NZ vs Ind | 2nd Test | Christchurch | Feb 2020

zen

5 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

Lol OK be happy Jaddu is a gritty test bat :giggle:

He's a handy decent test bat.  Especially at #7, he's quality.  And much better than Ashwin over the last 3 years.  Its no contest.  It is what it is.  And I say that as a huge fan of Ashwin the test bowler, when fit and in rhythm, regardless of conditions. 

You what India really needs, is former batsmen that have retired as a coaching consultant in the Indian changeroom for SENA games.

There is a different approach then playing in India.

BCCI should get someone like Dravid, VVS or Tendulkar to explain how you need to graft an innings in SENA. Current Indian batsmen are clueless.

Just now, ganeshran said:

Don't know why he was trying to get it so fine. He has to go bit hard at it in fact to keep it safe 

But going hard at it increases the chances of poor contact/ edges.  The right way is to just try to help it along its way, he tried it, but unfortunately it got more edge than middle.  

now that my initial anger/frustration/disappointment has passed, hard to blame Vihari too much for his dismissal.  It was bad luck.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Possible if bowlers had 185 behind them.  With 120 odd, the pressure simply melts away.  

If the batsmen feel they can get out. anytime, it. can create pressure .... esp. chasing .... but Kiwis are crafty so need something special 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

If the batsmen feel they can get out. anytime, it. can create pressure .... esp. chasing .... but Kiwis are crafty so need something special 

that and that cursed batdeep.  Our bowlers would have had a fighting chance with 190+.  Anything short of 175 is really going to be a formality.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

He's a handy decent test bat.  Especially at #7, he's quality.  And much better than Ashwin over the last 3 years.  Its no contest.  It is what it is.  And I say that as a huge fan of Ashwin the test bowler, when fit and in rhythm, regardless of conditions. 

I don't know why you are trying to make it a comparison between Jaddu and Ashwin. Im no Ashwin fanboy especially in overseas conditions where the pitch conditions make them equally effective (or ineffective). 

Jaddu doesn't attack unless he is forced because he isn't a confident bat. That doesn't mean he is a worse bat than Ashwin, it just means he doesn't behave like a senior bat in a partnership with tailenders 

4 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

Jaddu doesn't attack unless he is forced because he isn't a confident bat.

This is bullshit.  His batting method is pretty much block, block, thwack.  And I have seen him attack plenty of times.  

On shielding the tail, sure you may have a point - but its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.