have to continue their ways. 

England dont have a copyright on batting the right way in LOI cricket.  Its not about the method, its about the outcome.  India need to figure out a way to get more consistently successful in putting up par+ totals when batting first.  This will require a change in tactics, maybe even in personnel.  And it will take time and multiple attempts to figure out the method that works best for them.  But not trying is not the answer. 

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Hey listen,better ignore what i post here,dont be sour or i will have to pour something ,you wont like it

when you post opinions on a forum, be prepared for other perspectives.  Grow a thicker skin kiddo.  I see a dumb-ass opinion, I'm going to call a spade a spade.

Just now, sandeep said:

This is right up there in terms of the dumbest things you've said. Ever.

Bangladesh's strength is slow finger spin.  So they should "stick to their strength" in test cricket, instead of working on developing wrist-spinners and pace bowlers.  How does that work for them?

It is the demand of the T20 format, that you build a team capable of scoring 200 regularly, build a batting line-up that can consistently score at a high run-rate, even in the face of losing a couple of wickets.  Of course 160 is better than 130.  But that excuse doesn't mean that you justify a glaring weakness, and instead of working on fixing it, talk foolishly of "sticking to our strengths". 

Unless your primary desire is to see more consistent big scores from only the top order batsmen, and lower priority on team outcomes.  I mean if that's what baba without the dot wants, then fine.

Let’s take 2 most successful test openers in the last decade. Cook and Sehwag. both succesful in their own right. You don’t ask cook to play like Sehwag or Vice versa.

if we are 60/3 after 5 overs we will not get too far but England or WI  might do better because they have the fire power. Similarly if we are 20 for no loss after 4-5 we can still get to 180 but England or WI might implode.

I get what you are saying that teams need to get going in the T20 format but we just don’t have the combo. You can’t expect that as long as it is the same combo. Period.

If you are happy with what your current formula is producing with the current players then you carry on if not you change the players. However good luck trying to drop Kohli or Rohit or even Dhawan from a LoI side 

Just now, sandeep said:

when you post opinions on a forum, be prepared for other perspectives.  Grow a thicker skin kiddo.  I see a dumb-ass opinion, I'm going to call a spade a spade.

Abe dadu you seem to be talking at a wrong place,not a place for an oldie like you,dont bother me ,i have better understanding of the game,you dont have to advice me what should i post 

Just ignore,simple remedy 

Just now, sandeep said:

England dont have a copyright on batting the right way in LOI cricket.  Its not about the method, its about the outcome.  India need to figure out a way to get more consistently successful in putting up par+ totals when batting first.  This will require a change in tactics, maybe even in personnel.  And it will take time and multiple attempts to figure out the method that works best for them.  But not trying is not the answer. 

I never said England have copy right.It is all about method not the outcome.Unless you have stronger middle order top three cannot and should not go for risky shots.They are good enough up to catch even batting first.

The approach you are talking about will not work with this top three , you cannot change them this late in their careers.Dhawan is iffy T20 play at best.I would want Rahul as opener in t20s.Kohli is good enough to adapt according to conditions.

You cannot expect Kohli to Josh Butler, so if they get good starts you might see Pandya coming in at no3.He is the only legitimate hitter in this team.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz he looks to swing the ball by pitching it up

bhuvi in last few years has bowled more back of the length .........unless u pitch it up u dont allow it to swing 

Bhuvi has played enough cricket , he knows he needs to pitch it up for it to swing.It is not by design that he is not pitching it up, as bowler you lose your swing when you try different things.

Kapil lost his outswing for years after his effor to learn inswinger.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Bhuvi has played enough cricket , he knows he needs to pitch it up for it to swing.It is not by design that he is not pitching it up, as bowler you lose your swing when you try different things.

After he got his pace up he concentrated more on bowling that length to show hsi pace n bounce

In test he has whole day so he looks to stick to his strength and he swings the ball in test .He hasnt lost it just bowling wrong length ...on those length no one wud be able to swing the ball 

In international cricket everyone knws what to do , it all depends how good a mindset are u in.....

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Saini getting tonked. Another Umesh Yadav in the making? Also his pace doesn’t have the same zip you see in Umesh,Shami or Bumrah 

Umesh yadav problem has been mindset and skill with kookabura n dukes ....to say that we need to see him for a longer time

This was an ideal pitch to tonk saini with his pace and he lacks variation. T20 is about variations

Edited by Ankit_sharma03