Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

13 hours ago, sandeep said:

Thanks for doing this - much appreciated!

Bumrah looks incisive as usual, good to see.  Umesh also looking his usual self - not so good to see.  He looks a totally different bowler with the SG ball in hand in India.  I think Shami was bowling within himself, but then again, his action is total - weekend uncle trundling up to the crease, and then bam its 140 klicks coming at you, so can't be sure.  

India is going to definitely miss Ishant's accuracy and dependability.  If he was there and fully fit, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about India's chances this series.  If Bhuvi was there...:yess:

Don't take my name in vain, puttar.

Just now, Lannister said:

The morons needed one more practice game to decide on the bowlers and the openers. *ing useless team management. 

More like typical useless team management.

I knew for months and months their performances on subcontinent pitches was way overrated.

NZ will tear them apart. Imagine that, a team who is apparently number 1 in ICC rankings getting torn apart by a team clearly in 4th position.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

More like typical useless team management.

I knew for months and months their performances on subcontinent pitches was way overrated.

NZ will tear them apart. Imagine that, a team who is apparently number 1 in ICC rankings getting torn apart by a team clearly in 4th position.

In NZ conditions NZ is obviously a tough side to beat. Ofcourse they count on winning the toss and bowling first.

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

you are giving exceptions to the norm. most players who succeed against swing are those in the Dravid mould.

What I am saying is you can’t discard a player just because his technique is not the norm. Prithvi scored a Ranji century at 17 years of age and scored a blistering debut international century. So he himself is an exceptional talent who deserves his chances.

Edited by Cricket_Fan
24 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Damn Gill.. Wish he scored a few... Most likely Shaw and Mayank will open now.

Hope Pant plays. We need to give that guy his confidence back.

It is upto Gill to shape his own career. He must make every single opportunity count. Longer he delays longer he will take time to establish himself. Our Kaptaan is not the type who backs players no matter what. So they have to make every innings count.