Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

On 1/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, Need4Speed said:

I didnt think Mavi bowled with full intensity..either someone advised him to focus more on line and length or may be he wants to prevent injury..

in any case..he wont survive at intl level without pace..

Not sure of Mavi, but can definitely see that Umran is not going full throttle, seems like clear direction from TM to not to go overboard.

May be trying to prevent any further injuries to the available fast bowling group.

Mavi looked v.ordinary in the 3 T20s batters were able to hit him v.easily 

6 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Not sure of Mavi, but can definitely see that Umran is not going full throttle, seems like clear direction from TM to not to go overboard.

May be trying to prevent any further injuries to the available fast bowling group.

Mavi looked v.ordinary in the 3 T20s batters were able to hit him v.easily 

Thats true as well..Umran could hv bowled faster

On 1/8/2023 at 1:40 PM, express bowling said:

After seeing Umran standing besides Indian players we know, I think his height is 5'10".

He is a bit taller than was initially thought.

Manhas maybe an inch taller and around 5'11" 

he is shorter than Umran, maybe around 5'8

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

That is very short, shorter than Monu Kumar

One thing Indian fans never appreciated of our pacers from the 90s and 2000s was height, all of them were quite tall and built bar agarkar, srinath, prasad, zaheer, nehra, Irfan, balaji, munaf were taller than the Pak pacers, vrv Singh, Sudeep tyagi, Mithun were all good height, except wasim Akram and asif most Pak pacers were not so tall. 

59 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Tyagi and Sen .. both 6'2" and both bowl 137 k to 147 k / 150 k. 

Prasidh 6'3" can do it in T20Is.

Don't think tyagi is 6'2", just a inch taller than Siraj so 6'0", porel is quite tall, kaverrapa probably the tallest pacer around in domestic cricket, prithviraj Yarra people have forgotten him but he has all the right credentials but injured sadly. 

56 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Don't think tyagi is 6'2", just a inch taller than Siraj so 6'0", porel is quite tall, kaverrapa probably the tallest pacer around in domestic cricket, prithviraj Yarra people have forgotten him but he has all the right credentials but injured sadly. 

kartik is 6'2, Porel is 6'3. Kaverrapa is a trundler, similar height 6'2-3. 

2 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

One thing Indian fans never appreciated of our pacers from the 90s and 2000s was height, all of them were quite tall and built bar agarkar, srinath, prasad, zaheer, nehra, Irfan, balaji, munaf were taller than the Pak pacers, vrv Singh, Sudeep tyagi, Mithun were all good height, except wasim Akram and asif most Pak pacers were not so tall. 

I still remember a test game against sl there was kuruvilla prasad nilesh kulkarni kumble ( or replace prasad with srinath i cant quite remember one was injured i guess) then there were some tall batsmen liek azhar etc. SL tallest player was Vaas.. it looked funny to see sl basmen walk into the field when the indian team huddled. 

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I still remember a test game against sl there was kuruvilla prasad nilesh kulkarni kumble ( or replace prasad with srinath i cant quite remember one was injured i guess) then there were some tall batsmen liek azhar etc. SL tallest player was Vaas.. it looked funny to see sl basmen walk into the field when the indian team huddled. 

Nilesh was very tall, got thrown in a very flat pitch and got discarded, way superior than Sunil Joshi, looked good in a odi in Pakistan 97, ankola, vaidya, Ganesh, sidhu, vengsarkar, shastri, wv raman, Vikram rathore another tall batsman, seems like Indian cricketers have gone shorter.