Illegal immigrants returning to Bangladesh

SecondSlip

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

It’s not a measuring contest. Good for you if you know more than me and feel free

to share your knowledge.  So if it is not bogus what is your issue ? The person  who quoted is was not cool enough for you?  He is taking pride in the ancient history of the land which we should have done since we became independent so what’s the problem here?

My issue is with Hindutva morons promoting pseudo science in the garb of ancient Indian technologies. It gives an impression that this was all we had. It makes us a laughing stock. 

There are so many ways by which you can take pride in our ancient achievements and yet we continue to confine ourselves to the pseudo scientific nonsense like flying airplanes in Ramayana or nuclear weapons in Mahabharata. 

You want to revive our lost scientific glory, how about bringing in light the works of Aryabhatta and Varahamihira(whose Panchsiddhantika was a groundbreaking work in astronomy) or the Sulvasutras which go back to vedic era. Do you know Sulvasutras contain one of the earliest expressions of the principle behind what later came to be known as Pythagoras theorem in geometry. 

Aryabhatta was the first astronomer to give a scientific explanation of eclipses. He was also first to discover that the earth rotated on its axis. He worked out the correct equation for calculating the orbit of a planet. Oh and did I mention that he was also regarded as the father of the Algebra. 

Brahmagupta's texts contained a systemic discussion of astronomical instruments as well as methods of computing astronomical elements from readings taken with them. 

Indians discovered decimal system of notation. Our mathematicians were using the system in the 5th century CE while in Europe the old cumbersome system was followed till the 12th century when they finally learnt the new system from the Arabs. In fact, Arab writers such as Al-Biruni and Al-Masudi give the credit for the discovery of the system to the Hindus. 

That's just on mathematics. I don't even wanna start on our medicinal achievements. 

So you see , such a vast repository of knowledge and we chose to limit ourselves to the Gaumutra. This is my beef with the Hindutva people. 

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

My issue is with Hindutva morons promoting pseudo science in the garb of ancient Indian technologies. It gives an impression that this was all we had. It makes us a laughing stock.

Yes, many glorify our ancient history and make unsubstantial scientific claims. But, many people are now changing, and not using it. Obviously, new people are still bringing it and our media eagerly catches it. But, even many other religious talks about miracles and some unscientific claims, but we don't pay much attention. Unlike other religions, we don't work on a linear organization and leadership, and thus, many people freely speak their minds. That freedom should be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, someone said:

Yes, many glorify our ancient history and make unsubstantial scientific claims. But, many people are now changing, and not using it. Obviously, new people are still bringing it and our media eagerly catches it. But, even many other religious talks about miracles and some unscientific claims, but we don't pay much attention. Unlike other religions, we don't work on a linear organization and leadership, and thus, many people freely speak their minds. That freedom should be appreciated.

Problem with such a mindset is that it gives a tacit approval to the loudmouths to air their garbage views. This is taken an advantage by our enemies who present such opinions as belonging and acceptable to the whole Hindu community. We need to rein in such people. 

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Problem with such a mindset is that it gives a tacit approval to the loudmouths to air their garbage views. This is taken an advantage by our enemies who present such opinions as belonging and acceptable to the whole Hindu community. We need to rein in such people. 

And, it is changing. Earlier, many in temples used to often talk about ancient technology marvels yet no scientific evidence. They now don't talk such things, as you can't attract new followers using such method of "foolish pride". Obviously, we don't operate via a central leadership and thus, many today still freely speak their minds and express such foolish pride.

1 minute ago, someone said:

And, it is changing. Earlier, many in temples used to often talk about ancient technology marvels yet no scientific evidence. They now don't talk such things, as you can't attract new followers using such method of "foolish pride". Obviously, we don't operate via a central leadership and thus, many today still freely speak their minds and express such foolish pride.

Yar nobody gives a toss about common people believing in this stuff. The problem arises when people in authority and ministers in power engage in such verbal diarrhea. 

Like when Satyapal Singh ex Mos HRD a couple of years ago claimed that Darwin's theory was false. This is where the trouble lies. Modi needs to control these elements. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

My biggest grouse with the Hindutva orgs is their general stupidity. As Strad said, no progress when it comes to change in curriculum but all the time/money in the world to invest in gaumutra, gobar, pushpak vimana design....

Actually you are part of the problem. Only believe in quick solutions, and shortcuts. Earlier, people like yourself thought if Modi wins,  problems will end.  Now, you think changing education policy will end the problems. It's unfortunate not so simple. You need to build the right base and environment before changing what are some major things and status quo...

[mention=26129]Global.Baba[/mention] be it the Telangana rebellion or Operation Polo, communists were the ones who had mass following. Where were the Hindutva warriors in your own state?
Yes, communists took the initiative but I don't think all the rebels were communists/communist sympathizers. My grandfather was not. He mentioned communists were the only huge organized front to oppose Razaakars but there were joined later by lots of other hindu organizations and "unorganized rebels" taking up against the Razaakars as well.

I could have got more information on this from my grandfather but he passed away last August.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, someone said:

Actually you are part of the problem. Only believe in quick solutions, and shortcuts. Earlier, people like yourself thought if Modi wins,  problems will end.  Now, you think changing education policy will end the problems. It's unfortunate not so simple. You need to build the right base and environment before changing what are some major things and status quo...

I don't believe in shortcuts. However I stand by my belief that Hindutva orgs are lacking in the intellectual department. 

3 hours ago, nikred said:

Yes, communists took the initiative but I don't think all the rebels were communists/communist sympathizers. My grandfather was not. He mentioned communists were the only huge organized front to oppose Razaakars but there were joined later by lots of other hindu organizations and "unorganized rebels" taking up against the Razaakars as well.

