Match thread : Ind vs NZ 1st T20i, Auckland

On 1/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, RajBan said:

I am even ok if he and couple others migrate to Nepal or Bangladesh. Unfortunately they can't go to Pakistan otherwise even that would have been fine. But again the TM is shameless as hell. They don't give a damn , only remedy is take them out of those decision making roles. Regardless of on field performance, the damage they are causing to the upcoming players and harming the team composition, more than negates their contribution and is leading to a toxic and hypocritical culture.

Playing for a country like Nepal would be too much pressure. Imagine getting out playing an ugly hoick against Singapore during some Asian qualifier event and missing out on funding as a nation for the next world cup cycle. Playing IPL or international cricket for India is a piece of cake.

Some say, for instance, Sachin's feats are that much more special because of the pressure, the expectations from billions of fans, bla bla. That is not pressure, that is a privilege. I would say whatever he faced fades into insignificance compared to, say, any Associate player plugging away in Div 3 of the WCL. They, unlike Sachin, are playing for their and their teammates' livelihoods. A single dropped catch, a missed bye, all of these make the difference between playing professionally for four more years or not ... that is pressure. And your failure is not letting down a bunch (or a billion) random strangers, you are ending the playing careers of some of your best friends. That is pressure - everything else is a privilege.

P.S.: Sorry for the rant <insert potato>

Edited by abc
2 hours ago, abc said:

Playing for a country like Nepal would be too much pressure. Imagine getting out playing an ugly hoick against Singapore during some Asian qualifier event and missing out on funding as a nation for the next world cup cycle. Playing IPL or international cricket for India is a piece of cake.

Some say, for instance, Sachin's feats are that much more special because of the pressure, the expectations from billions of fans, bla bla. That is not pressure, that is a privilege. I would say whatever he faced fades into insignificance compared to, say, any Associate player plugging away in Div 3 of the WCL. They, unlike Sachin, are playing for their and their teammates' livelihoods. A single dropped catch, a missed bye, all of these make the difference between playing professionally for four more years or not ... that is pressure. And your failure is not letting down a bunch (or a billion) random strangers, you are ending the playing careers of some of your best friends. That is pressure - everything else is a privilege.

P.S.: Sorry for the rant <insert potato>

No worries. We are all ranting here for some reason or the other.

13 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

really frustrating to see  Bhuvaneshwar  Kumar getting sidelined  in T20s. Has a great record in T20s. In his place Shami with a very modest record in this format is playing.This is what you get when a good for nothing shameless drunkard parasite is made coach of the team.

Kumar is out because of sports hernia and has undergone a surgery. Will probably be back after a couple of months.

Edited by Mosher
6 hours ago, abc said:

Sachin's feats are that much more special because of the pressure, the expectations from billions of fans, bla bla. That is not pressure, that is a privilege.

that was not  privilege ....  that was real real pressure on lots of occasions. Only the fans who closely followed Sachin right from the start of his career could  understand this in its full magnitude.

Edited by rtmohanlal
On 1/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, SRT100 said:

Wanted to get your thoughts here?

I noticed a few Indian players are getting injured/hurting their shoulder fairly regularly while fielding.

With Australian cricketers, this appears to be less occurring, I am sure there is or has been AFL/Rugby players that have trained Aussie cricketers in the art of rolling correctly when fielding.

Hrmmm well i guess there is a few ways of looking at it, i would probably need a bit more info regarding training grounds that are most commonly used. Outfield conditions etc.

Im not certain there are many studies that have been done over here regarding cricket injuries, there are several that have been done, mostly for AFL, i believe a couple for rubgy regarding injuries and how they can be minimised.

Some issues come into play with grounds that are used for multiple sports (mostly AFL and cricket) and how the conditions need to be slightly different. And then there is a timing factor, ie. When in the season these injuries happen, are they more likely in preseasons etc.

Im not sure this really answers your question at all. Just a point worth considering. Do we also add in potential of different genetic traits between the two countries as another factor?

Or maybe it does all come down to different training methods?

Personally i think as a general rule, its best to assume it is a combination of all those things and luck, or bad luck is maybe more accurate. I would be pretty shocked if your training drills aren't at a close or similar standard to ours.

But at the same time. Many aussie cricketers grew up also playing football, and you do learn how to hit the ground in various different ways that are not really relevant in cricket, but the body remembers what to do when in those situations. So you could maybe argue that a good percentage of aussies do have a "superior"(for lack of a better word) method of training when it comes to the risky/dangerous fielding manoeuvring that could potentially cause/create a situation of high risk/potential for injury.

Thats my initial thoughts on the question.