Picking Kohli Over Badri ended My Career - Vengsarkar

Khota

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

He is simply dropping a non performing captain. But Bcci president who has a vested interest in that captain instead sacked the chief selector and brought in a selector who maintained the status quo and our team continued to suffer.

I am not defending the legality of Lodha committee here but I am happy it helped get rid of Srini and Dhoni nexus.

Just under a year ago, he won the world cup and drew a tough series in SA. He failed in his first two away series. That doesn't merit a drop. You will fit well in PCB. So youre not defending lodha but defend dropping the two who was done in by lodha. You will like edulji and shahsank manohar

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

He had an eye for talent. Backed Kohli, Uthappa, Rohit unlike Srikant who was busy promoting useless players.

Kohli and Rohit would have come through the ranks despite vengsarkar. You are giving him too much credit. Uthappa was a talent alright, a front foot plonking talent  :lol: Badri was a better player than him. How he got very little chances is beyond me that too with Srini supposedly pulling the strings. CSK lobby you said :facepalm: Southies are less aggressive than the rest of India and follow rules too much. If Badri played for Mumbai or Delhi, he would be a superstar in the making. He has a domestic average of above 60s. That alone should have given him a few more chances. These vengsarker types accuse others of being regionalistic while they are the worst offenders. Good that srini ended his career. Its fun to see him whine to the media :laugh:

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Southies are less aggressive than the rest of India and follow rules too much. If Badri played for Mumbai or Delhi, he would be a superstar in the making

Badri was a southern Amol Mazumdar - there are plenty of names in Indian cricket history that probably deserved a better shot at int'l cricket, but did not get it, due to a combination of factors.  

Gotta love the stereotyping though - its hilarious.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Badri was a southern Amol Mazumdar - there are plenty of names in Indian cricket history that probably deserved a better shot at int'l cricket, but did not get it, due to a combination of factors.  

Gotta love the stereotyping though - its hilarious.

Both Badri and Amol played in a time when the fab 4 played. Badri was a little younger so he had a chance when the big 4 retired. But to dismiss this as CSK lobby is rubbish. When shastri gets to play, why not Badri. Don't tell me tracer bullet got in because of his talent. He was a chamcha for Sunnyji and he was included because of mumbai lobby.

Stereotypes are there for a reason. A lot of northies blame Mumbai lobby, Karnataka lobby and CSK lobby when they always preferred their own. Case in point Amarnath preferred Gambhir to replace Dhoni as captain when he was out of form. Ishant was bowling tripe in that dismal tour and blamed Dhoni is not picking him. So Dhoni had to pick him and the result is there to see. He was the worst bowler to have played 50+ tests :facepalm: Did Amarnath complain about Ishant.

These are the people who fault southies with playing the regional card. They should look at themselves first. They never look and start blaming others. They are probably the most socially aggressive people in India. That's why they get a look in. Only the crying baby gets milk in the dog eats dog kinda competition. Southies in general are stoics (not saying we are saints) when compared with the rest of India.

19 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Both Badri and Amol played in a time when the fab 4 played. Badri was a little younger so he had a chance when the big 4 retired. But to dismiss this as CSK lobby is rubbish. When shastri gets to play, why not Badri. Don't tell me tracer bullet got in because of his talent. He was a chamcha for Sunnyji and he was included because of mumbai lobby.

Stereotypes are there for a reason. A lot of northies blame Mumbai lobby, Karnataka lobby and CSK lobby when they always preferred their own. Case in point Amarnath preferred Gambhir to replace Dhoni as captain when he was out of form. Ishant was bowling tripe in that dismal tour and blamed Dhoni is not picking him. So Dhoni had to pick him and the result is there to see. He was the worst bowler to have played 50+ tests :facepalm: Did Amarnath complain about Ishant.

These are the people who fault southies with playing the regional card. They should look at themselves first. They never look and start blaming others. They are probably the most socially aggressive people in India. That's why they get a look in. Only the crying baby gets milk in the dog eats dog kinda competition. Southies in general are stoics (not saying we are saints) when compared with the rest of India.

Shastri should have never played for India but Badri was not the best either.

19 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Say something negative about Average Ashwin and you fill quickly find out how stoic they are.

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

Shastri should have never played for India but Badri was not the best either.

He deserved a shot and he was among the best in domestics

51 minutes ago, Khota said:

Say something negative about Average Ashwin and you fill quickly find out how stoic they are.

I said comparatively. Go find a northie stoic and I will change my name.

23 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

He deserved a shot and he was among the best in domestics

There were plenty better than him. He was from Mumbai and they had the best lobby. He could not even make up his mind wether he was a bowler or a bat. Parasite.

23 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I said comparatively. Go find a northie stoic and I will change my name.

Once again stereotyping people. I am pretty stoic but I like your name so don't change it.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, Real McCoy said:

The Fab 4 were definitely a reason why many prolific Ranjit batsmen did not get chances. There was no vacancy at all and when Ganguly also settled in team the chances for others were totally none except for injuries.

Iirc Badri played his first test against SA in India and was brutally destroyed by Steyn and other bowlers? He scored less than runs what Bhuvi or Ashwin scores in test series.

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

The Fab 4 were definitely a reason why many prolific Ranjit batsmen did not get chances. There was no vacancy at all and when Ganguly also settled in team the chances for others were totally none except for injuries.

Iirc Badri played his first test against SA in India and was brutally destroyed by Steyn and other bowlers? He scored less than runs what Bhuvi or Ashwin scores in test series.

Badri scored a 57 in that test.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, Real McCoy said:

All I see is vengsarkar grabbing attention and media time. He was just as regional as every selector in India.

Amarnath once said in an interview that he will always prefer fast bowlers from North because, well because they are from North. By the way, I always find it funny how some people from North claim people from other regions are biased towards their province/region as though they are saints and treat all people from India equally.  They are in fact the most racist people in India. :rofl: Try asking anyone from North who has lived in South for a few years to speak a whole sentence in local language and I will run naked on the street even in complete lockdown at the risk of getting my ass lathi charged by cops.

45 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Amarnath once said in an interview that he will always prefer fast bowlers from North because, well because they are from North. By the way, I always find it funny how some people from North claim people from other regions are biased towards their province/region as though they are saints and treat all people from India equally.  They are in fact the most racist people in India. :rofl: Try asking anyone from North who has lived in South for a few years to speak a whole sentence in local language and I will run naked on the street even in complete lockdown at the risk of getting my ass lathi charged by cops.

Its because of colonial hangover. The brits created further division based on martial races theory saying northies are much more martial and southies are less so. Amarnath is probably educated by the old system which relied on british view of history. Your point about northies acting like saints is right on. They are the most biased people in India and have the nerve to accuse others of regionalism. There are northies living in Maharashatra and Karnataka who don't know the respective state languages even after being there for a decade. In TN, you are sort of forced to learn Tamil because nobody speaks Hindi here and those who do are not fluent. By northies I mean hindi belt people not Punjabis and Gujaratis as they have a language of their own. I don't know how these states tolerate the hindi crowd.