"20 intubations, but no patient who took Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin combo got intubated"

randomGuy

20 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

survivor account of One more supposed life saving act by hydroxychloroquine

Anecdotal.  Could be any number of reasons.  This is why they do trials with 1000s of people and tease out all other factors, so they can be sure.  

Today, I ate corn flakes, milk and some strawberries.  If I have diarrhea, which one should I blame?  It is impossible to know. 

But you can get data from a 1000 people, all of whom had corn flakes and milk, but only 500 had strawberries.  Out of the 500 strawberry eaters, 450 of them had diarrhea, but only 20 out of the other 500 (who may have had banana, apple, sitaphal ...) had diarrhea.  Now, you can point to strawberries being the reason.  And then there were another 1000 people who ate strawberries but not corn flakes or milk and 890 of them had diarrhea.  Now, you know it was the damn strawberries!

Crap ... time to run!

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka

9 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

They are selling for 3/- per pill bro... Say that they are doing it for humanity not for profit... By the way this price 3 rupees per pill is below government regulated price not even at par with government fixed price

Retail prices fixed by govt are different than wholesale pricing.  So let's not overplay the "humanity" part.  

Still

On 4/6/2020 at 6:36 AM, randomGuy said:
Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Is not prescribing to patients who are not seriously ill, yet all those (seriously ill) are recovering with hcq

Have his claims been independently vetted?  Dude is the CEO of an urgent care clinic chain.  Nothing wrong with that, but just one of the things that make you go hmm ... 

Is he related to John Cardillo, which is why John C is hyping this (see tweets below)?  Just thought I'd enter the world of conspiracy theory development :-).

5 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Have his claims been independently vetted?  Dude is the CEO of an urgent care clinic chain.  Nothing wrong with that, but just one of the things that make you go hmm ... 

Is he related to John Cardillo, which is why John C is hyping this (see tweets below)?  Just thought I'd enter the world of conspiracy theory development :-).

I am not opposed to these theories. Let people listen to all kinds of stuff and then they and their doctors take the call.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Retail prices fixed by govt are different than wholesale pricing.  So let's not overplay the "humanity" part.  

Still

Retail price fixed is Rs 5/. You do not have to see everyone with American Glass. Despite Tableeghis, despite poverty, Indians have come together as human. Their intellectual  and capitalists , all have joined forces. Some may or may not like Modi or Rahul but mostly everyone has done better and come together then most of Western world.

You can argue, They have no choice but to come together , but at the end, they have done better

On 4/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, cowboysfan said:

you will find that ICF is populated by crazy conspiracy theorists.

Lockdown has created an entire community of bored 'bro scientists' and self-proclaimed experts on the internet.

If you need medical advice, GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GO SEE A DOCTOR.

22 hours ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Anecdotal.  Could be any number of reasons.  This is why they do trials with 1000s of people and tease out all other factors, so they can be sure.  

Today, I ate corn flakes, milk and some strawberries.  If I have diarrhea, which one should I blame?  It is impossible to know. 

But you can get data from a 1000 people, all of whom had corn flakes and milk, but only 500 had strawberries.  Out of the 500 strawberry eaters, 450 of them had diarrhea, but only 20 out of the other 500 (who may have had banana, apple, sitaphal ...) had diarrhea.  Now, you can point to strawberries being the reason.  And then there were another 1000 people who ate strawberries but not corn flakes or milk and 890 of them had diarrhea.  Now, you know it was the damn strawberries!

Crap ... time to run!

It's sad you have to explain basic high school grade science to these people.

They have so much invested in their cult status they need to be proven right. Even if there is no real evidence, they'll cling onto any shred of correlation (98% of the time using Fox 'News' as their source) and then wave it around like it's confirmed causation.

^^it's not confirmed bro which you have said.

It's just an option maybe to discuss between you and your doctor if you get covid-19 ultimately your doctor has to prescribe or not prescribe (atleast in the US)

Edited by randomGuy

55 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

It's sad you have to explain basic high school grade science to these people.

They have so much invested in their cult status they need to be proven right. Even if there is no real evidence, they'll cling onto any shred of correlation (98% of the time using Fox 'News' as their source) and then wave it around like it's confirmed causation.

so much of information related to the topic  in your post :giggle:

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

^^it's not confirmed bro which you have said.

It's just an option maybe to discuss between you and your doctor if you get covid-19 ultimately your doctor has to prescribe or not prescribe (atleast in the US)

The point is, there is a simple process which has been used for many years.

Arriving at a conclusion you want and working backwards to prove your conclusion correct by willing it to be true is not the way to do it.