ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

On 2/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, Real McCoy said:

I'm asking for a game between you and me #4 and #5 since it looks like the remaining games are gonna be forfeited

I distinctly remember beating you earlier in the tournament. Nonetheless, its fine by me.

Given that me and you and to a lesser extent @FischerTal @Lannister @Straight Drive are the only ones to finish our games on time, we can have that match up.

So, as I understand winner of #4 and #5 plays #3. Lets call this Pool A.

In Pool B #1 plays #2.

Winner of Pool A plays with the loser of Pool B. And the winner of this game plays the winner of Pool B in the finals.

Much like the IPL format, with eliminators et al.

ammirite @FischerTal ?

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I distinctly remember beating you earlier in the tournament. Nonetheless, its fine by me.

Given that me and you and to a lesser extent @FischerTal @Lannister @Straight Drive are the only ones to finish our games on time, we can have that match up.

So, as I understand winner of #4 and #5 plays #3. Lets call this Pool A.

In Pool B #1 plays #2.

Winner of Pool A plays with the loser of Pool B. And the winner of this game plays the winner of Pool B in the finals.

Much like the IPL format, with eliminators et al.

ammirite @FischerTal ?

I also beat @Straight Drive and @The Dark Horse to whom I guess you lost. Dark horse is missing his chance to level up with both of us. In that case, there would be a three way tie for the fourth spot. That's my point. Or maybe, we can allow one more week. Dark horse, @Lannister and @GautiMaan have shown some intent over this past week. But I'm sad to say the others are probably busy. So there games can be forfeited. if @FischerTal wants to get this done as soon as possible, your option sounds very sensible

its Monday now. everyone who hasn't played forfeits their match. it seems unfair but this thing has gone on for too long and honestly even Im losing interest. if we are to do this again in future, people have to decide a specific time when they will be free and put it on a calendar so we can get matches done on time.

6 hours ago, FischerTal said:

its Monday now. everyone who hasn't played forfeits their match. it seems unfair but this thing has gone on for too long and honestly even Im losing interest. if we are to do this again in future, people have to decide a specific time when they will be free and put it on a calendar so we can get matches done on time.

I hear you. What if there is a match between two dormant players. Who gets the forfeited points :phehe:  I saw @The Dark Horse and @GautiMaan show some initiative. What happens to them. And what is the knockout format. Am I in it?

Edited by Real McCoy

@FischerTal Maybe if we are to do this in the future, we can play on weekends in one month. I know some people have something to do in the weekends. There are 4 weekends and 8 days at the minimum to finish the matches. I guess that's more than enough. For those who are super busy, they can arrange one weekend to finish all their matches. I saw when this idea came up, there were a few people who were quick to say yes to the tournament but are unwilling to take the initiative to finish their matches. Its been two months since the thread was started right. Nobody is that busy dude. If they are willing to sign on to ICF and spend a few minutes here, they can surely spend 10 min max to finish one game.

7 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Maybe just create an ipl style fixture list in future,matches are supposed to happen on certain days and everyone plans accordingly,this will also keep people interested.