I could have got more information on this from my grandfather but he passed away last August.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Salutations to your brave grandpa, we are indebted to him. 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Google is your best friend dude. If you don't find his achievements good enough, can't change your mind. But foundation of today's BJP was built by him, Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi etc. 

Vajpayee the wuss (through MMJ)  attempted to change History books erasing the Marxist version, but our guys are happy saying, we haven’t changed a single comma or a punctuation in our history texts. Laanat hain

6 hours ago, Stradlater said:

There are so many ways by which you can take pride in our ancient achievements and yet we continue to confine ourselves to the pseudo scientific nonsense like flying airplanes in Ramayana or nuclear weapons in Mahabharata. 

You want to revive our lost scientific glory, how about bringing in light the works of Aryabhatta and Varahamihira(whose Panchsiddhantika was a groundbreaking work in astronomy) or the Sulvasutras which go back to vedic era. Do you know Sulvasutras contain one of the earliest expressions of the principle behind what later came to be known as Pythagoras theorem in geometry. 

Aryabhatta was the first astronomer to give a scientific explanation of eclipses. He was also first to discover that the earth rotated on its axis. He worked out the correct equation for calculating the orbit of a planet. Oh and did I mention that he was also regarded as the father of the Algebra. 

Brahmagupta's texts contained a systemic discussion of astronomical instruments as well as methods of computing astronomical elements from readings taken with them. 

Indians discovered decimal system of notation. Our mathematicians were using the system in the 5th century CE while in Europe the old cumbersome system was followed till the 12th century when they finally learnt the new system from the Arabs. In fact, Arab writers such as Al-Biruni and Al-Masudi give the credit for the discovery of the system to the Hindus. 

That's just on mathematics. I don't even wanna start on our medicinal achievements. 

So you see , such a vast repository of knowledge and we chose to limit ourselves to the Gaumutra. This is my beef with the Hindutva people. 

This exactly proves the point I was making earlier. You seem to be a well read and smart guy but still you are only accepting things that has been acknowledged by the west.

The world knows about Aryabhatta.

similarly you are citing some Arab writers validation about Indian mathematics.

We kind of own Yoga/meditation now because the west has adopted it.

However you seem to have a problem and are nitpicking  Cow-urine, Vimaana etc.

People say Leanardo Da Vinci drew a template for the modern aeroplane and no one has an issue with that but when it is mentioned in the context of Indian Puranas people are up in arms.

If some guy cites ancient text mentioning aero planes, transplants and flying saucers the first reaction should be curiosity to see if he is correct  not ridicule him straight away.  Obviously if he is making things up he is an idiot.

The So called Indian Nerd has no issue finding multiple meanings to Parasite or Inception but not curious enough to research or find out about such statements?

Now coming to cow urine and cow dung, cow dung is a renewable energy source. For poor people it acts as a centralized temperature system when the put it on their houses. How incredible is it that some guy figured out the benefits of this 1000 years ago.

Now I don’t know the benefits of cow urine but pretty sure there is some lab in America or Europe conducting a research while we are stuck making fun of it. Why can’t you give benefit of doubt when you have accepted all of  the above?

Also gaumutra is an easy buzzword for the left wing to pick up on because 

BS is used as a taunt in the west while we have found multiple uses for it 1000s of years ago. That’s where the bias comes from for a lot the western wannabes.

6 hours ago, someone said:

No scientific evidence because no one cares to validate such things or even try looking into it.

You discuss the imaginary technology used in  Star Trek or Star Wars for fun and most great scientists will have a childish glee and try to approach it from a scientific angle with almost a childish enthusiasm. They are not going to call you a dumb idiot.

The British writers, scholars and scientists despite of their agenda atleast tried to interpret or translate ancient texts, we are following their interpretation rather than trying to look into it ourselves. Luckily there is a new moment now and a lot of intelligentsia these days is trying to take an interest. Some of them highly qualified economists and engineers.

We should all hope and pray that all our neighboring countries do very well so that we do not face more illegal immigrants.

Bangladesh is doing pretty well.

We should publicize the development of bangladesh more so that people who came earlier too find a motive to go back.

People going back willingly and happily is the best that can happen for both the countries.

Good that the RW here can respectfully disagree on certain points. We have common interests, nationalistic ideals, support the same guys more often than not, there should be scope for internal dissent and demands for accountability. Nothing wrong in expecting higher standards from BJP/RSS, can't afford to fall in the same pit as Congies who don't know much apart from andh bhakti of Italian Gandhis. 

Edited by Gollum

On 2/16/2020 at 8:59 PM, Gollum said:

I don't believe in shortcuts. However I stand by my belief that Hindutva orgs are lacking in the intellectual department. 

Thats the crux of the matter. Our people, temples and institutions would be in denial of problems, than face them. This “all is well”, “Truth is with us”, “ we are 80%” , is being weak in a competitive modern world. So, we need is hard power and shakti to win the intellectual, and political battle arena today...

Remember , geographic speaking from Afghan to Indonesia, we shrink to now just 20%. Only major civilization whose studies is controlled by the west than itself. 

Edited by someone

On 2/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Stradlater said:

We don't need treatises on Gau mutra or ancient Indian plastic surgery nonsense. We need Hindu intellectuals who can take on the might of the leftists who still remain entrenched in their position and that can only happen with a concerted state support which sadly seem to be lacking. Calling Akbar a bigot and Pratap a real victor of Haldighati won't be enough. You have to strike at the root of Islamo- Commie nexus. 

:hysterical: